Final tickets

1424 posts
URZZ
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Final tickets

by URZZ » 21 May 2011 17:30

roadrunner Non members could miss out. Become a member and come and watch us more often then...

This ^

hatrick_hero

by hatrick_hero » 21 May 2011 17:30

I logged in this morning using my member card and booked two adult tickets but it never asked me for the other member card holders number or anything! just spoke to ticketzone customer services to check everything was ok and she said the booking is fine so maybe you dont need additional member card numbers after all!

The Prisoner
Hob Nob Regular

by The Prisoner » 21 May 2011 17:51

FWIW I just got through to their customer services within 30 seconds on the 01271 335701 number. They told me that none of the bookings made today will be downloaded to their server til tomorrow, and that is when they will process them and take money out of your account (or reserve it anyway - standard practice that it might not show as a transaction til Monday/Tuesday). If you have got a booking reference you will be fine, and (apparently) they will even try and call you if the payment card you entered has a problem.......

Decent people, just a shame they didn't have enough operators/band width today!

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 21 May 2011 17:58

The Prisoner FWIW I just got through to their customer services within 30 seconds on the 01271 335701 number. They told me that none of the bookings made today will be downloaded to their server til tomorrow, and that is when they will process them and take money out of your account (or reserve it anyway - standard practice that it might not show as a transaction til Monday/Tuesday). If you have got a booking reference you will be fine, and (apparently) they will even try and call you if the payment card you entered has a problem.......

Agree that if you can get to talk to them (and the 01271 335701 works well and doesn't cost extra) they are decent and very helpful people. The trouble is, their online booking system is complete and utter crap! It was promoted as being capable of being able to handle very high numbers of ticket sales in a short time and it clearly couldn't. Indeed, once you get onto the Reading FC (talent arena) booking system it is much better than TicketZone - none of the crashing, getting kicked off, seats that have been selected already being sold etc!

Glory Boy

by Glory Boy » 21 May 2011 18:33

Got mine at five. Only a trickle of people and no queues. According to the Salesgirl only a handful of Cat 4 left and a total 32.5k sold so far.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 21 May 2011 18:33

RoyalBlue
The Prisoner FWIW I just got through to their customer services within 30 seconds on the 01271 335701 number. They told me that none of the bookings made today will be downloaded to their server til tomorrow, and that is when they will process them and take money out of your account (or reserve it anyway - standard practice that it might not show as a transaction til Monday/Tuesday). If you have got a booking reference you will be fine, and (apparently) they will even try and call you if the payment card you entered has a problem.......

Agree that if you can get to talk to them (and the 01271 335701 works well and doesn't cost extra) they are decent and very helpful people. The trouble is, their online booking system is complete and utter crap! It was promoted as being capable of being able to handle very high numbers of ticket sales in a short time and it clearly couldn't. Indeed, once you get onto the Reading FC (talent arena) booking system it is much better than TicketZone - none of the crashing, getting kicked off, seats that have been selected already being sold etc!

Took me all of 5 minutes to purchase mine on it around lunch time today, did you clean out your cache and history as it recommends?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 21 May 2011 18:42

Huntley & Palmer
RoyalBlue

Took me all of 5 minutes to purchase mine on it around lunch time today, did you clean out your cache and history as it recommends?

Strange how I bought my tickets on Thursday (after 1hr 53 minutes of frustration with their shyte site) and was one of the first, if not the first to recommend clearing cache and history both on here and the OS live webchat! Their online system is awful compared to talentarena and there are many thousands of supporters who will no doubt attest to that!

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 21 May 2011 18:47

thing is why would TZ care? if RFC are playing at wembley again and TZ are selling tickets we will all buy a ticket wont we?

Maquisard

by Maquisard » 21 May 2011 18:52

Indeed, and I doubt the "administrators" will be checking every error message to see how to improve the system - probably wouldn't even look at more than the first 100, see they all say the same thing, and shrug

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 21 May 2011 18:59

SouthDownsRoyal thing is why would TZ care? if RFC are playing at wembley again and TZ are selling tickets we will all buy a ticket wont we?

Perhaps it's another one our FSF representative could take up with the FA/Wembley?

I'm sure Swansea's supporters' representative is getting the same feedback.

voyager1

by voyager1 » 21 May 2011 22:14

No profanity on this earth is sufficient to describe TicketZone.

