Gunnarsson..

Daniella

Gunnarsson..

by Daniella » 03 Nov 2007 17:24

Don't like to single out individuals, expecially one whose been such a good honest pro for us, but im left with no choice.

I like the guy but its absolutely laughable he finds himself starting in the premiership, its really damaging us now. He dwells on the ball, has no pace and has been at fault for a lot of our defensive howlers. Poor again today by all reports.
Why is coppell continuously starting him? He is not good enough and we are loosing points PURELY because he's in the side. Sort it the fvk out, what is wrong with fae? He can't be nearly this bad.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Gunnarsson..

by Archie's penalty » 03 Nov 2007 17:27

Daniella Don't like to single out individuals, expecially one whose been such a good honest pro for us, but im left with no choice.

I like the guy but its absolutely laughable he finds himself starting in the premiership, its really damaging us now. He dwells on the ball, has no pace and has been at fault for a lot of our defensive howlers. Poor again today by all reports.
Why is coppell continuously starting him? He is not good enough and we are loosing points PURELY because he's in the side. Sort it the fvk out, what is wrong with fae? He can't be nearly this bad.

100% agree Daniella.

Cisse to be brought in when he is back? When is he back?

Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Chaney » 03 Nov 2007 17:34

he been a good servant, he deserves his chance..Steve Coppell`s words not mine!!!

THAT DON`T MAKE HIM GOOD ENOUGH THOUGH DOES IT????

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 03 Nov 2007 17:42

In fairness Daniella you did say back in the hazy days of summer that Gunnarsson and Harper in central midfield would not be strong enough and I think that is certainly true of Gunnar.
Difficult to comprehend what the position is with Fae but it would appear he is being frozen out if he cannot make the squad in a side struggling to find any consistency.
Gunnar still has a role to play but only in the last 20/30 minutes shoring up midfield.
Cisse should be fit soon so surely he has to be given a chance?

sonkoissuperman

by sonkoissuperman » 03 Nov 2007 17:46

what about fae ? every time ive seen him play he's looked solid and a good passer of the ball. End of the day our iceland midfielder is passed it

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 03 Nov 2007 17:47

sonkoissuperman what about fae ? every time ive seen him play he's looked solid and a good passer of the ball. End of the day our iceland midfielder is passed it

Well he passed it badly today that is for sure :wink:

Royal Tezza

by Royal Tezza » 03 Nov 2007 18:02

I didn't notice him at all today, but maybe this is the problem. The game just seems to pass him by a lot of the time

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 03 Nov 2007 18:10

sonkoissuperman what about fae ? every time ive seen him play he's looked solid and a good passer of the ball. End of the day our iceland midfielder is passed it

Not seen much af Fae, only really Bolton and Blackburn away and he played well at 0-0, but the moment we went behind in both games, he went missing. Doesn't strike me as a battler. Stick him in a winning team and I suspect he'd be brilliant but I'd put Cisse in ahead of him when fit.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 03 Nov 2007 18:22

You could add Shorey, Murty and Hunt to the poor passing display today. Gunnar wasn't great but he wasn't alone.

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 03 Nov 2007 19:25

Not a premiership standard player. Full stop

The sooner he is replaced the better.

Unfortunately with the extended contract he has been given (LOL) I expect to see more of this donkey in games to come

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 03 Nov 2007 19:33

Gunnarsson may still have a role to play, that role may not necessarilly be as a first choice central midfielder.

test icicles

by test icicles » 03 Nov 2007 20:05

I have to say I didn't think Gunnar was the main problem but as Royal Tezza said i didn't really notice him. The main problem i thought was Hunts abilty to do anything that helped us today, i'm normally a big fan of Hunty but today he was sh!t. I just can't see why Coppell didn't stick Convey on for Hunt and leave Doyle on the right, instead of what he did do which was stick Bobby on where he had no effect at all and he's obviously not comfertable playing on the right so why do it?!

Rant over.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 03 Nov 2007 20:16

Agree with the original post, although his partner in the atrocity that was today's match was just as shite. I really am struggling to think of any worse central midfielders than those two tossers in the Prem.

wolsey
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Wishing I was young enough and crass enough to care

by wolsey » 03 Nov 2007 20:20

Royalee I really am struggling to think

Then don't.

Stick to what you are good at - whatever that may be.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 03 Nov 2007 20:23

wolsey
Royalee I really am struggling to think

Then don't.

Stick to what you are good at - whatever that may be.

Have a day off.

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 03 Nov 2007 20:42

test icicles I have to say I didn't think Gunnar was the main problem but as Royal Tezza said i didn't really notice him. The main problem i thought was Hunts abilty to do anything that helped us today, i'm normally a big fan of Hunty but today he was sh!t. I just can't see why Coppell didn't stick Convey on for Hunt and leave Doyle on the right, instead of what he did do which was stick Bobby on where he had no effect at all and he's obviously not comfertable playing on the right so why do it?!

Rant over.

The problem isn't just the individuals and their performance, it's the balance in the midfield.

When Gunnarson and Hunt both play we lack a creative blend. This is even more obvious when Rosenior has played on the right with Hunt on the left.

It all comes down to the lack of quality signings we bought in over the summer.

Gunnarson has shown that he's not quite up to the job at the moment though. It's a shame that the players we actually spent money on in the summer just haven't made an impact and don't look quite up to it.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 03 Nov 2007 21:04

Daniella I like the guy but its absolutely laughable he finds himself starting in the premiership, its really damaging us now.

Not as laughable as the fact that some amongst us expected him to directly replace - nay, improve upon - Steve Sidwell over a 38 game Premier League season.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 03 Nov 2007 21:07

floyd__streete
Daniella I like the guy but its absolutely laughable he finds himself starting in the premiership, its really damaging us now.

Not as laughable as the fact that some amongst us expected him to directly replace - nay, improve upon - Steve Sidwell over a 38 game Premier League season.

Indeed.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 03 Nov 2007 21:09

I can only presume Coppell has had a bang to the head in recent weeks and thinks that Fae is absolute shite and Gunnarsson is the Lord Jesus Christ re-incarnated or something. In fairness, he did ok last Saturday but all the rest of this season, including today, Gunnar was way off the pace and just not effective for us at all.

Daniella

by Daniella » 03 Nov 2007 21:42

floyd__streete

It was evident he was never going to be good enough but he deserved a few games to stick his foot in the door. I don't begrudge steve showing him some loyalty but we established weeks ago he's not upto the task, the fact he keeps playing him is what is so worrying.