Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: BFTG QPR (a)

by Simmops » 30 Jan 2022 10:40

The Green Programme
Brogue
windermereROYAL
What club would that be?

Woodley hammers

I remember the first time I ever played against Woodley Hammers.

I was 12 and played on the left of a four man midfield for Mapledurham, alongside Neil Webb. We had a great team for a season or two.

Fond memories; I scored 2 and we drew 4-4.

Back to the present day….

After yesterday’s debacle; I am reminded of that awful decline in our last season at Elm Park, after we beat Birmingham in January at home, and only managed two more wins all season.

It was a shocking, painful slow death.

But the new stadium and SJMs vision gave us all something to look forward and dream of and we fulfilled our dreams.

Will we look back at 2000 to 2017 as the golden era of the Club?
New stadium, League one play off final, promotion to the Championship, play off semi finalists, 2 Championships, including an all time record breaking season, 2 Play off finals, 8th in the premier league, missed an FA Cup Final by the finest of margins against the then mighty Arsenal, 2 penalty kicks away from a third return to the premier league?

Are we going back to the place we inhabited for the majority of our existence as a Club?

Or can we survive this season in the Championship and rebuild in the summer?

Remember playing against them in Sunday league for Wokingham. Scored 6 in one game and then 6 in the next. Awful team.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 30 Jan 2022 11:15

Pepe the Horseman
Brogue Everyone turn up at bearwood and have a sit down protest in front of the gates so no one can get in

In. Do they train Wednesdays? Got a load of deliveries on Monday, and busy day at work on Tuesday.

If you have influence with delivery drivers how about arranging for a lorry load of manure to be dumped at the entrance or better still around the centre spot at the Mad Stad because it sums up what the fans are used to watching-I'm sure you could get enough donations just from those on here to cover the cost.

The publicity would be great (tell BBC and ITV and Sky just beforehand and before it can be cleared) and it just might embarrass the players enough to want to show that they are not as bad as the deposit implies.

Pants Day did have an impact so this could do the same where words have so far had no impact at all other than Pauno declaring that he is not a clown.

OLLIE KEARNS

by OLLIE KEARNS » 30 Jan 2022 11:50

Zip When I was watching Cheltenham Town players bust a gut today
it really hit home. Their players won’t be on a fraction most of our lot are on but they worked their hearts out to close down and press the opposition.
Then I see the highlights of today’s latest capitulation with opposition players in acres of space, free headers, players losing 50/50 challenges.

It’s not just Pauno. The players should be embarrassed by their fitness levels, their lack of organisation, their basic errors, inability to mark or track players.
Sick of them.

QPR - Highly organised, high energy four man press. Us, no evidence of any organisation or desire. For two of the goals Josh Laurent ambles the first 5 yards of his recovery run, QPR players get the wrong side of him and they score. Could be partly due to Pauno as our midfield players change position of every 5 minutes but that comes down to the player on the pitch at the end of the day. Same for Tom Holmes. Centre forward runs off the back of him and into space in front of him resulting in two goals. Is Pauno asking us to defend zonally in open play as well as set pieces ? Or is Tom Holmes out of his depth ?
Most of the players and the manager know they won’t be here next year. We can only hope we can finish above three teams and then have a complete re-set next year.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 30 Jan 2022 12:03

it really hit home. Their players won’t be on a fraction most of our lot are on but they worked their hearts out to close down and press the opposition.
Then I see the highlights of today’s latest capitulation with opposition players in acres of space, free headers, players losing 50/50 challenges.

It’s not just Pauno. The players should be embarrassed by their fitness levels, their lack of organisation, their basic errors, inability to mark or track players.
Sick of them.

Whilst I agree with the sentiment, they’re only human - regardless of how much they get paid.

Imagine being in a work environment where everything you do is hampered by incompetent management, you can’t work in the positions you should be working in, or not allowed to work how you work best or should be working. When there is no direction, confusion and a lack of plan from management, you end up going through the motions, especially when the environment is toxic, morale is non-existent everyone wants to leave and you know you’re probably going to leave in a few months. Yes professional pride should kick in a bit, but let’s be realistic, who could excel in this environment?

