Mon 6th Frome Town v Bristol Manor Farm

ISTHMIAN League POs

IL1-South East PO Result
Fri 3rd Three Bridges 0-5 Chichester City

IL1-North PO Result
Bowers & Pitsea 1-1 Brentwood Town – B&P win 3-2 pens

IL1-South Central PO Result
Sun 5th Marlow 3-1 Leatherhead – att 1,589
- Got to this – club were advising all to arrive early and extra parking sites were arranged, as well as two additional outside bars and hot food outlets. Understandably queues were pretty large once the game got going.
- On the field was an even-match until Marlow turned up the power in the 2nd half
- in open play there was little to chose between them, indeed the ‘Tanners’ threatened more as the Blues midfield seemed a bit over-run/error prone. Game developed into a bit of a ‘slugfest’ up to half-time but no punches were landing.
- Top-scorer Rogalski cut a sorry figure up front as Marlow couldn’t get him in to effective positions.
- ‘Barts’ and his coaches must have tweaked something and somehow pressed higher up, resulting in three goals from set-pieces in a 10’ spell shortly after the break - including the 3rd for Rogalski sweeping in a volley from a knock down -which cheered him up no end! :mrgreen:
- The visitors’ goal was scrambled home on 87’ but no further alarms. ‘Blues’ saw the game out, ensuring play was broken-up wherever possible, whereupon the game got a shade niggly.

IL Premier PO
Mon 6th Chatham Town v Enfield Town

Northern League PO
Mon 6th Macclesfield v Marine

CCL-PN POs
Bedfont Sports 5-2 Reading City – att 263
Rayners Lane 4-0 Holyport

CCL-PS POs
Jersey Bulls 1-2 AFC Croydon Athletic – att 1,025
Knaphill 2-0 Tadley Calleva

CCL-1 POs
British Airways 2-0 RB Kensington – will host Berks County in the Final at The Orchard - I've seen somewhere that might be this Tue evening?
Neither CCL Premier PO Final dates posted up yet .......

EDIT : Berks County currently shown on the FA FullTime CCL site as being AWAY at London Samurai (Hanworth V.) that evening in the Div One Cup ? :?

EDIT 2 : - CCL Pitchero site now showing ALL THREE PO Finals for this Tuesday 7th May (tomorrow):
CCL-PN PO Rayners Lane v Bedfont Sports
CCL-PS PO Knaphill v AFC Croydon Athletic
CCL-1 PO British Airways v Berks County

Berks County 2-1 Eversley & California -att 270 @ Ascot
Was at this, took an easy option rather than a ‘distant’ field or a scramble for tickets/parking at one of the POs
- had been an EBFA event there and an u-15 game followed the PO on the main pitch. Large crowd boosted by those families that stayed on, or by those arriving for the later final – think it also involved a Berks Co rep. side too.
- even contest but ‘Swords’ had a bit more up front – E&C were too late with their more adventurous approach – goal in stoppage time
- disappointing for them especially as they were up against 10 men for most for the 2nd half – Sid Gbla picked up a 2nd Yellow on 52’ with the score at 0-0.

League
CCL-PN
Ardley United 1-1 Virginia Water
CCL-1
Holmer Green 3-2 Brook House
Woodley United 3-0 London Samurai Rovers – official attendance given as 34 – United supposed to be at home on Monday PM too vs Oxhey Jets
EDIT - Match OFF failed Inspection @ 11:30 this AM (B/H Mon)

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: The Non - League thread

by NathStPaul » 06 May 2024 21:13

Four Of Clubs Results Saturday 4th/Sunday 5th May

NATIONAL League POs

NAT-North Result
Brackley Town 1-2 Boston United

NAT Result
Sun 5th Bromley 2-2 Solihull Moors - AET (FT 2-2) Bromley win 4-3 on pens

