Pauno out

3542 posts
morganb
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Pauno out

by morganb » 09 Jan 2022 10:42

https://the72.co.uk/259556/exclusive-re ... placement/

Former Reading centre-back Ibrahima Sonko is in talks with the Royals over a potential managerial position at the club, The72 can exclusively reveal.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 09 Jan 2022 10:46

morganb https://the72.co.uk/259556/exclusive-reading-in-discussions-with-ibrahima-sonko-as-potential-veljko-paunovic-replacement/

Former Reading centre-back Ibrahima Sonko is in talks with the Royals over a potential managerial position at the club, The72 can exclusively reveal.

I am guessing this will be the Academy vacancy. Can’t see it being for the first team role should Pauno be sacked.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 09 Jan 2022 11:51

Snowflake Royal
Hound
Sutekh Brian as manager, Jobi as assistant.

Might not be enough to stay up this year but at least you would have some confidence that the rebuild would give a team that had heart and spirit and one that could play for 90 minutes - certainly there’s no way a Brian team would have been so utterly pathetic as yesterday.

No - living in the past. Brian hasn’t managed since he left us and Jobi would just be an emotional appointment

Someone like Alex Neill. Knows and has succeeded in the division. Doesn’t take any shit. Not old.

Reckon Neil is too good for us.

Genuinely, why would anyone with a decent record at this level come to a club with half it's senior squad injured, a points deduction, a further suspended points deduction, a transfer embargo and a hard wage cap, sliding towards relegation?

We can't entice with money. We could be in L1 next season, no room to freshen up the squad and we don't even have a single senior fullback available.

He got sacked by pne, and is used to working with no money and being bottom of the table won’t phase him. So not sure he’s too good for us

Reckon we’d pay him more than he was on. We’ll have 2 senior full backs available in a months time

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Jan 2022 11:55

Hound
Snowflake Royal
Hound
No - living in the past. Brian hasn’t managed since he left us and Jobi would just be an emotional appointment

Someone like Alex Neill. Knows and has succeeded in the division. Doesn’t take any shit. Not old.

Reckon Neil is too good for us.

Genuinely, why would anyone with a decent record at this level come to a club with half it's senior squad injured, a points deduction, a further suspended points deduction, a transfer embargo and a hard wage cap, sliding towards relegation?

We can't entice with money. We could be in L1 next season, no room to freshen up the squad and we don't even have a single senior fullback available.

He got sacked by pne, and is used to working with no money and being bottom of the table won’t phase him. So not sure he’s too good for us

Reckon we’d pay him more than he was on. We’ll have 2 senior full backs available in a months time

With our and Yiadom's fitness record?

Woo. 2 fullbacks in another 3 or 4 games time. What a cornacopia of options.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 09 Jan 2022 12:09

Snowflake Royal
Hound
Snowflake Royal Reckon Neil is too good for us.

With our and Yiadom's fitness record?

Woo. 2 fullbacks in another 3 or 4 games time. What a cornacopia of options.

Didn’t say we had loads of options but you were banging on about no senior full backs. Which should change in about 4 games time

I think Yiadom/Tetek/Ashcroft/Holmes is fine

Baba/Bristow/McIntyre not ideal but ok

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 09 Jan 2022 12:22

Zip
morganb https://the72.co.uk/259556/exclusive-reading-in-discussions-with-ibrahima-sonko-as-potential-veljko-paunovic-replacement/

I am guessing this will be the Academy vacancy. Can’t see it being for the first team role should Pauno be sacked.

Yeh didn't someone say a club legend was due to fill that role?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 09 Jan 2022 12:28

Pepe the Horseman
Zip

Yeh didn't someone say a club legend was due to fill that role?

Yep and Sonko would be a fair replacement. I doubt very much this relates to the first team managerial position.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 09 Jan 2022 13:10

The Green Programme I think we need a reality check.

We have a mass of injuries.

If our squad was at full strength, we’d be competing for the play offs even with a six point deduction.

Pauno has done very well on the whole with a devastated squad and no money.

He has brought in and developed youngsters and has without doubt motivated the likes of Drinkwater and Carroll and Rahman and Dann and Halilovic, all of whom have shown real commitment and definitely more commitment than many previous loans and free transfers.

I thought that West Brom away was going to be a tough one; possibly a heavy defeat; they are a strong, aggressive, team that are highly motivated.

They are one of the best three teams in the league.

We had our best creative players missing and our two top strikers missing all season; our two best defensive midfielders missing; our first choice right back missing etc..,

We could’ve nicked a point. We lost to a single goal and had two very good chances to equalise and didn’t take them.

Let’s get a grip….

Hughton et al, reallly???

I literally feel physically sick at the thought of the dreariness of it all; reminds of Gourlay/Clement…. And that really was a dreadful, dreadful period of our history which haunts us today…

Finally some sense!

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Jan 2022 13:27

Shame its nonsense.

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 09 Jan 2022 13:35

Brogue Not till I’ve got to 100 pages please.

Now I am in out NOW group.

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 09 Jan 2022 13:36

Different owners may well have sacked Pauno by now.

In the Chinese culture, you spend your entire life trying to build your social prestige and reputation, while also trying to avoid causing anyone else to lose theirs.

Pauno was given a two year contract they may well be honoring it.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 09 Jan 2022 13:43

They sacked Stam, Gomes and clement whilst under contract

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Jan 2022 13:53

Hound They sacked Stam, Gomes and clement whilst under contract

Yeah, what rot. :lol:

They didn't even have the decency to sack Bowen.

Mind you, was it stranded's theory that they sacked anyone the minute they lost faith that person could win promotion?

Pauno's sacking very very overdue if that was true.

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 09 Jan 2022 14:34

Ironically, Bowen was the only one of those who shouldn’t have been sacked when he was. Not saying it was the right appointment in the first place, but he did a decent job & I very much doubt we’d be this far down the table if he was in charge.

Stam should’ve been sacked earlier, Pauno should go now.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 09 Jan 2022 14:35

Notts Royal Ironically, Bowen was the only one of those who shouldn’t have been sacked when he was. Not saying it was the right appointment in the first place, but he did a decent job & I very much doubt we’d be this far down the table if he was in charge.

Stam should’ve been sacked earlier, Pauno should go now.

Equally, if Bowen had accepted Dai's DoF offer I think we'd also be in a better position

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 09 Jan 2022 14:50

Tbf there was a lot of anti Bowen sentiment on here, but I think he had a clear plan and I for one was annoyed when he got the boot. Looks a big mistake now

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 09 Jan 2022 15:09

Hound Tbf there was a lot of anti Bowen sentiment on here, but I think he had a clear plan and I for one was annoyed when he got the boot. Looks a big mistake now

He wasn’t scared to drop big characters. It’s clear he wanted Moore out and had that happened it would have saved the club a lot of money. I get the impression Pauno wouldn’t have the balls to drop him.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 09 Jan 2022 15:13

Zip
Hound Tbf there was a lot of anti Bowen sentiment on here, but I think he had a clear plan and I for one was annoyed when he got the boot. Looks a big mistake now

He wasn’t scared to drop big characters. It’s clear he wanted Moore out and had that happened it would have saved the club a lot of money. I get the impression Pauno wouldn’t have the balls to drop him.

And brought in arguably our best signing of the last 3 years or so. Right idea - young hungry lower league players

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Jan 2022 15:22

Oh how we could do with some of his desire to make playing against us unpleasant.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 09 Jan 2022 15:31

Snowflake Royal

Oh how we could do with some of his desire to make playing against us unpleasant.

Yes though tbf by the end of that seaosn we’d become soft again

3542 posts