Gunnarsson..

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 04 Nov 2007 19:38

AthleticoSpizz our central mifielders were more than adequate last week against Newcastle

FFS

just remember WHO WE ARE

and

WHERE WE ARE

we will still be bitching about our Premiership survival

this time next year :roll:

Me? I'm just delighted (in hindsight) that we didn't actually qualify for the UEFA last season

now that would've hurt

some of you really f3ck me off and you are truly clueless .......try a wet Elm Park on a Tuesday night

I have been to Elm Park on a wet Tuesday/Wednesday night thanks very much...although not sure what that proves. Why do you suggest we are clueless just because we dont all share your opinion.
Yes we are in the Premiership and it is a brilliant achievement. I never thought the team would make it into top flight football in my lifetime. However now we are there it would be even better if we could stay there for as long as possible. Discussing the merits of players is what fans do. We all have opinions thats why we are on here for christsake. It does not mean we are right or wrong. Its just an opinion.

Henleyensian

by Henleyensian » 04 Nov 2007 19:43

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe Coppell clearly has a massive problem with Fae, as it seems he does with anyone he spends significant money on. Relatively significant money on.

His confidence most be in shreads after not really being given a chance and then dropped from the squad.

I thnk we should all remember what Coppell said at the last Fana' Forum when he said that Fae is used to French football where he is expected to pass the ball, but not to move from box to box. He has the necessary skill, but he has to get used to the English way of playing, where he is expected to run with the ball as well as to pass it and to move around more.

Perhaps some of you would be beter informed if you troubled to come to Fans' Forums, It is ludicrous to talk of anyone being frozen out.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 04 Nov 2007 19:49

PEARCEY
AthleticoSpizz our central mifielders were more than adequate last week against Newcastle

FFS

just remember WHO WE ARE

and

WHERE WE ARE

Me? I'm just delighted (in hindsight) that we didn't actually qualify for the UEFA last season

now that would've hurt

some of you really f3ck me off and you are truly clueless .......try a wet Elm Park on a Tuesday night

I have been to Elm Park on a wet Tuesday/Wednesday night thanks very much...although not sure what that proves. Why do you suggest we are clueless just because we dont all share your opinion.
Yes we are in the Premiership and it is a brilliant achievement. I never thought the team would make it into top flight football in my lifetime. However now we are there it would be even better if we could stay there for as long as possible. Discussing the merits of players is what fans do. We all have opinions thats why we are on here for christsake. It does not mean we are right or wrong. Its just an opinion.
and this will be our second best (if not best ) season ever.

Sorry Pearce

reading some of the contributions on here....makes me look forward to returning to the benefits of a relegation place...back to the fun place from where we once come from

(notwithstanding a champions league spot of course...sarcastic smiley :wink: )

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 04 Nov 2007 20:12

AthleticoSpizz
PEARCEY

FFS

just remember WHO WE ARE

and

WHERE WE ARE

now that would've hurt

and this will be our second best (if not best ) season ever.

Sorry Pearce

reading some of the contributions on here....makes me look forward to returning to the benefits of a relegation place...back to the fun place from where we once come from

(notwithstanding a champions league spot of course...sarcastic smiley :wink: )

Dont worry about it...we all have a passion to see the club do well....

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 04 Nov 2007 20:27

Henleyensian
Smoking Kills Dancing Doe Coppell clearly has a massive problem with Fae, as it seems he does with anyone he spends significant money on. Relatively significant money on.

His confidence most be in shreads after not really being given a chance and then dropped from the squad.

I thnk we should all remember what Coppell said at the last Fana' Forum when he said that Fae is used to French football where he is expected to pass the ball, but not to move from box to box. He has the necessary skill, but he has to get used to the English way of playing, where he is expected to run with the ball as well as to pass it and to move around more.

Perhaps some of you would be beter informed if you troubled to come to Fans' Forums, It is ludicrous to talk of anyone being frozen out.

True Sc did say that about Fae and perhaps I have overstated things by questioning whether he is being frozen out but just how is Fae supposed to get used to the game as played in this country if he is not playing for either the first team or the reserves!!