I tried many times this morning to book and I was either placed in a queue - despite already getting past the membership/surname page and then when I went to order tickets, it told me the seats were sold. I thought I'd wait until this evening and now its saying they're not available online.

If there are 8,000 tickets left then why on earth are they taken offline?

An internet site is supposed to be 24 hours.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 21 May 2011 22:19

Online ticketing (despite the "big-up" on the official site) is evidently NOT the way ahead

£booking fees and postage to be added on too

voyager1

by voyager1 » 21 May 2011 22:20

The Ticketzone system actually says not available until 9am Sunday.

If they can't handle high volumes during the day then surely it would make sense to have the system running during the night to spread the demand rather than creating a 9am bottle neck.

Why on earth do they need to shut it during the night - do they have to put the server to bed or something?

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 21 May 2011 22:48

voyager1 The Ticketzone system actually says not available until 9am Sunday.

If they can't handle high volumes during the day then surely it would make sense to have the system running during the night to spread the demand rather than creating a 9am bottle neck.

Why on earth do they need to shut it during the night - do they have to put the server to bed or something?

It would be worth going on there a few minutes before 9:00am tomorrow as it may well let on book your tickets as others seem to have done today. Othere booked their tickets within minutes doing it that way.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 21 May 2011 23:25

voyager1 The Ticketzone system actually says not available until 9am Sunday.

I'd guess it goes with no / reduced tech support overnight and given it's a rancid pile of shit it's just not worth trying for the 5 minutes every couple of hours it might work for half a dozen people.

firstdivision

by firstdivision » 22 May 2011 09:24

If your business model is to sell tickets for major events, and you go to the trouble of getting in a good telephone system and employ really pleasant and helpful customer service advisers, why would you spoil it by having a very amateur on line ticketing system. The servers are hosted by another company (http://www.flinthosts.co.uk/) so either they have gone for a cut price shared service, or it isn't able to deal with the load.

A web service that grinds to its knees on day one, and throws up spurious errors on day 3 isnt a reflection of a professional setup.

So latest news is that there are @ 1000 tickets left on line, and I have now got mine for the whole family.

And I am getting one of my sales people to phone up and sell them some Netscalers. - Every cloud etc :)

Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Chaney » 22 May 2011 09:42

just taking a look at my ticket, didn`t` notce it before, but its just got READING/CARDIFF, don`t say who we are playing, not overly concerned because I got it from the ground but it does seem odd, are they all like this?

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 22 May 2011 09:47

Chaney just taking a look at my ticket, didn`t` notce it before, but its just got READING/CARDIFF, don`t say who we are playing, not overly concerned because I got it from the ground but it does seem odd, are they all like this?

Yes they are so nothing to worry about.

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 22 May 2011 10:00

Just been online to see if i get in, absolutely no problems at all! Cats 1 & 4 disappeared while I was on there and the only tickets left are for Cat 5 rows 25-27, ie crap seats so we're not doing that. Should have tried again last night but after everything yesterday morning and afternoon i'd had enough and felt depressed about the whole thing really. Not actually that fussed tbh, expected only a slim chance today or tomorrow and it feels like i've moved on from it all. Also means i can enjoy all the build up on TV and radio throughout the day.

leicsRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by leicsRoyal » 22 May 2011 10:12

KC Royal Just been online to see if i get in, absolutely no problems at all! Cats 1 & 4 disappeared while I was on there and the only tickets left are for Cat 5 rows 25-27, ie crap seats so we're not doing that. Should have tried again last night but after everything yesterday morning and afternoon i'd had enough and felt depressed about the whole thing really. Not actually that fussed tbh, expected only a slim chance today or tomorrow and it feels like i've moved on from it all. Also means i can enjoy all the build up on TV and radio throughout the day.

if you're really not bothered then fair enough however the build up on the TV and Radio will never compare to the build up of being involved in the day yourself. Yesterday you had decided not to go as you couldn't get through online or on the phone, today you've decided not to go after you have got straight through online :| please get your tickets now, while you can get straight online and tickets are available, it will save you posting that you wanted to go but now they are sold out!

by the way, there are no crap seats at Wembley, some preffered maybe.

1424 posts