NAT-South
Mon 6th Worthing v Braintree Town

Southern League POs
SLP-Central
Mon 6th AFC Telford United v Leamington

SLP-South
Mon 6th AFC Totton v Salisbury

SL1-Central
Mon 6th Bedford Town v Waltham Abbey

SL1-South
Mon 6th Frome Town v Bristol Manor Farm

ISTHMIAN League POs

IL1-South East PO Result
Fri 3rd Three Bridges 0-5 Chichester City

IL1-North PO Result
Bowers & Pitsea 1-1 Brentwood Town – B&P win 3-2 pens

- Got to this – club were advising all to arrive early and extra parking sites were arranged, as well as two additional outside bars and hot food outlets. Understandably queues were pretty large once the game got going.
- On the field was an even-match until Marlow turned up the power in the 2nd half
- in open play there was little to chose between them, indeed the ‘Tanners’ threatened more as the Blues midfield seemed a bit over-run/error prone. Game developed into a bit of a ‘slugfest’ up to half-time but no punches were landing.
- Top-scorer Rogalski cut a sorry figure up front as Marlow couldn’t get him in to effective positions.
- ‘Barts’ and his coaches must have tweaked something and somehow pressed higher up, resulting in three goals from set-pieces in a 10’ spell shortly after the break - including the 3rd for Rogalski sweeping in a volley from a knock down -which cheered him up no end! :mrgreen:
- The visitors’ goal was scrambled home on 87’ but no further alarms. ‘Blues’ saw the game out, ensuring play was broken-up wherever possible, whereupon the game got a shade niggly.

IL Premier PO
Mon 6th Chatham Town v Enfield Town

Northern League PO
Mon 6th Macclesfield v Marine

CCL-PN POs
Bedfont Sports 5-2 Reading City – att 263
Rayners Lane 4-0 Holyport

CCL-PS POs
Jersey Bulls 1-2 AFC Croydon Athletic – att 1,025
Knaphill 2-0 Tadley Calleva

CCL-1 POs
British Airways 2-0 RB Kensington – will host Berks County in the Final at The Orchard - I've seen somewhere that might be this Tue evening?
Neither CCL Premier PO Final dates posted up yet .......

EDIT : Berks County currently shown on the FA FullTime CCL site as being AWAY at London Samurai (Hanworth V.) that evening in the Div One Cup ? :?

EDIT 2 : - CCL Pitchero site now showing ALL THREE PO Finals for this Tuesday 7th May (tomorrow):
CCL-PN PO Rayners Lane v Bedfont Sports
CCL-PS PO Knaphill v AFC Croydon Athletic
CCL-1 PO British Airways v Berks County

Berks County 2-1 Eversley & California -att 270 @ Ascot
Was at this, took an easy option rather than a ‘distant’ field or a scramble for tickets/parking at one of the POs
- had been an EBFA event there and an u-15 game followed the PO on the main pitch. Large crowd boosted by those families that stayed on, or by those arriving for the later final – think it also involved a Berks Co rep. side too.
- even contest but ‘Swords’ had a bit more up front – E&C were too late with their more adventurous approach – goal in stoppage time
- disappointing for them especially as they were up against 10 men for most for the 2nd half – Sid Gbla picked up a 2nd Yellow on 52’ with the score at 0-0.

League
CCL-PN
Ardley United 1-1 Virginia Water
CCL-1
Holmer Green 3-2 Brook House
Woodley United 3-0 London Samurai Rovers – official attendance given as 34 – United supposed to be at home on Monday PM too vs Oxhey Jets
EDIT - Match OFF failed Inspection @ 11:30 this AM (B/H Mon)

The Berks County play off final is definitely tomorrow as it stands. I believe there was some talk about them asking the league to move it back a day to Wednesday but it fell on deaf ears so I'm told.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 07 May 2024 08:08

I am flying up the M4 later to go to the British Airways v Berks County play-off final. BA ground share with Bedfont FC & social club at the Orchard which will be a new ground for me.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 07 May 2024 08:55

NathStPaul
Four Of Clubs Results Saturday 4th/Sunday 5th May

Chris Kelly, Dicky Guy, your boys took a hell of a beating!

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 07 May 2024 10:59

Royals and Racers I am flying up the M4 later to go to the British Airways v Berks County play-off final. BA ground share with Bedfont FC & social club at the Orchard which will be a new ground for me.

If I emerge unscathed early enough from today's work :| - I may well make the effort too - is top of my list of probables.

Knaphill v AFC Croydon - another club with 'celeb' fans behind them - was the other main option as it has 'something on it' .
The thought of trying to park around the Brookwood Country park for a big crowd there, is a bit off-putting - although the ground & facilities are pretty decent for STEP05. I have already been earlier this season.

Most of the other local choices are 'silly season' or end of season 'catch-ups' / sundry Cup ties.

