Halls

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 25 Sep 2007 23:47

I didn't think Halls was that bad particularly as it appears that he is a right back?! and if so was being played out of position...

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 25 Sep 2007 23:49

AthleticoSpizz
Alan Partridge
AthleticoSpizz but Sodje is still a Reading player isn't he?

in name until January..yes. He will never play a game for Reading Football club again.
I'll go a fiver

You're on my friend.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 25 Sep 2007 23:50

Alan Partridge
AthleticoSpizz
Alan Partridge
AthleticoSpizz but Sodje is still a Reading player isn't he?

in name until January..yes. He will never play a game for Reading Football club again.
I'll go a fiver

You're on my friend.
you got it

Spirit of Elm Park

by Spirit of Elm Park » 25 Sep 2007 23:51

Wasted chance.

Halls is never going to trouble the first team unless we have an injury crisis of biblical proportions. He's had 2 years here and done nothing to force his way into the squad, let alone a starting position.

Yet another chance slips by to give youngsters a chance. Exactly when are the likes of Henry going to get their chance, FA Cup? Its one thing to play a reserve side, but there must be reason to the selection IMO.

That said, one of Hall's better performances, but he still wouldn't make it into my cup team.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 25 Sep 2007 23:52

Did the Disciple XI all get crocked then?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 25 Sep 2007 23:55

correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't JH out injured for a year of the last two??

and just what is this obsession with our new messiah anyway?

Rax

by Rax » 25 Sep 2007 23:57

Not up to it - get rid - move on!

Having said that he did put in a peach of a cross... but he just ain't good enough for us!

Spirit of Elm Park

by Spirit of Elm Park » 26 Sep 2007 00:05

cmonurz Did the Disciple XI all get crocked then?

:D

Fubar
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Fubar » 26 Sep 2007 00:28

I can't say that I'm one of Hall's biggest fans, but, I thought the boy done good tonight... He ain't no Convey though, that's for sure. (there's only ONE Bobby Convey)

savage 4 england

by savage 4 england » 26 Sep 2007 00:34

He did ok.

He just doesn't look like a winger.

Gatecrasher

by Gatecrasher » 26 Sep 2007 08:17

considering he was whipping in some tidy crosses, including the one Lita should have put away in the first half, not sure why he was taken off just as we bought Kitson on

c_harrison

by c_harrison » 26 Sep 2007 08:20

His crossing was excellent. Needed Kitson to be on the end of them to be honest. His cross in the first half for Lita was spot on. Unfortunately Leroy headed straight at their keeper though!

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 26 Sep 2007 08:30

Gatecrasher considering he was whipping in some tidy crosses, including the one Lita should have put away in the first half, not sure why he was taken off just as we bought Kitson on

He looked absolutely knackered by that time and wasn't trackibg back.

Who else would you have taken off for Henry?

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 26 Sep 2007 08:58

Jackson Corner A bit harsh his crosses were top draw took his goal well. Remember who he was up against tonight and that's his first game of the season.

You mean that awe inspiring left side of Aurelio (his first game back after serious injury wasn't it?) and Leto (making his Liverpool debut and didn't look much cop either)? Not to difficult an opposition to look half decent against to be honest.

As for his crossing. I thought Halls got two or three very good balls into the box. He also hit the first defender or scuffed his cross on more occassions than not.

His lack of defending was pretty apparent too. A couple of the goals came from it as far as I'm concerned so I don't think he showed any reason why he'll still be here past this season or why Coppell should continue to throw him in for the odd game above the likes of Henry.

Jackson Corner I think a loan spell to a Championship club could be what he needs?

A proper transfer to anyone would be preferable!

torbayroyal

Halls

by torbayroyal » 26 Sep 2007 08:58

We are a premiership club (long may it continue) Is Halls premiership quality? I have been thinking about the other Premier clubs and thinking of their players in that position. OH DEAR

BobKnows

by BobKnows » 26 Sep 2007 09:11

So he's no Ronaldo. Jees, it takes you lot all of five seconds to get on the back of someone else, now Seol has gone :roll: It's one game. I thought he was fine. He scored a goal. He probably wasn't playing his strongest natural position. Coppell has also chosen not to offload him, which suggests to me that he is not the peice of tat most of you seem to have him down as.

Well done, by the way, to the girl sat in front of me yesterday, who kept shouting "get him off Coppell" every time he got the ball. You might want to wait until he's played more than five minutes luv before you open your loud judgemental gob.

juanpablo
Hob Nob Regular

by juanpablo » 26 Sep 2007 09:17

everybody in stoke can not believe he hasnt made it, at championship level he stood out more than most of our squad (before the 100 + season obviously). They all rated him very highly although there was always a question about his attitude since his arsenal days.....

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 26 Sep 2007 09:21

FWIW I thought his first touch was very good, his crosses were good - his tracking back wasn't and he lost the ball a few times in dangerous positions; but otherwise, I thought he looked OK, no worse than Rosenior ... or maybe a bit better given the fact that he scored and put in v decent crosses.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 26 Sep 2007 09:48

he made three or four good crosses in his last ten minutes on the pitch
before that he gave away the ball every time he got it
he dwelled on the ball too long, his passes were wayward, he jogged about aimlessly, was miles out of position every time they attacked, didnt see him make a tackle.
and to say his goal, which he tock three swipes at was well taken is a joke.

Adrian's Fool

by Adrian's Fool » 26 Sep 2007 09:52

I thought he had a very good game - enough to convince me he could do a job on the right in the league anyway. Our collective passing at times in the first half, including by Halls, was excellent - I don't recall him giving it away too much and certainly not in dangerous positions. As has been mentioned, his crossing was top notch, a match for shorey (who imho had a very good match attacking-wise as well) and for convey at times. He faded at times but then so did everyone.

It beggars belief how people can be upset at anyone after that performance - full of spirit, pace, energy. We were undone only by a world-class talent.