To all the boo boys:

139 posts
St. Brynjar
Hob Nob Regular

To all the boo boys:

by St. Brynjar » 21 Dec 2013 18:51

Grow up. Don't just boo everything. If we are keeping the ball and no one is showing, don't have a fit. If we need some time to play it around the back for opportunities to present themselves, that's fine. People screaming 'FORWARD FORWARD FORWARD' don't help, particularly when you boo when the players do hoof it forward and lose it. Yes, you need to go forward to score a goal but you also need to have the ball. Have some fucking patience. Yes you pay money to go see these players but if you want to see them succeed then be supportive. And for the love of god stop chanting Alf's name when he isn't on the pitch, particularly when Pog is playing great. He's a crap footballer and it does nothing for the confidence and morale of the other strikers, one of whom we're trying to convince to stay permanently. And don't blame Adkins for everything, if he is eventually sacked I bet the majority of the booers will slate Anton for being too ruthless.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: To all the boo boys:

by paultheroyal » 21 Dec 2013 18:52

What was worse than the booing today was those idiotic swinging Adam Le Fondre chant after penalty miss.

That was oxf*rd embarrassing.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 21 Dec 2013 18:52

Spot on

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 21 Dec 2013 18:54

St. Brynjar And don't blame Adkins for everything, if he is eventually sacked

... some of us on this forum will be proved right.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 21 Dec 2013 18:54

Can I just add.

It's not the bloody Pantomime.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 21 Dec 2013 19:03

18,000 home fans there today? I think to be honest the level of support the club is maintaining is one of the few positive things about the club at the moment, admittedly that isn't saying much.

You self-loathing weirdos, direct your angst at the absent ownership of the club :!:

southstand67

by southstand67 » 21 Dec 2013 19:07

Booing doesn't help at all does it? Especially at half time- what was that all about?? Says something about our support that more effort is put into booing rather than supporting them .

The booing of Adam Federici last season didn't help with his confidence either and I suspect Billy Sharp's will be low after the missed penalty and the chant for alf....

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 21 Dec 2013 19:10

LoyalRoyalFan

...Yep, like I was last time when the guy you all wanted sacked beat us to promotion and ended up managing the best team in the country whereas we moved nowhere in the next 4 years.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 21 Dec 2013 19:15

Royalee
LoyalRoyalFan

...Yep, like I was last time when the guy you all wanted sacked beat us to promotion and ended up managing the best team in the country whereas we moved nowhere in the next 4 years.

I didn't want Rodgers to be sacked.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 21 Dec 2013 19:17

paultheroyal What was worse than the booing today was those idiotic swinging Adam Le Fondre chant after penalty miss.

That was oxf*rd embarrassing.

Yep. I don't resent those who boo after a poor half of football but this^ really was disgraceful, especially when you consider he did fcuk all after coming on.

frimmers3
Hob Nob Addict

by frimmers3 » 21 Dec 2013 19:18

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKz5kpqctV0

did they play this song today?

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 21 Dec 2013 19:24

St. Brynjar Grow up. Don't just boo everything. If we are keeping the ball and no one is showing, don't have a fit. If we need some time to play it around the back for opportunities to present themselves, that's fine. People screaming 'FORWARD FORWARD FORWARD' don't help, particularly when you boo when the players do hoof it forward and lose it. Yes, you need to go forward to score a goal but you also need to have the ball. Have some fucking patience. Yes you pay money to go see these players but if you want to see them succeed then be supportive. And for the love of god stop chanting Alf's name when he isn't on the pitch, particularly when Pog is playing great. He's a crap footballer and it does nothing for the confidence and morale of the other strikers, one of whom we're trying to convince to stay permanently. And don't blame Adkins for everything, if he is eventually sacked I bet the majority of the booers will slate Anton for being too ruthless.

Good to see there's some people with sense on here ... agree that I felt surrounded by morons today; including the old fart behind me who had the cheek to have a go at the Pog .... idiot.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 21 Dec 2013 19:25

Today I came the closest I have ever come to chinning someone at a football match. I had an absolute moron sat near to me in Y21 who was Mr Negative personified. Couldn't wait to moan about anything and everything the management, team and individual players did. Booing and shouting abuse at them all the time. Given that he seemed to think that it was perfectly acceptable for a player to jump through another in order to win the ball and defended the ref for not penalising the offenders, I can only assume that this caveman came from the era when football was played by real men and having your career destroyed by that sort of physical approach was perfectly acceptable (and yes, I can see the irony in me wanting to chin him!).

At half-time I made a point of cheering as loud as I could, because I knew this pratt and others like him would be booing, even though the team had shown positive signs of turning things around in the final 20 minutes or so of that half.

And I completely agree with what has been said about the complete and utter merchant bankers who started chanting for ALF when Sharp missed the penalty (anyone else spot how the ref allowed the cheating Wigan player to do a bit of gardening on the penalty spot as he stood if front of Sharp when he was waiting to take the kick? - should have been booked for unsporting conduct)

Colin Cheeselog

by Colin Cheeselog » 21 Dec 2013 20:21

I think the key factor that we can take away from today is the confirmation that a relatively high percentage of Reading fans are fúcking thick cúnts.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 21 Dec 2013 20:21

I can trump the comments so far on this thread. After the pen miss in Y25 some of our fans were chanting "That was embarrassing".

No - you're embarrassing. Kindly fcuk off. Great way to convince Sharp to stay. :roll: I was ashamed to be a Reading fan today. Absolutely horrendous. Who the fcuk do we think we are? Seriously get a grip & support the team.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 21 Dec 2013 20:25

Tweet of the day goes to one of our academy lads

tom mcintyre ‏@Tom5Mc 5h
Hate when reading fans boo when we pass the ball #haventgotascooby

Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

by Cureton's Volley » 21 Dec 2013 20:31

Cureton's Volley Hate when the Reading players pass the ball to an opponent on the edge of our own box #haventgotascooby

dizzynewheights
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Waitin at a red light, Kentucky Fried Chicken in, Low End Theory tape in, bass crazy kicking in

by dizzynewheights » 21 Dec 2013 21:06

The whinging boo boys weren't here ten years ago so their opinion means nothing

"I've paid my money and I'm not being entertained enough"

Jog on, you don't get it and all this isn't for you

JordCot

by JordCot » 21 Dec 2013 21:07

First game back from Uni and I was sat next to this absolute pcunt who was screaming at McAnuff every loose pass, missed tackle, every time he lost a oxf*rd header (Not all that much you can do when the defender has the height and leap on you) he was even badmouthing him when the ball was the other side of the pitch saying he isn't tight to his man, the RB (that's not how defending works) and when McAnuff did something good which was fairly frequently as he had a decent enough game it was greeted with a sarcastic 'about time'. Hard to enjoy a game when you are losing but this oxf*rd would had ruined it even if we had won.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 21 Dec 2013 21:49

This is how to support your team. Fair play to all those Cardiff fans. We're a complete embarrassment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9j8dZT5B ... e=youtu.be

139 posts