The Orchard is/was (on my last visit) a slightly run-down 'scummier' neighbour to Bedfont Sports - literally right next door.
They (Sports) have been higher up the Pyramid of late and are in their own play-off this evening up at Rayners Lane - so mercifully NOT at home as they were on Sat PM.
- the Bedfont Sports social club is far more luxurious than Bedfont's - as is the ground which they've worked wonders with and not just the 3G surface.
I don't think their lodgers (Deportivo) are at home either but as a 3G surface it does get a lot of use - and may have been hired for another game?

Neither club involved tonight in the CCL-1 PO are that well supported ...usually .... but all the NL PO attendances have been surprisingly large - reflecting an upturn in interest in non-league - with most of the upper level finals selling out.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 07 May 2024 11:53

Four Of Clubs
Royals and Racers I am flying up the M4 later to go to the British Airways v Berks County play-off final. BA ground share with Bedfont FC & social club at the Orchard which will be a new ground for me.

If I emerge unscathed early enough from today's work :| - I may well make the effort too - is top of my list of probables.

Knaphill v AFC Croydon - another club with 'celeb' fans behind them - was the other main option as it has 'something on it' .
The thought of trying to park around the Brookwood Country park for a big crowd there, is a bit off-putting - although the ground & facilities are pretty decent for STEP05. I have already been earlier this season.

Most of the other local choices are 'silly season' or end of season 'catch-ups' / sundry Cup ties.

The Orchard is/was (on my last visit) a slightly run-down 'scummier' neighbour to Bedfont Sports - literally right next door.
They (Sports) have been higher up the Pyramid of late and are in their own play-off this evening up at Rayners Lane - so mercifully NOT at home as they were on Sat PM.
- the Bedfont Sports social club is far more luxurious than Bedfont's - as is the ground which they've worked wonders with and not just the 3G surface.
I don't think their lodgers (Deportivo) are at home either but as a 3G surface it does get a lot of use - and may have been hired for another game?

Neither club involved tonight in the CCL-1 PO are that well supported ...usually .... but all the NL PO attendances have been surprisingly large - reflecting an upturn in interest in non-league - with most of the upper level finals selling out.

2235 at the Frome game my mate went to yesterday.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 08 May 2024 08:17

Four Of Clubs

Did you make it to Bedfont ? Not the greatest game i have ever seen- decent crowd in. Penalties the highlight.
Think i might have seen you- did you walk up and down the side opposite the dug- outs a few times ?( long hair) My mate who was at Ascot and Marlow at the weekend said he had seen you at both- so i am putting 2+ 2 together :D

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 09 May 2024 07:51

Btc senior cup final will be between Finchampstead ( 3-2 winners in the semi last night) and Burghfield.
Match is at SCL stadium on Friday 17th May KO 7pm

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 09 May 2024 23:56

Yup t'was me skulking about at Bedfont on Tue evening - shame the 'Swords' couldn't get over the line - thought they were the only one's trying to force a result in the 2nd half.
Now read on NLM that both teams were almost certainly up on PPG anyway - and they may well have known that beforehand.
Possibly why only Sam Day looked distraught following his miss at 7-6 - and why BA seemed to be so unadventurous.

Attendance was 450 plus and reportedly they only printed 35 programmes? :?

My future hopping days were under serious threat too: :shock: encountered some lethal cone deployment on the A329(M) nr Winnersh .....and no signs warning the road was actually closed altogether at that point!
:evil:

Royals and Racers Btc senior cup final will be between Finchampstead ( 3-2 winners in the semi last night) and Burghfield.
Match is at SCL stadium on Friday 17th May KO 7pm

..and I was there too! :D Thoroughly entertaining tussle - thought it would be a procession after 12' when 'Finch' raced to a 2-0 lead.
'Town' kept battling away and their sub (no 21) grabbed one back for a really decent last 10-15' spell. It looked as if they might force a draw & pens - before a late third for 'Finch' almost on FT.
Still time for the no 21 to get his 2nd in stoppage time.

Here's some 'scrapes and dregs' for this Saturday ....

Fixtures Saturday 11th May

CCL-Premier Cup Q-Fs
Bedfont Sports v Hilltop
Langley v Tadley Calleva @ Uxbridge - reports of a nasty incident close to FT at Tadley tonight, in their tie vs Woodley (W2-1)
- involving the visitors' bench scrapping with home players/fans?
:roll:
Burnham and VW thru to S-Fs - due Tue 14th - winners of 1st tie above host Burnham :
VW home to the other Q-F winners. Their Q-F game this week vs Bedfont FC was abandoned due to yet another floodlight failure at Stag Meadow but was sufficiently late in the game for Bedfont rather sensibly, to allow VW, who were 2-0 up, to progress.

