You’re too small!

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: You’re too small!

by Franchise FC » 19 Sep 2023 13:54

Dirk Gently It just means they have to develop other skills to compensate.

Nicky Shorey was pretty small, but he had learned to jump and time his jump to perfection, so he was easily as good in the air as a lot of other taller players.

Compare and contract with Peter Crouch, who'd always had a height advantage and so never really had to learn to time his jump - if you look at him when he's going for headers where he has to jump, the way he jumps and his accuracy at getting the ball is pretty rubbish.

I’m not convinced that picking someone with the PL record for scoring headers is a good comparison

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 19 Sep 2023 14:26

skipper
CountryRoyal
skipper
I like you, so don't take this personally - As I mean it generally, but we need to stop saying things like "They said...."

If you believe something to be true, just share the link to where you found out the information. A podcast, a youtube, a tweet, a local paper article.

In this day and age, it isn't enough to simply say "they said so."

Show us!!

I saw it on that south of the river docu-series (Netflix) either episode 1 or 2 can’t 100% remember which.

Thanks man. That looks good, I'm going to watch!

Np, I didn’t finish it as it heavily features Rio Ferdinand and I find him pretty annoying. Maybe I’ll give it another go.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 24 Sep 2023 08:36

Dirk Gently It just means they have to develop other skills to compensate.

Nicky Shorey was pretty small, but he had learned to jump and time his jump to perfection, so he was easily as good in the air as a lot of other taller players.

Compare and contract with Peter Crouch, who'd always had a height advantage and so never really had to learn to time his jump - if you look at him when he's going for headers where he has to jump, the way he jumps and his accuracy at getting the ball is pretty rubbish.

Exactly.

I have a fast car for example.