Duberry and Gunnarsson...

johnnym

by johnnym » 01 Oct 2007 11:21

for me, it's Ivar and Bryn that should be dropped immediately

Murty has to improve next game or he should also make way

I just can't understand why Bikey is missing out here. I remember Coppell saying he had an excellent pre-season but was not mentally prepared when they returned from Korea and so dropped him.

Anyone know where Kevin Doyle is these days??

semtex1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The sneering condescension of the remain ultras.....

by semtex1871 » 01 Oct 2007 12:09

[quote="Royalee"][/quote]
I didn't see the 1st goal, was getting a beer. 8)

where did you get the beer from? I was under the impression they weren't selling beer in the away end??!!

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 01 Oct 2007 12:36

Jeffers217 It is incredible how all the fans know which team we should put out but the gaffer don't change it.

1. IMO Bikey will be even better than Sonko- remember when sonko first came to us in place of Adie Williams- he was piss poor, worst defender I had ever seen but look at how class he is now. Bikey last season took care of Rooney and Ronaldo and took care of Johnson this season. Yes he is poor in patches but boy can he tackle. He is 10 times the player Duberry is.

2. Convey? Unless we start playing him he is gonna put in a transfer request. Him and Kitson have been light yers the best players for us this season.

3. Kitson- always has been class, when people were banging on about Doyle and Lita i knew Kitson would be better for us this year. Why no prem teams have come in for him before I will never know.

4. DROP THE CAPTAIN- he is far too slow for this league this season.

Point 1.

So because Bikey can make 1 absolutely awesome challenge a game, he is suddenly the messiah and '10 times the player' someone else is. Now i like Bikey a lot, he is going to be a class defender, but to say he is ANY better let alone 10 times better than our other defenders at this minute is pure fiction. Get a tape of the Liverpool game, and look at Bikey's positioning and his awareness of things around him. It's absolutely non existant. The last goal, he is playing them all onside, the ball is played, then he steps up allowing Torres a free run on goal!! Really really basic error. He does this a hell of a lot, the thing is usally he has the pace to get back and rectify it, against Liverpool, he was given a lesson. You can't keep doing that. But no one EVER remembers any of this because he will make 1 awesome challenge each game.

Of course he will make mistakes at his age, but don't be fooled into thinking we wouldn't have shipped either the same amount of goals or close to had he played saturday.

Should Bikey be playing? IMO yes, because Ivar's form has been wretched this season, Bikey or Duberry? Nope, play em both.

Pont 2. Convey is injured.

Point 3. No one has ever signed Kitson sbefore becasue he spends half the season on the treatment table.

Point 4, I'd agree with IF we had someone else capable of playing right wing.

JC
Hob Nob Regular

by JC » 01 Oct 2007 18:44

If Sonko gets a successful 90 minutes tonight for the reserves I would put him straight in on Sunday with Bikey. I would put Rosenior at right back, bring in Convey on the right (if fit) and Fae in for Gunnarsson

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 01 Oct 2007 18:47

JC If Sonko gets a successful 90 minutes tonight for the reserves I would put him straight in on Sunday with Bikey. I would put Rosenior at right back, bring in Convey on the right (if fit) and Fae in for Gunnarsson

I would agree with all of these changes bar Sonko....I think it is still a bit early to bring him back and would prefer to see him come on from the bench to start with. We need him for the long haul...if he rushed into first team duties after such a bad injury it could backfire.