The non snowball stat thread

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

Re: The non snowball stat thread

by Clyde1998 » 04 May 2024 23:48

WestYorksRoyal Got me thinking, we must have played some of them in the 4th tier too. How long would that list be?

Four clubs by the looks of it: Portsmouth; Swansea; Watford; Wigan.

In addition, we played Portsmouth; Swansea and Watford in the Southern League before joining the league. Swansea and Watford are the only sides we've played in all four levels of the league; the FA Cup; the League Cup and the League Trophy (we haven't played Portsmouth in the Trophy).

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 05 May 2024 06:55

Clyde1998
WestYorksRoyal Got me thinking, we must have played some of them in the 4th tier too. How long would that list be?

In addition, we played Portsmouth; Swansea and Watford in the Southern League before joining the league. Swansea and Watford are the only sides we've played in all four levels of the league; the FA Cup; the League Cup and the League Trophy (we haven't played Portsmouth in the Trophy).

Seen Reading v Portsmouth in all 4 divisions. 8)

Think the only other possibles in all 4 divisions would be Palace, Coventry and Notts County but the timing was never quite right.

Ark Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Ark Royal » 05 May 2024 12:16

Franchise FC
WestYorksRoyal Birmingham City's relegation got my thinking, they can be added to the list of teams I've seen us play in the top 3 tiers. Having followed the club closely since 99/00 or so, the list currently includes Wigan, Bolton, Charlton, Stoke, Portsmouth, Derby and Swansea to my memory.

Got me thinking, we must have played some of them in the 4th tier too. How long would that list be? And has anyone on here seen us play the same club in 4 tiers?

Fulham and Wigan for me

Pompey.

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 05 May 2024 16:58

Clyde1998

Could make a nice pre-season tournament, that.

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 05 May 2024 17:09

rabidbee
Clyde1998

Could make a nice pre-season tournament, that.

I've always thought the early rounds of cup competitions should be during pre-season, especially the EFL Trophy. No-one's too bothered about the early rounds anyway and would allow them to be played on a Saturday.

Would allow for something like that to happen if you had a League Cup group stage, such as the one in Scotland.