Hob Nob Regular

Re: Weekend Football

by BRO_BOT » 15 May 2024 21:17

8)

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 May 2024 21:19

genome Anyway, just trying to lend a different perspective so maybe we could have a bit of a different conversation other than "lol Spurs" all the time, and I thought I presented a pretty well-reasoned argument.

I'm sorry none of us can understand a football rivalry because we're not proper fans like your Landan mates.

BRO_BOT
Hob Nob Regular

by BRO_BOT » 15 May 2024 21:44

8)

BRO_BOT
Hob Nob Regular

by BRO_BOT » 15 May 2024 21:51

:cry:

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 15 May 2024 21:52

Fragile United under the cosh.

BRO_BOT
Hob Nob Regular

by BRO_BOT » 15 May 2024 21:57

BRO_BOT
Hob Nob Regular

by BRO_BOT » 15 May 2024 21:58

NathStPaul Fragile United under the cosh.

fark off!

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 16 May 2024 07:44

Snowflake Royal
genome Anyway, just trying to lend a different perspective so maybe we could have a bit of a different conversation other than "lol Spurs" all the time, and I thought I presented a pretty well-reasoned argument.

I'm sorry none of us can understand a football rivalry because we're not proper fans like your Landan mates.

The big irony is that it's actually paying Arsenal a massive compliment.

Postecoglu's right though,you just don't entertain that mentality when you're used to winning.
Last edited by From Despair To Where? on 16 May 2024 08:01, edited 1 time in total.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 16 May 2024 07:55

I guess former Celtic manager Postecoglu doesn't understand big rivalries then?

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 16 May 2024 07:56

BRO_BOT
NathStPaul Fragile United under the cosh.

fark off!

By the way, you mentioned that you needed to win 27-0 to go above Newcastle

Two things …
1. shirley, it could only have been 14-0
2. What happened ?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 16 May 2024 08:40

Don't really care who wins the PL but it will be objectively hilarious after all the Spurs fans wanting to lose fall out. if the following scores (or similar) happen at the weekend:

Man City 1 West Ham 1
Arsenal 2 Everton 0

and Arsenal win the title anyway - and Spurs fans getting shit from Arsenal fans for how they tried to give Citeh the league but fcuked it up.

Am fully expecting City to be 3 up in about 30 mins and coast the rest of the afternoon whilst Arsenal cut an ever more dejected figure and Everton score a late winner as a result.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 16 May 2024 09:33

Oliver Glasner is quietly doing things at Palace. Just three defeats in 12 since he joined, and they have beaten Liverpool, Newcastle and United in recent weeks. Talented core to their side in Johnstone, Guehi, Eze, Doucoure, Olise, Mateta.

Have to say fair play to Chelsea and Pochettino, too. They seem to have found a formula that works, and have now lost just once in 14 games. They should secure 6th spot* at home to Bournemouth on Sunday, which looked well beyond them a few months ago.

*It would of course be objectively hilarious if Spurs managed to lose at home to Sheffield United, and Chelsea snuck into fifth and the Europa League.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 16 May 2024 09:37

6th will get Europa League too, if City win the cup final

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 16 May 2024 09:39

From Despair To Where?
South Coast Royal
genome
You are comparing something halfway through a season (in December no less) to the penultimate game where a title outcome would become a certainty depending on the result. It's completely different, not even remotely comparable. If the Spurs vs City game happened as regularly scheduled months ago, this whole conversation would not have been a thing at all.

Also the Liverpool vs Everton rivalry is pretty tepid but that's a different point

I wouldn't call it tepid.
It has become a little less antagonistic because for so many years now the two clubs have operated at different ends to the table and that looks likely to be the case for some time to come.

BTW it is only Everton that somehow think that they are "The people's club" in the city, something they made up themselves to make them feel better and to try and counter the worldwide support now enjoyed by the Super Reds.
Perhaps Spurs' fans might do the same as just chanting "yid army" doesn't seem to have done the trick.

Everton do a fcuk of a lot more work in the community than Liverpool so they do take being the "People's Club" quite seriously.

So have Liverpool always done but don't feel the need to shout about it.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 16 May 2024 09:40

Sanguine Have to say fair play to Chelsea and Pochettino, too. They seem to have found a formula that works, and have now lost just once in 14 games

Wolves seem to be the mirror image to Chelsea. O'Neil was getting tons of praise earlier in the season for the work he was doing there, but their end of season has been abysmal.

2 wins in the last 10 games, and only Shef Utd & Luton have done worse than them in that time

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 16 May 2024 09:41

South Coast Royal
From Despair To Where?
South Coast Royal
I wouldn't call it tepid.
It has become a little less antagonistic because for so many years now the two clubs have operated at different ends to the table and that looks likely to be the case for some time to come.

BTW it is only Everton that somehow think that they are "The people's club" in the city, something they made up themselves to make them feel better and to try and counter the worldwide support now enjoyed by the Super Reds.
Perhaps Spurs' fans might do the same as just chanting "yid army" doesn't seem to have done the trick.

Everton do a fcuk of a lot more work in the community than Liverpool so they do take being the "People's Club" quite seriously.

Read my post again.

And Everton don't particularly shout about it either. You need to take your red blinkers off and acknowledge that Inthe past 40 years, Liverpool's focus has always been more beyond the city.
Last edited by From Despair To Where? on 16 May 2024 09:46, edited 3 times in total.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 16 May 2024 09:43

Would it be going too far to say the 3 relegated teams from the PL this season are the 3 worst promoted sides (as a collective) we have seen so far?

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 16 May 2024 09:44

From Despair To Where?
South Coast Royal
From Despair To Where?

Read my post again.

Have re-read-Liverpool have always done loads in the community but don't feel the need to adopt a self-proclaimed nonsense nomenclature.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 16 May 2024 09:50

Winston Biscuit Would it be going too far to say the 3 relegated teams from the PL this season are the 3 worst promoted sides (as a collective) we have seen so far?

Yep. And that's wholly by design. The system is oxf*rd. Two of the teams that narrowly escaped the drop only did so by breaking 'financial sustainability rules'. It's all screwed. An ESL is inevitable.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 16 May 2024 09:59

Sanguine
Winston Biscuit Would it be going too far to say the 3 relegated teams from the PL this season are the 3 worst promoted sides (as a collective) we have seen so far?

Yep. And that's wholly by design. The system is oxf*rd. Two of the teams that narrowly escaped the drop only did so by breaking 'financial sustainability rules'. It's all screwed. An ESL is inevitable.

I would quite like the EFL to see this as an opportunity and start diverging away from PL decision making and try to keep the game as people have always liked it. I think a lot of football fans are becoming more and more disillusioned with the PL, and the PL clubs care less and less about the match going public and the home TV deal. EFL, along with the clubs, need to seize the opportunity and push themselves as the place to watch traditional and authentic football

6088 posts