BenReadingFC
Hob Nob Regular

by BenReadingFC » 28 Oct 2007 08:56

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 28 Oct 2007 09:33

Victor Meldrew What must Doyle have thought when he put that first chance on a plate for Lita?
"I would have scored that with my eyes shut"?

Alternatively, had the ball arrived slightly behind him, as it did, he might not have found it as easy as he thought!

Still, can't have a game where we don't pick on at least one player and this time it's clearly Lita's turn! Incredibly a group of morons decided they were going to pick on him and boo him from the moment he missed that opportunity.

In the past he's been criticised for being greedy, trying to do it all himself, diving etc. etc.

Against Newcastle he put in a much more rounded performance as a team player, bringing others into play by his work, movement, holding the ball up and passing plus showing great strength to stay on his feet under some quite robust challenges - yet still he gets stick.

For those who laughably claim, on the basis of one game, that he's not an instinctive finisher - there's plenty of managers out their who have found out the opposite to their cost!

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 28 Oct 2007 09:51

RoyalBlue For those who laughably claim, on the basis of one game, that he's not an instinctive finisher - there's plenty of managers out their who have found out the opposite to their cost!

Indeed. Lita certainly can finish, and the less time he has to think about it the better.

Doyle couldn't buy a goal earlier this season, so I don't know how he's being regarded as a deadly finisher all of a sudden.

Usual reactionary rubbish.

But, well played Reading. The better side and a well-deserved 3 points. Newcastle were dreadful.

Scylla

by Scylla » 28 Oct 2007 10:03

RoyalBlue
Victor Meldrew What must Doyle have thought when he put that first chance on a plate for Lita?
"I would have scored that with my eyes shut"?

Alternatively, had the ball arrived slightly behind him, as it did, he might not have found it as easy as he thought!

Still, can't have a game where we don't pick on at least one player and this time it's clearly Lita's turn! Incredibly a group of morons decided they were going to pick on him and boo him from the moment he missed that opportunity.

In the past he's been criticised for being greedy, trying to do it all himself, diving etc. etc.

Against Newcastle he put in a much more rounded performance as a team player, bringing others into play by his work, movement, holding the ball up and passing plus showing great strength to stay on his feet under some quite robust challenges - yet still he gets stick.

For those who laughably claim, on the basis of one game, that he's not an instinctive finisher - there's plenty of managers out their who have found out the opposite to their cost!

Lita is very much 'instinctive' in the sense that he lacks technique and he blows hot and cold. He isn't, as yet, a reliable finisher. I thought he had a good all round game yesterday but any striker who misses two decent chances in the Premiership is going to come under pressure.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 28 Oct 2007 10:32

Just think it's a case of someone lacking a little bit of confidence and having not played a lot of games. He's a good player, a very good goalscorer and on ce he gets one he'll go on a run like last year.

But if you want another player to slate because he missed two chances then go for it, just shows you up to be a complete fool, usual overreaction utter shite that is becoming a trait of HNA.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 28 Oct 2007 10:35

Gordons Cumming
Platypuss
Gordons Cumming What the game proved to me was that Lita is not a natural finisher.

One game never proves anything.

He misses far more than he scores.

:lol:

Even Jay wouldn't post something as clueless as that.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 28 Oct 2007 10:45

Platypuss
Gordons Cumming
Platypuss
Gordons Cumming What the game proved to me was that Lita is not a natural finisher.

One game never proves anything.

He misses far more than he scores.

:lol:

Even Jay wouldn't post something as clueless as that.

and from a usually fairly decent poster whose opinions are usually readble and well thought out.

Possibly the biggest load of shite posted on here for some while, good effort.

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 28 Oct 2007 10:49

If any striker could hit a 50% conversion rate of chances then i suspect we would no longer even mention Greaves, Rush, Lineker or Wright....

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 28 Oct 2007 10:53

If he netted every chance and was absolutely phenomenal in front of goal, he wouldn't be at Reading simple as that.

Lita is a young man that is capable of scoring goals at any level, even at 22 yes TWENTY TWO he has already proved that. Top scorer in an International tournament, scored goals in the Premier League last season and he'll score goals this season given games.

Having watched Football First his performance overall was quite good, he fluffed his lines in front of goal twice, sadly that happens. Les Ferdinand missed an opne goal for Reading so that must mean he was a terrible forward, not a natural goalscorer, or whatver rubbish is being spouted. :roll:

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator

by Platypuss » 28 Oct 2007 10:54

Highlights here (but bizarrely missig the Lita miss from Doyle).

http://squaretan.com/reading-vs-newcastle-united-videos-goals-and-highlights/

I notice the "hapless" Lita played no part in the first goal at all.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 28 Oct 2007 11:07

Alan Partridge Just think it's a case of someone lacking a little bit of confidence and having not played a lot of games. He's a good player, a very good goalscorer and on ce he gets one he'll go on a run like last year.

But if you want another player to slate because he missed two chances then go for it, just shows you up to be a complete fool, usual overreaction utter shite that is becoming a trait of HNA.