CCL-1 Cup rounds a bit staggered
Q-F Molesey v Hillingdon Borough - winners host Amersham in S-F
S-F London Samurai Rovers/Berks County v Westside
- bit of a mess here as neither LS nor BC reportedly wanted to play this Thu evening @ Hanworth V. so that Q-F (?) tie didn't get played. I'm assuming if 'no fault attributed' then they'll have to play it or one or both will scratch? I'll dig about and see if anything has been decided/disclosed yet.....
...chappy on NLM - who 'runs' that thread - reckons LSR are most likely to be the ones who may have pulled out ?

Aldershot & District FA
Mark Coombs Cup

15:00 Liphook United v Hartley Wintney Dev @ Aldershot FC
Sat. Junior Cup
10:30 Woking Vets v Farnborough NE Ath @ Aldershot FC

North Berks League Cup
18:30 Woodcote v Berinsfield @ Abingdon Town

TVL-P
13:00 Reading YMCA v AFC Winkfield @ Cauldron Padworth
(double-header YMCA Reserves (‘Rapids’) v Burghfield Res – game KO at 16:00)
14:00 Finchampstead v Burghfield
14:00 Windsor & Eton v Reading City u23

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 13 May 2024 10:36

Results Saturday 11th May

CCL-P Q-F
Bedfont Sports {SEVEN} 7-2 Hilltop
Langley 5-2 Tadley Calleva
Molesey 1-1 Hillingdon Borough – 3-0 pens
London Samurai Rovers 2-3 Westside

Semi-Finals (Tuesday 14th May)
Bedfont Sports v Burnham
Virginia Water v Langley - @ Ashford T (Mx) :VENUE CHANGE

CCL-1 Cup Division One Semi-Finals (Tuesday 14th May)
Westside v Amersham Town - @ Cobham FC : VENUE CHANGE
Yateley Utd v Molesey

NOTE previous info re draw for last 4 of the Div One Cup was incorrect and the venues for both competitions are being adjusted 'on the hoof' - detail of the Finals will be (re-)released on Wed
- both WERE scheduled to be at Sheerwater FC on successive weekends but things have changed now.
-It could well be the League may arrange a 'double -header' there or at a different single venue for the Prem & Div One Finals.

Aldershot & District FA @ Aldershot FC
Mark Coombs Cup
Liphook United 4-1 Hartley Wintney Dev
Sat. Junior Cup
Woking Vets 0-2 Farnborough NE Ath

NBerks League Cup
Woodcote 2-2 Berinsfield 2-4 pens

TVL-P
Reading YMCA 2-2 AFC Winkfield
Finchampstead 1-2 Burghfield
Windsor & Eton {SEVEN} 7-1 Reading City u23

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 17 May 2024 15:53

Southern League Premier South 24/25 season
Afc Totton
Basingstoke
Bracknell
Chertsey
Dorchester
Frome
Gloucester
Gosport
Hanwell
Havant & Waterlooville
Hungerford
Marlow
Merthyr
Plymouth Parkway
Poole
Sholing
Swindon Supermarine
Taunton
Tiverton
Walton & Hersham
Wimbourne
Winchester

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 17 May 2024 15:54

Berks County first team managers step down.

Absolutely no idea who is in the frame to take over.........

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 17 May 2024 16:21

Southern league- South
Bashley
Bemerton Heath
Bideford
Bishops Cleeve
Bristol Manor Farm
Cinderford
Cribbs
Didcot
Evesham
Exmouth
Falmouth
Helston
Larkhall
Malvern
Melksham
Mousehole
Shaftsbury
Tavistock
Thatcham
Westbury
Willand
Yate

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 17 May 2024 16:29

Isthmian league South Central
Ascot
Ashford ( Middx)
Badshot Lea
Binfield
Farnham
Guernsey
Hanworth
Harrow
Hartley Wintney
Hayes & Yeading
Horndean
Kingstonian
Leatherhead
Met Police
Moneyfields
Rayners Lane
Raynes Park Vale
South Park
Southall
Sutton Common
Uxbridge
Westfield

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 17 May 2024 17:23

Presume Gloucester will be the name to beat in the SLPS.