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 04 Nov 2007 20:42

PEARCEY
Henleyensian

True Sc did say that about Fae and perhaps I have overstated things by questioning whether he is being frozen out but just how is Fae supposed to get used to the game as played in this country if he is not playing for either the first team or the reserves!!

It is all well and good saying Fae needs time to settle. He clearly does. But that's not what we needed in the summer. We were left with our massive gap in our midfield, why did we fill with some one whose gonna take a year to settle in? Especially as from all Coppell's comments it seems that's exactly what they expected to happen with him. There was players available and unless the clubs not telling us the truth, money to spend....

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 04 Nov 2007 20:47

PEARCEY
Henleyensian

It is all well and good saying Fae needs time to settle. He clearly does. But that's not what we needed in the summer. We were left with our massive gap in our midfield, why did we fill with some one whose gonna take a year to settle in? Especially as from all Coppell's comments it seems that's exactly what they expected to happen with him. There was players available and unless the clubs not telling us the truth, money to spend....
how do we justify Bobby Convey then?

NTRoyal

by NTRoyal » 04 Nov 2007 21:25

Now living in Scotland, and only really getting a chance to watch highlights on Match of the Day, I think it's fair to say Bryn has to go. He is awful. He seems to make far more mistakes than anyone else, and has been at fault for several goals this year.

Marcus has been absolutely shocking this year too, some saves are terrific, but it makes no difference when you drop as many clangers as he does.

Not a fan of Hunt at all, but he has been great in patches, but then crap for the rest of the time. Convey has looked sharp and dynamic when I have seen him, and surely needs to start??

We are scoring plenty of goals, but if we are conceding as many as we are away from home, its going to be a struggle. Personally i think that either Fae or Cisse needs to start wit Harps in midfield, with Convey replacing Hunt. A higher work rate in midfield with plenty of strength and determination should solve our problem.

Finally, Murts hasn't been great but i dont think he has been too bad this year, same with Shorey. I think they need to be tad more cautious going forward, as alot of goals have been from counter-attacks, leaving the centre halves totally exposed.

Have faith in SSC, he will get it sorted, but in the meantime I think our away for isn't likely to improve much.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 04 Nov 2007 22:03

NTRoyal Now living in Scotland, and only really getting a chance to watch highlights on Match of the Day, I think it's fair to say Bryn has to go. He is awful. He seems to make far more mistakes than anyone else, and has been at fault for several goals this year.

Marcus has been absolutely shocking this year too, some saves are terrific, but it makes no difference when you drop as many clangers as he does.

Not a fan of Hunt at all, but he has been great in patches, but then crap for the rest of the time. Convey has looked sharp and dynamic when I have seen him, and surely needs to start??

We are scoring plenty of goals, but if we are conceding as many as we are away from home, its going to be a struggle. Personally i think that either Fae or Cisse needs to start wit Harps in midfield, with Convey replacing Hunt. A higher work rate in midfield with plenty of strength and determination should solve our problem.

Finally, Murts hasn't been great but i dont think he has been too bad this year, same with Shorey. I think they need to be tad more cautious going forward, as alot of goals have been from counter-attacks, leaving the centre halves totally exposed.

Have faith in SSC, he will get it sorted, but in the meantime I think our away for isn't likely to improve much.
yes

living in Scotland is a handicap (but hey ho..your choice)

and basing your opinions on what you see on MOTD is futile and clueless

but there are times to keep your gob shut

and now (based on your post) is obviously one of them

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 05 Nov 2007 08:37

Chaney he been a good servant, he deserves his chance..Steve Coppell`s words not mine!!!

THAT DON`T MAKE HIM GOOD ENOUGH THOUGH DOES IT????

Thats right........ He deserved his chance.

He's had his chance now. He's shown he's not good enought, its time to drop him.

I hate saying that about Gunnarsson because he is a good, honest pro and I have so much respect for him.

It was easy to say get Seol out the team and get rid of him cause he was a lazy sh*te with a bad attitude. But Gunnarsson is such an honouable and honest, great person that it is very painful to say that he is not good enough and that he should be dropped.