Funny how words like "slate" come to the fore when trying to make a point-I haven't seen anybody slating him on this or any other topic..
Also nobody around us were booing Lita there were just two enormous groans as he missed two absolute sitters that could have cost us the game.
Lita's game IMHO is some way behind Doyle or Kitson and (Liverpool in the Carling cup,England u21s) he does miss chances that people at this level (or in the above two examples at any level) really shouldn't.
What I like about Lita is his change of attitude from the dismal sulker of Wigan away last season to trier and yesterday he did his share of tackling back along with Doyle and Kitson and so played his part in a well deserved victory.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 28 Oct 2007 13:42

Alan Partridge Just think it's a case of someone lacking a little bit of confidence and having not played a lot of games. He's a good player, a very good goalscorer and on ce he gets one he'll go on a run like last year.

What nonsense!

If Hahnamann can get slated for kicking into touch once or twice in a match or Gunnarsson receive the kind of stick he's had for losing possession in the centre circle, when a Premiership striker misses 2 absolute sitters and almost costs us the match, especially with our current options up front, he shouldn't expect to start next week.

Doyle hasn't been at his best this season but I haven't seen him miss any chances as simple as the ones Leroy had yesterday.

Simply, Doyle, Kitson and Long not only offer more as all round players but are also scoring whilst Lita isn't.

This should make Lita our 4th striker on current form, meaning any return to his best will probably take place in the reserves, as is the case with the rest of the squad who don't command a place in the match day 16.

Leroy can't expect not to pay a price for such dreadful finishing especially when Long saved the day with his second touch!

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 28 Oct 2007 14:18

Platypuss Highlights here (but bizarrely missig the Lita miss from Doyle).

Do you not consider he was luckless, unfortunate and deserving of a little pity yesterday then?

Pleased to see you post your positive thoughts about young Shane's contribution yesterday...

Just checked and golly, not even a peep on that one from you. I'm sure you'd have got around to it eventually.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator

by Platypuss » 28 Oct 2007 17:05

Royal Rother

Do you not consider he was luckless, unfortunate and deserving of a little pity yesterday then?

What are you on about? :?

I saw a lot of hard work but some poor finishing. Where do you think Lita was unlucky?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 28 Oct 2007 17:44

Woodcote Royal

What nonsense!

If Hahnamann can get slated for kicking into touch once or twice in a match or Gunnarsson receive the kind of stick he's had for losing possession in the centre circle, when a Premiership striker misses 2 absolute sitters and almost costs us the match, especially with our current options up front, he shouldn't expect to start next week.

Doyle hasn't been at his best this season but I haven't seen him miss any chances as simple as the ones Leroy had yesterday.

Simply, Doyle, Kitson and Long not only offer more as all round players but are also scoring whilst Lita isn't.

This should make Lita our 4th striker on current form, meaning any return to his best will probably take place in the reserves, as is the case with the rest of the squad who don't command a place in the match day 16.

Leroy can't expect not to pay a price for such dreadful finishing especially when Long saved the day with his second touch!

Yawn!

I'll say it here as I've said it elsewhere. If Long starts instead of Lita for anything other than medical reasons I'll eat my head.

Lita ran Newcastle's defence ragged and provides considerably more threat than long. Any of our strikers would have put that shot away.

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 28 Oct 2007 17:47

Ian Royal Lita ran Newcastle's defence ragged and provides considerably more threat than long. Any of our strikers would have put that shot away.

That's demonstrably untrue given that Long scored and Lita didn't.

But I agree that Lita is still ahead of Long in the pecking order. Long looks so much more dangerous coming on as a sub as teams simply do not adjust to what he does.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 28 Oct 2007 17:53

Woodcote Royal

What nonsense!

I have numerously stuck up for Hahnemann re his distribution and also said the force of the stick for Gunnarsson is unfair, so you're preaching to the converted on that front. Yes Long did net a goal, a well taken one. But when he has started games he has done nothing to warrant staying in the team. Lita mised 2 bad, the first in particular was very bad opportunities yesterday. He'll be gutted about them, but one whiff of him missing chances and already the usual suspects straight to jump on his back. I'll remember it when he wins us one of numerous games later on in the season.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 28 Oct 2007 18:19

Platypuss
Royal Rother

What are you on about? :?

I saw a lot of hard work but some poor finishing. Where do you think Lita was unlucky?

Very nice dodge. :lol:

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator

by Platypuss » 28 Oct 2007 18:41

If you say so. :?

I asked a question, you didn't answer it.

So who's doing the dodging?

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 29 Oct 2007 00:58

Ian Royal
Woodcote Royal

What nonsense!

Yawn!

I'll say it here as I've said it elsewhere. If Long starts instead of Lita for anything other than medical reasons I'll eat my head.

Lita ran Newcastle's defence ragged and provides considerably more threat than long. Any of our strikers would have put that shot away.

I'm not knocking Lita's effort....................not going to ground at the slightest provocation was a big improvement from what we've seen from him so often in the past, but calling him a threat to Newcastle on Saturday is nothing short of laughable when he clearly couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo :?

He's a striker, and he didn't look like scoring if he'd stayed out there 'til midnight where as it took Long a few seconds, and just 2 touches, to find the back of a the net with a chance that was harder to convert than either of Lita's missed sitters.

So, why the fcuk would any of Coppell's other strikers now be behind Lita in the pecking order when he hasn't scored in the league this season and they all have?

Leroy is terrific when he's scoring but offers very little when he isn't, and it's about time some of his fan club woke up and smelt the coffee.

124 posts