The management takes all the blame for me, or at least 90% of it. As for fitness, if you’re getting flogged everyday and working at an incredibly and unnecessarily high intensity during the week without adequate rest, are you really going to have the fitness and stamina and to perform well and sustain that in a game? God no. When factoring in all the above you’re going to fade and then probably get injured too. The guys are getting run ragged with no idea what they’re supposed to be doing because the guy that’s telling them to do it, has no idea either.

It’s a shambles and it will see us relegated unless we make a change.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 30 Jan 2022 12:20

CountryRoyal

Sick of them.

Whilst I agree with the sentiment, they’re only human - regardless of how much they get paid.

Imagine being in a work environment where everything you do is hampered by incompetent management, you can’t work in the positions you should be working in, or not allowed to work how you work best or should be working. When there is no direction, confusion and a lack of plan from management, you end up going through the motions, especially when the environment is toxic, morale is non-existent everyone wants to leave and you know you’re probably going to leave in a few months. Yes professional pride should kick in a bit, but let’s be realistic, who could excel in this environment?

The management takes all the blame for me, or at least 90% of it. As for fitness, if you’re getting flogged everyday and working at an incredibly and unnecessarily high intensity during the week without adequate rest, are you really going to have the fitness and stamina and to perform well and sustain that in a game? God no. When factoring in all the above you’re going to fade and then probably get injured too. The guys are getting run ragged with no idea what they’re supposed to be doing because the guy that’s telling them to do it, has no idea either.

I agree with all of that.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 30 Jan 2022 12:57

Be interesting when he finally does piss off to see if the theories on over training are correct. Certainly something wrong fitness wise and has been all season

Find it very revealing that Andy Carroll came in, and after doing his own thing for 6 months looked fitter than the rest of them

Also, zonal marking seems to have become code for shit marking. Holmes uselessness yesterday had zero to do with zonal marking. Just very poor man marking

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 30 Jan 2022 13:04

I would be interested to know how many headers from crosses we have conceded since Derby`s second? both goals against boro and 3 yesterday, Holmes is clearly not up to it, and stuff your f*cking zonal marking.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 30 Jan 2022 13:24

Not sure how many times people can blame zonal marking - isn’t my preference but it isn’t like we’re defending normal crosses where we’re supposed to be man to man marking very well anyway

The fourth goal was awful defending (they all were really) but it struck me how easily QPR transitioned from GK to ST for their first goal. Two passes and a cross later and we’re 1-0 down, from back to front. You question the involvement of Holmes and Laurent especially there but from a wider angle, it’s just so easy to get through at us, no pressure anywhere

Third goal also highlighting the impact having a player forward whilst defending a corner so that the ball doesn’t come straight back in when clearing it. Can’t get my head around why Paunovic has all 11 to stay back, it isn’t like we’re very good at defending them anyway

Drinkwater has been a big disappointment but fear he’s becoming another scapegoat, problems are at a much wider scope and taking him out the team isn’t likely to have much of an effect until the overall tactics (if we have any) are sorted out

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 30 Jan 2022 13:53

Royal Rother
CountryRoyal

Sick of them.

I agree with all of that.

Same here.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 30 Jan 2022 14:28

CR may well be right. It would explain why the team look so tired and are picking up so many injuries.

Royal & Ancient
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal & Ancient » 30 Jan 2022 14:32

Reading and listening to the terminal decline of a Club I have supported since 1947 I am currently watching Derby (losing to Brum). What is striking is that despite their parlous position the stadium is full. Surely the people ostensibly running OUR Club can recognise that the ‘product’ they are selling is no longer marketable or do they not care and,perhaps, have another agenda? Noticeable that they are ashamed to publish the attendance ( which was always skewed by the inclusion of gross season tickets)The Chinese are not noted for their philanthropy.
I was sorry to have to give up my S/T through illness some years ago but not now- I would have demanded a refund on ‘wrongful description of product ‘ grounds.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 30 Jan 2022 14:46

Watched the goals back. Honestly I've never seen a poorer defence ever.