But, I do think he is letting the team down at the moment purely through his lack of ability at Premiership level. I think its time to give Fae a chance! And Cisse looked ok before he got injured.

Gunnarrsson is still a great 30 minute player though. He still has a part to play for us!

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 05 Nov 2007 09:44

AthleticoSpizz
Smoking Kills Dancing Doe It is all well and good saying Fae needs time to settle. He clearly does. But that's not what we needed in the summer. We were left with our massive gap in our midfield, why did we fill with some one whose gonna take a year to settle in? Especially as from all Coppell's comments it seems that's exactly what they expected to happen with him. There was players available and unless the clubs not telling us the truth, money to spend....

What relevance has Convey's signing got to us not replacing Sidwell in the summer?

Our central midfield problems were clear to see, and Coppell has acknowledged that Fae was going to need time to settle in. With that in mind we were leaving ourselves woefully short of quality in the middle of the park.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 05 Nov 2007 09:56

cmonurz Halford sold, Fae not in the squad, ditto Cisse when he was fit, Rosenior can't get a game at right-back despite Murty's poor form.

Ironic that it is our worst recent signing (Duberry) who seems to be able to command a regular place, despite there being 3 better centre-backs in the squad.

cisse was in the squad before he got injured
duberry has been our most solid and consistent new signing this season

i hate you lot

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Gunnarsson..

by brendywendy » 05 Nov 2007 09:59

Daniella
floyd__streete
Daniella I like the guy but its absolutely laughable he finds himself starting in the premiership, its really damaging us now.

Not as laughable as the fact that some amongst us expected him to directly replace - nay, improve upon - Steve Sidwell over a 38 game Premier League season.

It was evident he was never going to be good enough but he deserved a few games to stick his foot in the door. I don't begrudge steve showing him some loyalty but we established weeks ago he's not upto the task, the fact he keeps playing him is what is so worrying.

he had a good game vs newcastle

maybe SC thought that desereved another go

ScottishRoyal

by ScottishRoyal » 05 Nov 2007 11:49

SafetyRoyal I agree with the original post in most respects. The lightness of the midfield is allowing our defence to be overwhelmed, which in my opinion is the reason why we have conceded so many goals this season. Don't get me wrong though, the defence hasn't been spot on for a while now though.
Hopefully Coppel has noticed this central midfield problem and will act in January, by trying to find a Sidwell replacement, which we desperately need.

Spot on!

Our defence, although far from perfect, have absolutely no protection from the CM's which is leaving them painfully exposed at times. Unfortunately Harps and Gunnar are offering precious little going forward as well which is leaving the strikers also exposed. I don't think we need new strikers, just better service. The lack of a solid CM partnership has meant that we have no control in the middle and has lead to an increase in hopeful long ball tactics this season.

Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 05 Nov 2007 15:30

AthleticoSpizz
PEARCEY
Henleyensian

Having Brooker and Hughes playing left wing all season was prob the main reason we did not go up that season.

Add that to the fact Coppell is not going to drop Hunt this season.

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 05 Nov 2007 22:31

How do we think he will do up against Fabregas?

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 05 Nov 2007 22:36

The whole year inn How do we think he will do up against Fabregas?

He will struggle - as have the majority of all midfielders this year against arguably the best foreign midfielder in the Priemiership at the moment.

I don't really see the point you're trying to make.

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 05 Nov 2007 22:40

Royal With Cheese
The whole year inn How do we think he will do up against Fabregas?

He will struggle - as have the majority of all midfielders this year against arguably the best foreign midfielder in the Priemiership at the moment.

I don't really see the point you're trying to make.

You see him starting then?

If we are going to at least try and contain Fabregas I'm not sure Gunnarrson is the best option.

We will lose count of the amount of times Fabregas skips past him after about 4 minutes.

moo
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by moo » 05 Nov 2007 23:27

LOL@more energy in the midfield by dropping Hunt. CBA to quote.

Readingfanman
Hob Nob Regular

by Readingfanman » 05 Nov 2007 23:48

Might have less energy in midfield , but more quality at least. Hunt is shite.