City Flying as Royals are Diving

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 17 Sep 2007 16:54

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe Where's Stryker?

I think he became West Stand Flash. I could be wrong.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 17 Sep 2007 16:56

Hampshire Royal Yes, we are in a bit of trouble at the moment, but we still have 40 games of the season to play. We still have the team spirit, and we have a good youth system which is beginning to bear real fruit. I believe (hope) that this is what will keep us up this year. If, however, the worst happens and we do go down, then we will be in a good position to seriously rebuild next season and make another sewrious challenge for promotion.

Think what you like about him, but Madejski is an excellent businessman. He is running the club in the correct way.

I for one agree. Except we don't have 40 games left.... :wink:

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 17 Sep 2007 16:57

SpaceCruiser
Smoking Kills Dancing Doe Where's Stryker?

I think he became West Stand Flash. I could be wrong.

Formerly Flashsod IIRC. :roll:

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 17 Sep 2007 16:59

Royal Rother
Hampshire Royal Yes, we are in a bit of trouble at the moment, but we still have 40 games of the season to play. We still have the team spirit, and we have a good youth system which is beginning to bear real fruit. I believe (hope) that this is what will keep us up this year. If, however, the worst happens and we do go down, then we will be in a good position to seriously rebuild next season and make another sewrious challenge for promotion.

Think what you like about him, but Madejski is an excellent businessman. He is running the club in the correct way.

If we go down, how will be in a good position to seriously rebuild next season and make another serious challenge for promotion without spending silly money to attract players to come to us in the first place? He might as well have done that this season and tried to ensure we remain in the Prem for a good few years, shirley?

Hampshire Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Hampshire Royal » 17 Sep 2007 17:07

Royal Rother

Whoops :oops: we've only got 32 games left. We're doomed I tell you!!!!

First of all RL, I don't think we will go down this year because of the reasons I stated in my post (team spirit, good youth policy etc). But, even if we do, I believe we have a good enough nucleus of a team to do well in the Championship, and with very few judicious signings will come back up again. Everyone's saying stuff like 'every club's spent lots of cash on players, so why haven't we?'. They may have spent lots of cash, but three of them will go down. The debt situation in football is getting intolerable and a lot of commentators think that the chickens will come home to roost very quickly. I agree with them. Far better to be prudent in your finances than act like a chronic gambler and tell yourself that 'all I need is to borrow another thousand and everything will be alright'.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 17 Sep 2007 17:16

Hampshire Royal
Royal Rother

Whoops :oops: we've only got 32 games left. We're doomed I tell you!!!!

Doomed!!! :roll:

Typical Reading Fans.

give me strength.............yes, 32 games to go 36 points is all we need.

:shock:

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 17 Sep 2007 18:23

It's this "nucleus" of the team that I'm worried about. I believe Murty will retire/leave at the end of the season, same possibly for Gunnarsson. Ingi may have another year or so left with us, but I think his age is beginning to show. Shorey will be off at the end of his contract, if not before. An offer for Lita, esp if we do go down, will probably be too good to resist. Doyle will want to stay in the Prem and someone will try and come in for him. Hahnemann is getting on a bit. Sonko might never be the same player he was. That's a fair chunk of the "nucleus" that gives me a few worries.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 17 Sep 2007 18:28

Royal Lady It's this "nucleus" of the team that I'm worried about. I believe Murty will retire/leave at the end of the season, same possibly for Gunnarsson. Ingi may have another year or so left with us, but I think his age is beginning to show. Shorey will be off at the end of his contract, if not before. An offer for Lita, esp if we do go down, will probably be too good to resist. Doyle will want to stay in the Prem and someone will try and come in for him. Hahnemann is getting on a bit. Sonko might never be the same player he was. That's a fair chunk of the "nucleus" that gives me a few worries.

I agree - I'm not going to join in the "we're doomed" pessimists, but if come Xmas we're in or close to the bottom 3 I can see a nightmare scenario of the best players being tempted away (for instance Shorey, Lita, Doyle) whilst we're unable to attract anyone new because there'll be even fewer reasons to join us then than there were at the start of the season.

Dr Hfuhruhurr

by Dr Hfuhruhurr » 17 Sep 2007 18:53

Dirk Gently
Royal Lady It's this "nucleus" of the team that I'm worried about. I believe Murty will retire/leave at the end of the season, same possibly for Gunnarsson. Ingi may have another year or so left with us, but I think his age is beginning to show. Shorey will be off at the end of his contract, if not before. An offer for Lita, esp if we do go down, will probably be too good to resist. Doyle will want to stay in the Prem and someone will try and come in for him. Hahnemann is getting on a bit. Sonko might never be the same player he was. That's a fair chunk of the "nucleus" that gives me a few worries.

I agree - I'm not going to join in the "we're doomed" pessimists, but if come Xmas we're in or close to the bottom 3 I can see a nightmare scenario of the best players being tempted away (for instance Shorey, Lita, Doyle) whilst we're unable to attract anyone new because there'll be even fewer reasons to join us then than there were at the start of the season.

We could suffer from 'Sunderland Syndrome' - we find ourselves in a releagatable position with a dozen games to go, but cant or wont do anything about it, because the players feel it is in their own advantage to get relegated as they will then sign for another premiership club the following season, probably on a bigger wage.

On the plus side, we might avoid this scenario because, in all reality, we dont have that many players that would interest other Premiership clubs. You name three, I would struggle to name any more. But on the negative side, our wage structure is so feeble in Premiership terms that even clubs such as Fulham and Wigan can offer more money to one of our squad players. It isnt beyond the realms of imagination that Bikey, Sonko or Ingimarsson could earn 10k a week at another club with similar small ambitions to Reading.

