Lita in NOTW

285 posts
Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 25 Sep 2007 10:29

Skin
Stranded Fact is I can understand why people get peeved is as soon as a non-footballing story involving RFC appears in the press, you know who has been involved. It does lead you to question him, and his mentality a bit - the fact that he's not performed yet this season further amplifys this.

Again, Coppell doesn't seem happy and when he's had enough the bloke will go.

This is as bad

Please feel free to elaborate.

People, including seemingly our manager are peeved at the bloke for getting caught out/involved in something AGAIN.

I've nothing against the bloke filming himself having sex but it doesn't take a genius to figure out that if you send the footage out (and you are a public figure) it'll end up in the papers.

Skin
Hob Nob Regular
Location: You are now about to witness the strength of street knowledge

by Skin » 25 Sep 2007 10:34

Yorkshire Royal My God.. he's a footballer.. by definition they are all oxf*rd stupid. They shag girls. They roast girls. They hire hookers. This is because they are oxf*rd stupid. And working class. Therefore give them money and they have no idea how to behave. This is further emphasised by the stupid houses and cars they drive...

Lita is one of the most exciting young English forwards in the country. The ludicrous moral high ground taken by people on here once again makes me wonder if I want to be associated with Reading fans... Anyone suggesting that we dispose of his stories because of this minor event. FFS, sex tapes are hardly something new..

No offence (although this clearly is offensive), but you lots are just embarassing...

ABSOLUTELY SPOT ON.

I was getting worried this was a board for women and c unters

Skin
Hob Nob Regular

by Skin » 25 Sep 2007 10:35

I really only give 2 sh its about what happens on the pitch.

I hope this clears up my position.

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 25 Sep 2007 10:39

Stranded I was quite clearly not talking about "Good News" stories or interviews given the tone of the thread.

The Oster/Stack things were prior them being RFC players were they not? Admittedly Stack was on loan but we brought him in fully aware of the trial.

Well you just said 'non footballing...', it's always dangerous to think you are being 'quite clear' when you aren't.

Both Stack and Oster featured in less than positive, non footballing stories whilst they were Reading players. If we were extending this to current Reading players who have been in the news for non footballing reasons then Duberry would be included as well !
I guess you meant to say that 'whenever Leroy features in a non footballing related, bad news story then you just know it's Leroy who is involved.'
I'd agree that he seems more likely to appear than Doyle, Harper or Kitson though !

davis69

by davis69 » 25 Sep 2007 10:40

i with 'skin' hear leroy can do whatever he likes off the pitch without me caring what he does on the pitch is what i care about

Yorkshire Royal

by Yorkshire Royal » 25 Sep 2007 10:51

davis69 i with 'skin' hear leroy can do whatever he likes off the pitch without me caring what he does on the pitch is what i care about

I think I have translated it.... In my view there are limits to what is acceptable off the pitch behaviour. For example if found guilty of rape (although it might be hard to play in jail), or death by dangerous driving, or.. I dont know.. child molestation. murder / etc, then he would lose my support...

But this story is the biggest non event.. and once again I laugh at the moral high grounders on here.. and ask... "is it cause he's black...?", in an Ali G stylee...

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 25 Sep 2007 10:54

davis69 i with 'skin' hear leroy can do whatever he likes off the pitch without me caring what he does on the pitch is what i care about

So when a Royals player is uncovered as a crack addicted pimp with a stable of underage girls using the money to arm a gang of teenage criminals responsible for a crime wave in the area you'd be OK with it as long as he'd scored the winner the previous week ?

I think Leroy is a bit immature and some of the comments are way over the top but part of the territory when you take home £10,000 a week for playing sport is that you at least recognise that kids will see you as an 'idol' and you need to be aware that you are in the public eye.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 25 Sep 2007 10:58

Yorkshire Royal

I think I have translated it.... In my view there are limits to what is acceptable off the pitch behaviour. For example if found guilty of rape (although it might be hard to play in jail), or death by dangerous driving, or.. I dont know.. child molestation. murder / etc, then he would lose my support...

But this story is the biggest non event.. and once again I laugh at the moral high grounders on here.. and ask... "is it cause he's black...?", in an Ali G stylee...

As I've said I don't think it is this incident that has got some people peeved - I agree it's pretty much a non event - it's more the fact that Lita has put himself in the position again for such a story to appear that has peeved people.

I couldn't give a flying one what any member of our squad does in their private lives, I would just like to think that they have the wherewithal to keep it just that, private.

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 25 Sep 2007 11:00

This "I don't care what he does off the pitch, I do care about it" is all, to all intents, irrelevant. The fact is Sir Steve has tried to obtain a group of players who fit into his list of ideals, and in the main he has done this. Leroy consistently goes against Sir Steve's wishes by regularly bringing his own behaviour into question, and in so doing bringing the wrong kind of attention to RFC. This is enough for me to question his position at the club as going against a managers wishes, whether it be Coppell's or anyone else's wishes, in this way is IMO unacceptable.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 25 Sep 2007 11:01

Behindu

So when a Royals player is uncovered as a crack addicted pimp with a stable of underage girls using the money to arm a gang of teenage criminals responsible for a crime wave in the area you'd be OK with it as long as he'd scored the winner the previous week ?
I think Leroy is a bit immature and some of the comments are way over the top but part of the territory when you take home £10,000 a week for playing sport is that you at least recognise that kids will see you as an 'idol' and you need to be aware that you are in the public eye.

