To all the boo boys:

139 posts
P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

Re: To all the boo boys:

by P!ssed Off » 22 Dec 2013 12:38

MmmMonsterMunch
P!ssed Off I thought the Le Fondre chant was after Sharp fluffed the one-on-one with a pathetic effort straight at the keeper, not long after the pen.
Might be wrong though.

Also, I think the few going "that was embarrassing" was more aimed at the team's performance in general, rather than just the pen.
Bear in mind that comedy of a freekick routine was only a few minutes before.

It was immediately after the pen so no it wasn't. Then after that, they started chanting for Alfie. I'm stunned at how people can call themselves supporters and carry on like that. What happens if we get another pen soon? Who is going to want to take it? At least Sharp had the balls to say he wanted it.

Where did all these pathetic, expectant cnuts come from? The Coppell era seems such a long time ago now. It's a real shame.

ok.
I wasn't chanting after the pen anyway. More sitting in stunned silence at another squandered opportunity.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 22 Dec 2013 12:45

It's almost a self-fulfilling prophecy though. The players are nervous so make more mistakes, play worse, the fans get on their back more & so it goes on.

The players won't play for the fans if they are giving them sh1te every game. Why is that so hard for the neanderthals on here to understand?

And like I said before, it was actually worse than just booing yesterday. What comes next?? More derogatory songs about our own players ala "Shaun Cummings you've always been sh1t".

It's appalling.

SHORT AND CURLY

by SHORT AND CURLY » 22 Dec 2013 12:48

Vic_Flange The comments on this thread clearly show the boo boys dont have the bollocks to stand up, even under a false name on an Internet thread. W*nkers they clearly are. :roll: Let the rest of us get behind the team, and treat the boo boys with the contempt they deserve.

This post epitomises the clappy happy Reading fan.

Ra Ra Ra

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 22 Dec 2013 12:51

SHORT AND CURLY
Vic_Flange The comments on this thread clearly show the boo boys dont have the bollocks to stand up, even under a false name on an Internet thread. W*nkers they clearly are. :roll: Let the rest of us get behind the team, and treat the boo boys with the contempt they deserve.

Ra Ra Ra

Not really - unless you class not acting like a cnut on matchday happy clappy.

Feel free to put me in that bracket then. I've groaned at a few misplaced passes & got frustrated as we all do but I just don't see what abusing the players / booing / whacking my seat up & down like a tw@t achieves.

Vic_Flange

by Vic_Flange » 22 Dec 2013 12:52

SHORT AND CURLY

Ra Ra Ra

My post epitomises a Reading fan who has seen us in Division 4 as well as the Premier & Championship and knows what its like to see truly shit Reading team.

Clappy happy? No, realist, Yes.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 22 Dec 2013 12:57

MmmMonsterMunch It's almost a self-fulfilling prophecy though. The players are nervous so make more mistakes, play worse, the fans get on their back more & so it goes on.

The players won't play for the fans if they are giving them sh1te every game. Why is that so hard for the neanderthals on here to understand?

And like I said before, it was actually worse than just booing yesterday. What comes next?? More derogatory songs about our own players ala "Shaun Cummings you've always been sh1t".

It's appalling.

tbf they were losing 2-0 after 12 minutes.
I didn't hear much criticism in the first 12 minutes.
What came first: the criticism or them playing shit?

Not sure confidence is as big a factor at the moment as some people make out.
The players seem to be totally clueless as to what they're supposed to be doing a large amount of the time.
The comedy free-kick involving Pog, Drenthe and Guthrie summed the game up nicely.

It genuinely looks as if they haven't had a training session in weeks.
Match Preparation is pathetic as well. Once again Adkins switched formation 35 minutes into a game. Why did we not sort out our tactics before the game like everybody else does?

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 22 Dec 2013 13:00

Those goals though I mean come on - no manager in the world can do anything about that :lol:

SHORT AND CURLY

by SHORT AND CURLY » 22 Dec 2013 13:02

I have seen some real dross over the years and currently this is up there with it.

If your happy, thats fine by me. You just cheer every time we lose with a whimper.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 22 Dec 2013 13:02

MmmMonsterMunch Those goals though I mean come on - no manager in the world can do anything about that :lol:

The manager is 100% responsible for the side he puts out.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 22 Dec 2013 13:07

Especially when he sets that side up to play in a way that doesn't suit them.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 22 Dec 2013 13:08

floyd__streete
MmmMonsterMunch Those goals though I mean come on - no manager in the world can do anything about that :lol:

He has 2 fit CB's - He cannot legislate for Pearce dropping such a clanger. Stop being such an ass. Shall we put Alfie at CB then?

