End of season contracts

Delboy

End of season contracts

by Delboy » 22 Apr 2019 20:45

I know this has been in before but can not find it , who is out of contract at end of season?

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

Re: End of season contracts

by The Royal Forester » 22 Apr 2019 21:07

I believe that both McShane and O'Shea are out of contract at the end of this season. There must be more but I don't know who.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 22 Apr 2019 21:10

Jakkola and Gravenberch both sweating on getting new deals.....

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 22 Apr 2019 21:14

Harriott is out of contract.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Apr 2019 21:23

Well Harriott's worth a deal.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 22 Apr 2019 21:27

Some sources say Blackett is too.

I think he's worth hanging on to unless he's on stupid money.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 22 Apr 2019 21:28

Is McCleary out of contract this summer or next? Liked the guy as a professional, great attitude and done some great work for us during his time but can't help but feel he's lost a few steps now,. He doesn't look like he's going to beat a man but still has a decent delivery and pass on him. I think he might be one of those that moves into center mid or off the striker for a league one team before too long. Think two years worth of injuries have done him in.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 22 Apr 2019 21:32

Perhaps the question to ask is which players does the club wish to offload.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 22 Apr 2019 21:36

Lower West Perhaps the question to ask is which players does the club wish to offload.

Those currently out on loan
Those out of contract
Those not currently making the starting 11 but in the top 10 wage earners
One who would earn a substantial fee
Those aged 21/22 not in contention for the match day 18
Those we have identified a replacement for of equal/better quality on lower wages
Last edited by Nameless on 22 Apr 2019 21:37, edited 1 time in total.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 22 Apr 2019 21:36

Snowflake Royal Well Harriott's worth a deal.

Not getting much game time though. Perhaps if McCleary goes could can step up for next season. Seems to be favoured ahead of Kelly. Who does appear to have burnt his bridge totally.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 22 Apr 2019 21:38

Nameless Those aged 21/22 not in contention for the match day 18

That could be a few of them. As matters stand we have a depleted squad.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 22 Apr 2019 21:39

FiNeRaIn Is McCleary out of contract this summer or next? Liked the guy as a professional, great attitude and done some great work for us during his time but can't help but feel he's lost a few steps now,. He doesn't look like he's going to beat a man but still has a decent delivery and pass on him. I think he might be one of those that moves into center mid or off the striker for a league one team before too long. Think two years worth of injuries have done him in.

One more year on his deal

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 22 Apr 2019 21:49

Harriott May get another deal. The others ooc May as well pack their bags now

Reckon McCleary and Gunter have kept themselves at the club for their final year as a result of recent performances

The club definitely needs to trim down the playing staff though. They’d be more than happy to sell the 5 who were booted out by Gomes + Kelly, Baldock, Walker and potentially Bod. Novakovich is an odd one - he may well be cashed in on

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 22 Apr 2019 21:54

Hound Harriott May get another deal. The others ooc May as well pack their bags now

Reckon McCleary and Gunter have kept themselves at the club for their final year as a result of recent performances

The club definitely needs to trim down the playing staff though. They’d be more than happy to sell the 5 who were booted out by Gomes + Kelly, Baldock, Walker and potentially Bod. Novakovich is an odd one - he may well be cashed in on

Agree with this apart from Novakovich who surely has done enough to warrant a chance next season. Get rid of the players you have mentioned and those out on loan and not renew the likes of McShane and O’Shea and the squad will have been reduced to a realistic number. If Bod stays then Loader needs a League one loan.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 22 Apr 2019 21:57

Not sure L1 is the place for Loader. He definitely needs to toughen up and get his confidence. He manages to come out of every 50/50 without the ball currently. Think L1 might ruin him. Would send him to the Dutch league personally

I’d like to see Nova given a go myself. Just not sure he’ll want to come back. Last year of contract as well. Depends largely on Oliveira I suppose

Ranty McRantface

by Ranty McRantface » 22 Apr 2019 22:30

Out of contract or not the club need to offload a lot of players and it has been alluded to before that they will offer players out for free as well. Lowering the wage bill is definitely our top priority. I think we will see the below leave or be offered out for nothing to trim the wage bill.

Aluko
O'Shea
McShane
Gunter
Gravenberch
Watson
Sam Smith
Harriot
McCleary
Mannone
Walker
Swift (if there is a big transfer fee)
Novakovich (I hope we stays but I think the club will sell if there is a big transfer fee)
Bodvardsson
Baldock
Ward
Barrett
Popa
Kelly
House
Van Den Berg

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Apr 2019 22:38

Hound Not sure L1 is the place for Loader. He definitely needs to toughen up and get his confidence. He manages to come out of every 50/50 without the ball currently. Think L1 might ruin him. Would send him to the Dutch league personally

I’d like to see Nova given a go myself. Just not sure he’ll want to come back. Last year of contract as well. Depends largely on Oliveira I suppose

Dutch loan is a good shout for Loader, because it's just not happening here and agree he might just get bullied into going backwards in L1.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 22 Apr 2019 22:39

Senior players of contract in the summer of 2019

Gravenberch
    Harriott
    Jaakkola
    McShane
    O’Shea
    Van den Berg

Reckon Harriott should be offered a new deal and O’Shea should move into the coaching side. Expect the rest to be released.

For the record the following senior players have contracts up in the summer of 2020

Blackett
    Bodvarsson
    Gunter
    Kelly
    Loader
    Mannone
    McCleary
    Meyler
    Obita
    Popa

Confused over Popa who I thought was up this year and Blackett who the Tilehurst End OS has detailed as both 2019 in one article and 2020 in another (see link below for main list).

https://thetilehurstend.sbnation.com/20 ... ract-dates

At the end of the day all players in contract are available to move at the right price. The most sellable assets are still Moore and Swift but they are on long deals. Rinomhota has to be the most youngster at most risk of being sold but in all cases it would be serious wedge if they left.

Really hoping Novakovich gets a chance with Reading next season with Loader getting a decent loan spell in div. 3/4

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 23 Apr 2019 01:10

Don’t think Gomes rates Harriott so I see him leaving, glad we gave him the chance to regain his squad role but just isn’t the same anymore. Can see Bodvarsson, Kelly, Baldilocks all being forced out though. McShane is worth keeping around imo, but if he does leave we need a defender in his prime to replace him otherwise the defence is a bit too young and inexperienced for my liking.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 23 Apr 2019 07:11

TiagoIlori Don’t think Gomes rates Harriott so I see him leaving, glad we gave him the chance to regain his squad role but just isn’t the same anymore. Can see Bodvarsson, Kelly, Baldilocks all being forced out though. McShane is worth keeping around imo, but if he does leave we need a defender in his prime to replace him otherwise the defence is a bit too young and inexperienced for my liking.

What role is McShane worth keeping for ?he is a nice bloke, does a lot of great community work but his days as a championship centre back are behind him. There will be plenty of seasoned pros available if we want some experience in the squad and I would agree we need a reliable partner for Moore while we bring the young players through gradually, but McShane is not the answer.