We miss Seol Ki-Hyeon

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 02 Oct 2007 16:20

Right, i thought by your comment previous to that, that you wanted him out. Hence my :? expression.

I do agree, the first few months of last seson, he was excellent then he just stopped performing. I remember him playing for Wolves against us, and i hated him as he was a great player and he was the reason they beat us that day.

But he is so frustrating that near the end of the season, i just wanted him out. Although, he did look good at the little bits he did out in Korea and i thought, he might have a good season this year. Obviously not with us.

rfc_prem2006

Re: We miss Seol Ki-Hyeon

by rfc_prem2006 » 02 Oct 2007 16:26

riverroyal Who would have though it, we are actually missing Seol.

Rosenior is not a right winger, Little out for 6 months, Convey plays a game then is injured, Oster also injury prone.

Looking back Seol should have stayed at Reading.

OK Rosenior isn't a right winger but i think he has looked pretty decent and can do a good job there. He has played there before for quite a while and he used to be a striker!

Give him a chance, it just seems to me that on various threads that a few people have been disappointed with him when i have thought he has been ok, and probably one of the better players in our team.

We don't need to make drastic changes and drop the whole team! Which some people are suggesting namely that idiot 'Gus the teenage cow'!

My Starting Line up for Sunday would be:

Federici
Murty
Bikey
Ingimarsson
Shorey
Rosenior
Fae
Harper
Convey(If fit)
Kitson
Doyle/Though Lita looked quite sharp against Liverpool

That team is quite capable of winning any game.

Riseley
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Riseley » 02 Oct 2007 16:31

The moaning bloke who sits next to me has missed Seol terribly. No doubt a new scapegoat can be found in the midfield area.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 02 Oct 2007 16:39

Riseley The moaning bloke who sits next to me has missed Seol terribly. No doubt a new scapegoat can be found in the midfield area.

Got enough to choose from!!

rfc_prem2006

by rfc_prem2006 » 02 Oct 2007 17:22

Oh yeah and was supposed to say I don't miss Seol one bit! The first time i saw him play in a Reading shirt was against Feyenoord and i didn't rate him. From that day i hated him!

Fair enough he scored a few important goals for us but still didn't like him!

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 02 Oct 2007 17:24

rfc_prem2006 Oh yeah and was supposed to say I don't miss Seol one bit! The first time i saw him play in a Reading shirt was against Feyenoord and i didn't rate him. From that day i hated him!

Fair enough he scored a few important goals for us but still didn't like him!

Is it because you are a racist?

rfc_prem2006

by rfc_prem2006 » 02 Oct 2007 17:27

haha

erm.... :roll:

nope because from that day i could see he didnt have the energy like all the other players give. Just didn't rate him as a footballer.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 02 Oct 2007 17:30

Excellent post.

We really do miss Seol, and I'm surprised people aren't taking this seriously:

If Seol was here we'd have the perfect scapegoat but now he's not we're a little confused and are blaming everyone.

Where are you when we need you Seol?

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 02 Oct 2007 18:30

2 world wars, 1 world cup Excellent post.

We really do miss Seol, and I'm surprised people aren't taking this seriously:

If Seol was here we'd have the perfect scapegoat but now he's not we're a little confused and are blaming everyone.

Where are you when we need you Seol?

I thought Seol offered us something different. A bit of magic here and there. Very inconsistent and I can see why he split this board but given our lack of right wingers I would have preferred that he stayed..

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 02 Oct 2007 19:08

Anyone who can't see that our current squad, and indeed our current first 11 (given Little's injury), would be in better shape if we hadn't got rid of Seol must be nuts. Yes his game was greatly flawed, but saturday aside we've struggled to make chances, and undoubtedly he produced moments of creativity while he was here.

Of course he wanted to leave and was unhappy here (I can't imagine why BOOOO) so this is all by the by.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 02 Oct 2007 19:25

Yes, we've really been missing Seol - we've scored nine goals in five games since he left the club and Rosenior's managed a goal.

Numpties.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 02 Oct 2007 19:29

Royalee Yes, we've really been missing Seol - we've scored nine goals in five games since he left the club and Rosenior's managed a goal.

Numpties.

Yes and before Pompey we had scored five league goals this season.......and two of those were against Wigan...so you can argue the stats in another way.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 02 Oct 2007 19:34

PEARCEY
Royalee Yes, we've really been missing Seol - we've scored nine goals in five games since he left the club and Rosenior's managed a goal.

Numpties.

Yes and before Pompey we had scored five league goals this season.......and two of those were against Wigan...so you can argue the stats in another way.

Four league games with Seol at the club - 2 goals.
Four league games without Seol at the club - 7 goals.

No comparison really - even minus the Pompey game we'd scored more in the league without him.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 02 Oct 2007 19:39

Royalee
PEARCEY

Numpties.

No comparison really - even minus the Pompey game we'd scored more in the league without him.

........and just run past me the teams we played in our first four games.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 02 Oct 2007 19:43

PEARCEY
Royalee
PEARCEY

Numpties.

Now you really are being anal.

Remind me how many goals we scored away at Portsmouth last season.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 02 Oct 2007 20:10

Royalee
PEARCEY
Royalee
PEARCEY

Numpties.

Why do you always resort to name calling. Just argue the point.
Anal?! Not quite. Merely pointing out we played Man Utd, Everton and Chelsea in those opening games who you might recall have three of the best defences in the league.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 02 Oct 2007 20:15

PEARCEY
Royalee
PEARCEY
Royalee
PEARCEY

Numpties.

Anal?! Not quite. Merely pointing out we played Man Utd, Everton and Chelsea in those opening games who you might recall have three of the best defences in the league.

Remind me how many goals we scored away at Pompey last season.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 02 Oct 2007 20:17

Royalee
PEARCEY
Royalee
PEARCEY
Royalee
PEARCEY

Numpties.

Remind me how many goals we scored away at Pompey last season.

Well perhaps you could remind me how many we conceded against them last season. Whilst we are at it perhaps you can also confirm how many of the first four league games Seol started....oh I think it was two....
If you are going to quote stats make them valid and comparable rather than so hap hazard.