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 22 Dec 2013 13:11

How many more times will we have one of these threads after a bit of booing?
I don't boo-like most of the people around me I moan, not boo.
I don't agree that it has a massive effect on our players-in their line of work they know that one day rather than applause and cheering they will occasionally get a bit of booing and if they are that sensitive they are in the wrong job.

Oh and Reading fans are no better nor no worse than any fans so those of you that felt embarrassed or whatever yesterday perhaps you might question whether you are following the right sport-booing happens, get over it.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 22 Dec 2013 13:14

MmmMonsterMunch
floyd__streete

He has 2 fit CB's - He cannot legislate for Pearce dropping such a clanger. Stop being such an ass. Shall we put Alfie at CB then?

Just out of interest do you think it was a good idea to start the season with just 3 centre-backs but 3 right-backs and just one left-back?
Poor planning IMHO leaving us with having to play the previously vastly over-rated Pearce every week plus a ridiculously wrong-footed left-back.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 22 Dec 2013 13:18

I think it was Doncaster at home where Adkins bemoaned the defending for their goal and said we needed to work on it.
Look at the first goal from yesterday: at 25 minute mark.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... 1_12_2013/

It's similar to the type of goal he said he would fix two months ago.
You've got two players sliding in on the crosser. Why two? One is sufficient surely.
Surprise, surprise, nobody is marking the fella on the edge of the box, Instead you've got 3 players stood on the 6 yard line doing oxf*rd all.

It's the same type of defending we see constantly. The defence always goes for glory and looks to clear the ball off the line. Just oxf*rd mark their players.
Pause the clip at 25:13 and tell me again that nothing could have been done to prevent the goal.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 22 Dec 2013 13:22

Oh come on Victor - there are all sorts of reasons why the team is disjointed. I don't really think Adkins has had much say in terms of transfers so far except the 3 loan deals.

Does anyone really believe Williams & Drenthe are Adkins signings?

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 22 Dec 2013 13:27

P!ssed Off

I think it was Doncaster at home where Adkins bemoaned the defending for their goal and said we needed to work on it.
Look at the first goal from yesterday: at 25 minute mark.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... 1_12_2013/

It's similar to the type of goal he said he would fix two months ago.
You've got two players sliding in on the crosser. Why two? One is sufficient surely.
Surprise, surprise, nobody is marking the fella on the edge of the box, Instead you've got 3 players stood on the 6 yard line doing oxf*rd all.

It's the same type of defending we see constantly. The defence always goes for glory and looks to clear the ball off the line. Just oxf*rd mark their players.
Pause the clip at 25:13 and tell me again that nothing could have been done to prevent the goal.

How do you know these things haven't been worked on in training though? The point I'm making is yes the manager influences, but come match day, sometimes players do stupid things - things they've been instructed NOT to do.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 22 Dec 2013 13:27

MmmMonsterMunch
floyd__streete

He cannot legislate for Pearce dropping such a clanger.

Of course he can. Do you think Pearce was comfortable or wanted to perform such a risky maneuver.
No, he almost certainly would have wanted to head that clear, without hesitation.
He's either been told that he should attempt to bring balls down out of the sky with his toe, whilst an opposition player is mere metres away, or, like most of the other players, he doesn't know what he is supposed to be doing.

boycey

by boycey » 22 Dec 2013 13:31

paultheroyal
MmmMonsterMunch This is how to support your team. Fair play to all those Cardiff fans. We're a complete embarrassment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9j8dZT5B ... e=youtu.be

Good stuff

Sit down!
Imagine trying to drink from your thermos and listen to radio berks amongst all that din.

Boooooooo

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 22 Dec 2013 13:35

MmmMonsterMunch It's almost a self-fulfilling prophecy though. The players are nervous so make more mistakes, play worse, the fans get on their back more & so it goes on.

It's appalling.

FFS! You've now given them the sodding words! They wouldn't have been bright enough to have come up with that themselves!

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 22 Dec 2013 13:37

MmmMonsterMunch This is how to support your team. Fair play to all those Cardiff fans. We're a complete embarrassment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9j8dZT5B ... e=youtu.be

Yeah, yeah, yeah. "Our fans are rubbish", "embarrassment", "what will the opposition fans think of us?" and all that shit.

Doubt the Cardiff fans give a f[u]ck what you think of their support whether you're positive or negative about them so why the do we care so much about what people think of us?

Didn't boo them but I can understand, watching that dross, why people would.
Last edited by sandman on 22 Dec 2013 13:43, edited 1 time in total.

139 posts