#SellBeforeWeDai (to someone fit and proper)“ supporters action group

2684 posts
Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: “ Sell before we Dai (to someone fit and proper)“ supporters action group v2.3 sponsored by Dunlop Tennis Balls

by Brogue » 31 Oct 2023 09:50

SBWD are to meet the EFL this week.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: “ Sell before we Dai (to someone fit and proper)“ supporters action group v2.3 sponsored by Dunlop Tennis Balls

by Forbury Lion » 31 Oct 2023 09:54

St Pauli His Mrs is very fit and quite flirty so well done guys.
you expect us to take your word on that with no evidence?

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 31 Oct 2023 10:01

Brogue SBWD are to meet the EFL this week.

STAR have requested a meeting, it will sit alongside the SBWD campaign work but on this occasion it is the Trust.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 31 Oct 2023 10:01

Brogue SBWD are to meet the EFL this week.
Would be interesting to hear what the F&PP test is?

I once had to get high level security clearance and one of the tick boxes on the form was "are you a terrorist Y/N" - Great way to catch thick terrorists I guess, but I do wonder if the F&PP test has a questionnaire with similar questions on....
"Are you a fit and proper person Y/N"
"Will you pay the tax man and salaries on time each month Y/N"

Easy for someone who doesn't speak English to tick the wrong boxes by mistake I guess

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 01 Nov 2023 08:36

There are lads on X posting pictures of packets of tennis balls calling for multiple disruptions every game until Dai sells up, it`s clear that he doesn`t give a toss even if he actually knows about it.
It`s cost us two goals already and surely only a matter of time before a referee abandons a game, then yet more EFL sanctions, playing games without fans?
I wouldn`t put anything past them.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 01 Nov 2023 08:49

windermereROYAL There are lads on X posting pictures of packets of tennis balls calling for multiple disruptions every game until Dai sells up, it`s clear that he doesn`t give a toss even if he actually knows about it.
It`s cost us two goals already and surely only a matter of time before a referee abandons a game, then yet more EFL sanctions, playing games without fans?

On the other hand the very future of the club is at stake - I wouldn't sweat another points deduction or defeat.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Nov 2023 08:50

I'd rather they went on as the teams line up to kick off first or second half. I certainly don't want two mid-game disruptions

East Grinstead Royal

by East Grinstead Royal » 01 Nov 2023 08:53

I don't think the tennis balls are intended to get a message through to Dai, surely they are more to draw the attention of the media, other clubs' supporters, the general public and the EFL?

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 01 Nov 2023 08:53

I also think pitch invasions should be the next step.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 01 Nov 2023 09:17

I wonder if tennis balls have run their course. They were effective in drawing media attention and getting some fan momentum, but I think they will lose that effect the more we do it.

I would say SBWD has been a resounding success. Media interest and political involvement have both come out of it, whilst it's given the fans a purpose during this time. We don't know what Dai is thinking, but whether due to pressure or coincidence he is now looking to sell. We know he is a private man, so the publicity generated will surely make him uncomfortable.

But the more this drags on, the more SBWD need to become creative in keeping the pressure on him. Tennis ball protests, marches, media articles are all making a difference, but he's still here. Hopefully he's gone by December, but what is our next play if not?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 01 Nov 2023 09:29

Green
windermereROYAL There are lads on X posting pictures of packets of tennis balls calling for multiple disruptions every game until Dai sells up, it`s clear that he doesn`t give a toss even if he actually knows about it.

On the other hand the very future of the club is at stake - I wouldn't sweat another points deduction or defeat.

Yep, this. I would argue anyone focusing on what division we are in next year, isn't really playing close enough attention.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 01 Nov 2023 09:51

WestYorksRoyal I wonder if tennis balls have run their course. They were effective in drawing media attention and getting some fan momentum, but I think they will lose that effect the more we do it.

I would say SBWD has been a resounding success. Media interest and political involvement have both come out of it, whilst it's given the fans a purpose during this time. We don't know what Dai is thinking, but whether due to pressure or coincidence he is now looking to sell. We know he is a private man, so the publicity generated will surely make him uncomfortable.

But the more this drags on, the more SBWD need to become creative in keeping the pressure on him. Tennis ball protests, marches, media articles are all making a difference, but he's still here. Hopefully he's gone by December, but what is our next play if not?

Is it just persistence? The game was stopped twice on Saturday and I believe there was an announcement saying the game would be abandoned should this happen again, I suspect that would be the next step. I wouldn't be bothered about another points deduction or even a fine against the club, we've got big enough problems as it is, whatever gains more media attention and can try and get us out of this mess.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 01 Nov 2023 10:46

As Dai is actively looking to sell the club and we know several buyers are interested, why risk more points deductions and fines over the next few weeks and let's just see how the current situation plays out? If there are things that could be done that don't come with these penalties then crack on.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 01 Nov 2023 10:53

morganb As Dai is actively looking to sell the club and we know several buyers are interested, why risk more points deductions and fines over the next few weeks and let's just see how the current situation plays out? If there are things that could be done that don't come with these penalties then crack on.

I think they need to issue a warning first, maybe gate security will get more stringent.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 01 Nov 2023 11:15

morganb As Dai is actively looking to sell the club and we know several buyers are interested, why risk more points deductions and fines over the next few weeks and let's just see how the current situation plays out? If there are things that could be done that don't come with these penalties then crack on.

Agreed. More marches and things away from the game itself. Could Ian perhaps glue himself to the stadium as an example or members of STAR be chained to their portacabin?

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 01 Nov 2023 11:35

windermereROYAL

I think they need to issue a warning first, maybe gate security will get more stringent.

They have sniffer dogs to find drugs and we all know how much dogs like a tennis ball so perhaps they need ball sniffer dogs patrolling outside 1871?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 01 Nov 2023 11:49

morganb
windermereROYAL

They have sniffer dogs to find drugs and we all know how much dogs like a tennis ball so perhaps they need ball sniffer dogs patrolling outside 1871?

In for getting more golden retrievers at games.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 01 Nov 2023 11:56

Hendo
morganb
windermereROYAL

In for getting more golden retrievers at games.

You joke but games would be so much more entertaining if you just had a random dog going mental with the ball while a game is trying to be played. In for that.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 01 Nov 2023 12:48

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 01 Nov 2023 12:59

RIP Mr Woof. :(

2684 posts