Yes, yes and thrice yes

i really couldnt give a stuff
as long as he bangs them in with a little more regularity

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 25 Sep 2007 11:03

Wasn't Ian Wright also bvery much of a 'rebel' in his younger days ?

Given that Wright was Coppell's prodigy, and is Lita's hero, you can see Coppell working very hard with Leroy to keep him on the straight and narrow.

Leroy is a huge talent, maybe now is the time to get Wright along for those coaching sessions and spend some time working with Leroy...

LoyaltoDoyle

by LoyaltoDoyle » 25 Sep 2007 11:12

Let's just take a step back a re-evaluate this "issue" - Leroy is not the first footballer, young or old, to have made an arse out of himself in numerous of occasions under the public eye.

The only reason this is being made a big deal of by the fans is because we aren't used to it!!!!!

So this rediculous post should stop ASAP and we should stop wasting our time writing posts of which are irrelevant.

Footballer or not he is a human being - he aint the first 22 year old male to film himself having sex with a young lady and he for sure wont be the last, unfortunate for him he was very silly with what he did with footage and again unfortunate for him he is in the public eye and as some of you may say an 'idol' but there are many other footballers who have behaved far worse than him who are higher profile 'idols' and to be honest i think far too much pressure is put on these young lads to be "idols" - so i think we can get over a little mistake!!! Can we not??

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 25 Sep 2007 11:16

LoyaltoDoyle Let's just take a step back a re-evaluate this "issue" - Leroy is not the first footballer, young or old, to have made an arse out of himself in numerous of occasions under the public eye.

The only reason this is being made a big deal of by the fans is because we aren't used to it!!!!!

So this rediculous post should stop ASAP and we should stop wasting our time writing posts of which are irrelevant.

Footballer or not he is a human being - he aint the first 22 year old male to film himself having sex with a young lady and he for sure wont be the last, unfortunate for him he was very silly with what he did with footage and again unfortunate for him he is in the public eye and as some of you may say an 'idol' but there are many other footballers who have behaved far worse than him who are higher profile 'idols' and to be honest i think far too much pressure is put on these young lads to be "idols" - so i think we can get over a little mistake!!! Can we not??

Leroy's chosen career path puts him in the public eye...is this unfortunate? I think not.

Skin
Hob Nob Regular

by Skin » 25 Sep 2007 11:24

I just love the way everybody knows how Sir Steve feels about Leroy and exactly what he thinks. YOU COULDN'T MAKE IT UP! could you?...

Hugo Boss
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Hugo Boss » 25 Sep 2007 11:26

LOLeroy LOLita.

What a nugget.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 25 Sep 2007 11:26

handbags_harris This "I don't care what he does off the pitch, I do care about it" is all, to all intents, irrelevant. The fact is Sir Steve has tried to obtain a group of players who fit into his list of ideals, and in the main he has done this. Leroy consistently goes against Sir Steve's wishes by regularly bringing his own behaviour into question, and in so doing bringing the wrong kind of attention to RFC. This is enough for me to question his position at the club as going against a managers wishes, whether it be Coppell's or anyone else's wishes, in this way is IMO unacceptable.

Spot on.

LoyaltoDoyle

by LoyaltoDoyle » 25 Sep 2007 11:27

handbags_harris
LoyaltoDoyle Let's just take a step back a re-evaluate this "issue" - Leroy is not the first footballer, young or old, to have made an arse out of himself in numerous of occasions under the public eye.

Leroy's chosen career path puts him in the public eye...is this unfortunate? I think not.

He's only been in the "public eye" since we made prem status. And what i'm actually saying with what you have BOLD and ITALLICED is actually - had any other 22 year old done that no-one whould have blinked. When i use the word unfortunate i don't mean it in all sense of the word - i think you've taken it a little bit too literally

Hugo Boss
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Hugo Boss » 25 Sep 2007 11:31

handbags_harris This "I don't care what he does off the pitch, I do care about it" is all, to all intents, irrelevant. The fact is Sir Steve has tried to obtain a group of players who fit into his list of ideals, and in the main he has done this. Leroy consistently goes against Sir Steve's wishes by regularly bringing his own behaviour into question, and in so doing bringing the wrong kind of attention to RFC. This is enough for me to question his position at the club as going against a managers wishes, whether it be Coppell's or anyone else's wishes, in this way is IMO unacceptable.

I can almost hear Lita screaming "Why is it always meeee".

Yorkshire Royal

by Yorkshire Royal » 25 Sep 2007 11:32

You are all gayers.. apart from Skin...

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 25 Sep 2007 12:06

seeing as coppell is putting him in for the game against the pool, and hasnt even mentioned it to lita yet

it seems he is as bothered as i am about it

lita is a rude-boy
dont be surprised when he is rude.

285 posts