We cant create chances, cannot score goals, cant keep clean sheets. Teams like that go down.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 30 Jan 2022 18:28

Royal & Ancient Reading and listening to the terminal decline of a Club I have supported since 1947 I am currently watching Derby (losing to Brum). What is striking is that despite their parlous position the stadium is full. Surely the people ostensibly running OUR Club can recognise that the ‘product’ they are selling is no longer marketable or do they not care and,perhaps, have another agenda? Noticeable that they are ashamed to publish the attendance ( which was always skewed by the inclusion of gross season tickets)The Chinese are not noted for their philanthropy.
I was sorry to have to give up my S/T through illness some years ago but not now- I would have demanded a refund on ‘wrongful description of product ‘ grounds.

I hope your health picks up/stays stable for many years, my good man.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 30 Jan 2022 21:06

Royal_jimmy Watched the goals back. Honestly I've never seen a poorer defence ever.

We cant create chances, cannot score goals, cant keep clean sheets. Teams like that go down.

Got to the point with our defending there is no point breaking them down into who made what mistake where

The whole set up is a disaster. The goals we’ve conceded this month are an absolute embarrassment to everyone involved in the management and coaching

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 30 Jan 2022 21:40

Hound
Royal_jimmy Watched the goals back. Honestly I've never seen a poorer defence ever.

Got to the point with our defending there is no point breaking them down into who made what mistake where

The whole set up is a disaster. The goals we’ve conceded this month are an absolute embarrassment to everyone involved in the management and coaching

Players as well have to take responsibility. Look at the difference between the yards QPR's attackers made up for their third goal compared to ours. Laboured from ourselves, desire from their perspective. Simply no comparison to be made there.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 31 Jan 2022 09:19

Difference between QPR (insert any other team) and Reading = they had a plan. It was simple. They had done the basics very well.

For everything rotten going on at the club, we dont even do the basics. Tracking your man has become something of legend these days. And when a player actually does he gets all the accolades of a hard worker.
Interchanging the base of your midfield is not a thing, it never has. I dont think i have ever seen a team playing a diamond change as often as that. Even some of the greatest teams with a great manager never dreamed of that. You never saw Makelele swapping with Figo and expect the same performance. However VP thought this was possible.
Defending corners with everyone behind the ball - thats not a thing either. VP got a masterclass in that on saturday. He must be looking in disbelief when there guy ran clear through from a clearance from a corner, he must be thinking that they were cheating or something.
Drinkwater should never be in starting 11 again, he certainly shouldn't be in a 4 man midfield with Swift.
This is very basic football. Yes the personal are not putting in the shift, but hook them off if they aren't doing there job show a bit of back bone.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 31 Jan 2022 11:17

I don't know why people are so upset about this result.

We played well in between the goals.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 31 Jan 2022 11:21

Millsy I don't know why people are so upset about this result.

We played well in between the goals.

And of course in between the 3 or 4 great saves Southwood made.

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 31 Jan 2022 12:00

Top day out. Good sing-song in Belushi's. Infiltrated the home boozer the White Horse early doors as that was the only pub in the Bush* open at 11am. Alolol at Weatherspoons checking match tickets. Brewdog was alright. Awful concourse in the away end. You forget how tight it is until you need a wee and pint at h/t. Dickens Tavern at Paddington always welcoming late on.

Oh, alololol at the football. Complete and utter shambles.

And that bald fella in the glass hospitality box. How is it that he can get away with all that goading and taunting :?: I complained (tongue in cheek style lol) to the stewards on numerous occasions. Dunno why. Probs cos the football was sh!te.

*Shepherds Bush is just carnage. People EVERYWHERE.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 31 Jan 2022 12:16

Zammo Top day out. Good sing-song in Belushi's.

Brings back memories of WC 2018. Good times.