Royals V Newcastle Match thread.

124 posts
Tilehurst Mike

by Tilehurst Mike » 29 Oct 2007 08:47

BenReadingFC http://blip.tv/file/450255

This picture just about sums up Newcastle's abysmal performance and sums up their moronic fans. Don't they inderstand the meaning of an all seater stadium. Their selfish attitude resullted in their ticket allocation being halved but good news for Royals fans who were able to snap up this allocation of tickets.

Fantastic performance, Sonko looked liked he had never been out, and Doyel and Kitson ran their hearts out. A truly superb team performance!

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 29 Oct 2007 08:47

I seem to remember these same conversations about Cureton in his tenure with us,

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 29 Oct 2007 08:51

Behindu
Ian Royal Lita ran Newcastle's defence ragged and provides considerably more threat than long. Any of our strikers would have put that shot away.

That's demonstrably untrue given that Long scored and Lita didn't.

But I agree that Lita is still ahead of Long in the pecking order. Long looks so much more dangerous coming on as a sub as teams simply do not adjust to what he does.

To state that it's demonstrably untrue is, of course, rubbish! The fact that Long scored on that parrticular occasion and Lita missed other chances proves nothing. Long might also have missed the opportunities that Lita missed (Long has also been guilty of some pretty poor misses in the past) and Lita might have converted the opportunity that Long did.

Unless they were both presented with identical opportunities in identical situations, no-one can state it is either demonstrably true or untrue.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 29 Oct 2007 11:53

Alan Partridge
Platypuss
Gordons Cumming
Platypuss
Gordons Cumming What the game proved to me was that Lita is not a natural finisher.

One game never proves anything.

He misses far more than he scores.

:lol:

Even Jay wouldn't post something as clueless as that.

and from a usually fairly decent poster whose opinions are usually readble and well thought out.

Possibly the biggest load of shite posted on here for some while, good effort.

Kind words :wink:

All I said was that Lita isn't as good as he thinks.

Even I'd have been embarrassed about that miss. Don't forget he practices EVERY day.

Pathetic.

Do you know how much he gets paid for kicking that bit of plastic about?

You lot are too easy on him.

He's standing in front of an open goal.............. Inexcusable.

As someone said her old Mum could have finished better.

Lita needs more practice methinks.

Rant over.

124 posts