If we can be sure of player loyalty then we have a good chance of finishing somewhere in the teens this year without getting relegated. Otherwise, if we are there or thereabouts towards the end of February we may disappear without a whisper. Given today's player climate - where your average player wants to make hay whilst the sun shines - id favour the latter scenario.

Then comes the bigger question - does it really matter if we get relegated? Sure we, as fans, may take a short term knock in pride - but I quite like supporting a solvent club who tries to do its best and I dont really care if we are in the Premiership or as another one of the increasing large number in the championship trying to get promoted again.

I reckon we've got a great chance of going down, but it doesnt bother me much.

Dr Hfuhruhurr

by Dr Hfuhruhurr » 17 Sep 2007 18:54

P.s. Good to see dodger and Hampsire back again representing the extremes of pessimism and optimism.

West Stand Flash
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by West Stand Flash » 19 Sep 2007 23:08

Haha you lot are laughable.

Go Dad.......you should go to Grimsby - You'd make a killing with all the fish you have caught here!!!

Fat Leather Jacket

by Fat Leather Jacket » 19 Sep 2007 23:57

West Stand Flash Haha you lot are laughable.

Go Dad.......you should go to Grimsby - You'd make a killing with all the fish you have caught here!!!

Go dad! :lol:

Hampshire Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Hampshire Royal » 20 Sep 2007 07:01

15 September: someone suggests that Dodge is fishing.
19 September: West Stand Flash works out what fishing is and decides that 'Yeah that's what he was doing'

4 days is a long time for that sort of information to sink in. I always thought thst Weat Stand Flash can't be as stupid as Dodge because, after all, his father's genes must have been diluted by his mother.

But, 4 days??? Proof, if proof were needed, that West Stand Flash's mother is his Aunt.

Oh yes, what's the point of 'fishing' when 99% of the replies just point out what an @rsehole you are?

Yorkshire Royal

by Yorkshire Royal » 20 Sep 2007 08:54

Hampshire Royal Proof, if proof were needed, that West Stand Flash's mother is his Aunt.

:lol: Good murking!

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 02 Oct 2007 23:09

Watch City flyyyyyyyy.... home from Barnsley!

shadesrwrf
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by shadesrwrf » 02 Oct 2007 23:30

Dr Hfuhruhurr
Dirk Gently

We could suffer from 'Sunderland Syndrome' - we find ourselves in a releagatable position with a dozen games to go, but cant or wont do anything about it, because the players feel it is in their own advantage to get relegated as they will then sign for another premiership club the following season, probably on a bigger wage.

On the plus side, we might avoid this scenario because, in all reality, we dont have that many players that would interest other Premiership clubs. You name three, I would struggle to name any more. But on the negative side, our wage structure is so feeble in Premiership terms that even clubs such as Fulham and Wigan can offer more money to one of our squad players. It isnt beyond the realms of imagination that Bikey, Sonko or Ingimarsson could earn 10k a week at another club with similar small ambitions to Reading.

If we can be sure of player loyalty then we have a good chance of finishing somewhere in the teens this year without getting relegated. Otherwise, if we are there or thereabouts towards the end of February we may disappear without a whisper. Given today's player climate - where your average player wants to make hay whilst the sun shines - id favour the latter scenario.

Then comes the bigger question - does it really matter if we get relegated? Sure we, as fans, may take a short term knock in pride - but I quite like supporting a solvent club who tries to do its best and I dont really care if we are in the Premiership or as another one of the increasing large number in the championship trying to get promoted again.

I reckon we've got a great chance of going down, but it doesnt bother me much.

My sentiments entirely. Superb post.

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 02 Oct 2007 23:49

I am not worried about going down. Lots of football to be played. I think Sir Steve will get it straightened out. But if, and let me emphasize IF, we are involved in a relegation battle what's wrong with that?

I openly admit to being a glory hunter/johnny-come-lately. I have only seen the best of times with Reading FC. But if we are in for a season-long relegation battle, then so be it. Pushing for a spot in UEFA or trying our best to remain above the cut line, either add excitement and tension to the games ahead.

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 03 Oct 2007 00:21

Can i ask City, Which oneeeeeeee?

Norwich
Manchester
Ipswich... oh their a town!

If you still hate Futcher

by If you still hate Futcher » 03 Oct 2007 12:15

Hampshire Royal 15 September: someone suggests that Dodge is fishing.
19 September: West Stand Flash works out what fishing is and decides that 'Yeah that's what he was doing'

4 days is a long time for that sort of information to sink in. I always thought thst Weat Stand Flash can't be as stupid as Dodge because, after all, his father's genes must have been diluted by his mother.

But, 4 days??? Proof, if proof were needed, that West Stand Flash's mother is his Aunt.

Oh yes, what's the point of 'fishing' when 99% of the replies just point out what an @rsehole you are?

Come now Hampshire - isn't it obvious that SDR is so far up his own arse that he could only inseminate himself.

Unless of course he's been sucking on a Cuban

Hampshire Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Hampshire Royal » 03 Oct 2007 12:31

Surely, if he'd inseminated himself and gave himself a child I'd have read it in the Sunday Sport. Oh, wait a minute, who are his 'Media Chums'? Could explain a lot!!

Seriously though, I quite like the Bristol clubs. They have been starved of success, yet have a strong passionate fanbase. What have they done to deserve the Dodger Curse? When he said they were flyingggggggg they were top of the CCC, after his little pronouncement they have plumetted down to sixth.

Oh well, never mind.