Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: BFTG - Bristol City

by Royal Rother » 22 Apr 2019 09:15

Sorry but :lol: :lol: :lol:

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 22 Apr 2019 09:45

Yeah, unfortunately it's a 46 game season and we were beyond awful for the first 26 of them.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 22 Apr 2019 11:00

The loan signings have probably pushed to being an upper middle table team tbf.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 22 Apr 2019 12:19

Yep, would broadly agree - certainly the way the side has played since Gomes has got settled and the loanees came in - we’re a lower top ten side as the form book shows

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Apr 2019 14:12

I thought Norwich and Bristol highlighted how far off the top 10 we remain.

Our entire game plan was to shut up shop, soak pressure and hope to sneak something on the break.

I expect genuine top 10 quality sides to go out and take the game to the opposition on a roughly even footing rather than having to play backs to the wall (And getting very creditable points with quality battling performances).

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 22 Apr 2019 19:12

Snowflake Royal I thought Norwich and Bristol highlighted how far off the top 10 we remain.

Our entire game plan was to shut up shop, soak pressure and hope to sneak something on the break.

I expect genuine top 10 quality sides to go out and take the game to the opposition on a roughly even footing rather than having to play backs to the wall (And getting very creditable points with quality battling performances).

That ignores the fact that we still needed points to stay up.
No one is suggesting we are currently IN. The top 10, and it utterly changesthe discussion that we still needed the points.
Our record over the last dozen games puts us in the top 10 sides over that period.
It’s amusing to see how desperately the anti Gomes crew try to find ways to dismiss his achievements.....

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Apr 2019 19:29

Nameless
Snowflake Royal I thought Norwich and Bristol highlighted how far off the top 10 we remain.

No one is suggesting we are currently IN. The top 10, and it utterly changesthe discussion that we still needed the points.
Our record over the last dozen games puts us in the top 10 sides over that period.
It’s amusing to see how desperately the anti Gomes crew try to find ways to dismiss his achievements.....

You've got a serious hard on for me being anti-Gomes haven't you.

FYI - I'm not. I was highly skeptical to start with, and took some convincing, but by this point I'm nothing like anti. Just because I happen to have a different opinion to you on how good we are, doesn't mean I hate Gomes and think he's shit.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 22 Apr 2019 20:23

Snowflake Royal
Nameless

You've got a serious hard on for me being anti-Gomes haven't you.

FYI - I'm not. I was highly skeptical to start with, and took some convincing, but by this point I'm nothing like anti. Just because I happen to have a different opinion to you on how good we are, doesn't mean I hate Gomes and think he's shit.

You hate anyone disagreeing with you !
Your post was stupid, not a different opinion. Only a complete idiot would expect a team fighting to stay up to approach a game as if they were in the top 10.
Only an idiot would ignore our standing in the form tables just because they refuse to acknowledge that our manager has done a good job.
I’m not saying you are an idiot, you’re capable of proving that yourself....

Happy Easter !

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Apr 2019 21:03

:lol: Oh dear.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 22 Apr 2019 21:04

Snowflake Royal :lol: Oh dear.

Quite.