Nice to see an increase in Cornish sides in the SLS division.

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 18 May 2024 01:02

CCL in a right mess again....

Premier Cup Final on Sat 18th postponed as Bedfont Sports have now withdrawn having fielded an ineligible player in an earlier round.

Semi-final now scheduled @ Sheerwater for Sat 18/05 - between re-instated Burnham and beaten Q-Fs Hilltop.

VW await the winners whenever/wherever that will be. :?

Watched the TVL Senior Final tonight (Fri) at the SCL - Finch beaten 0-2 by Burghfield

Senior Sunday Final set for NEXT Fri BAPCO v GC Utd 24/05 @ SCL. 19:00 KO - If they can manage the queues .... :roll:

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 18 May 2024 07:34

Cirencester Town have asked for and received voluntary demotion from the Southern league. Looks like it’s the Hellenic league for them.

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 18 May 2024 22:38

Royals and Racers Cirencester Town have asked for and received voluntary demotion from the Southern league. Looks like it’s the Hellenic league for them.

...seemed fairly obvious that they were in the cross-hairs for an enforced transfer back west : SL1S. Expect they anticipated and baulked at the eye-watering travelling overheads compared to the Central Division?

Dodging that by requesting voluntary demotion, brings the next two candidates into view hence Didcot and Thatcham. The SL1-S ran one short last year with the resignation of Hamworthy.

Thatcham have appealed the move........doubt Didcot are too happy either but had a fairly extensive footprint to move around in last year in the SL-P - so may have budgeted for something similar?

I'm still expecting North Leigh to reconsider their position at STEP04 for 24-25 , unless they have plans to recruit a viable squad to compete at that level.

~~~~~~~~
Burnham won the restaged CCL-Premier Cup S-F today (Sat) beating Hilltop 1-0 at Sheerwater - expect the details of the final to be released in the next couple of days. They face Virginia Water in that.

The FA Cup Final being held at 15:00 next Saturday - may well have befuddled the CCL Cups Committee rather - they'd already booked the D1 One Cup Final for that time .... so not sure when or where they'll fit the Premier match.

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 19 May 2024 15:34

Four Of Clubs
Royals and Racers Cirencester Town have asked for and received voluntary demotion from the Southern league. Looks like it’s the Hellenic league for them.

...seemed fairly obvious that they were in the cross-hairs for an enforced transfer back west : SL1S. Expect they anticipated and baulked at the eye-watering travelling overheads compared to the Central Division?

Dodging that by requesting voluntary demotion, brings the next two candidates into view hence Didcot and Thatcham. The SL1-S ran one short last year with the resignation of Hamworthy.

Thatcham have appealed the move........doubt Didcot are too happy either but had a fairly extensive footprint to move around in last year in the SL-P - so may have budgeted for something similar?

I'm still expecting North Leigh to reconsider their position at STEP04 for 24-25 , unless they have plans to recruit a viable squad to compete at that level.

Based on what Didcot put on Twitter, it doesn't seem like they're considering an appeal. I wonder what their stance would be if Thatcham do get moved.

Is it the case all divisions have to have 22 teams? Does seem like there needs to be more variability in the size of divisions (say between 20-24 clubs).

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 19 May 2024 17:18

Clyde1998 Based on what Didcot put on Twitter, it doesn't seem like they're considering an appeal. I wonder what their stance would be if Thatcham do get moved.

Is it the case all divisions have to have 22 teams? Does seem like there needs to be more variability in the size of divisions (say between 20-24 clubs).

....not too certain but that might be the aim - STEP04 in the 'south'- so Isthmian and Southern, started last season with divisions of 19, three 20s and a 21. Not checked on the projected versions posted so far for 24-25.

-------------
CCL-P gain two relegated clubs Cor-Cas and Chipstead possibly both to South section.
AFC Whyteleafe transfer in to CCL-PS from SCEFL Div One.

They 'lose' Flackwell, Rayners Lane, Farnham and AFC Croydon

Promoted from CCL-1 should be Amersham & British Airways - the Berks Co managerial change news earlier this week, suggesting that they may NOT be up on PPG as was the rumour? I'll keep looking.......

Relegated from CCL-P were Chalfont St P and CWU. Not seen info on anyone else going down too - the various league sources were slightly at odds on this.

Currently Four new clubs in at CCL-1 : Belstone (Herts Co.) PFC Victoria (from Middx Co.) Staines Lammas (from Surrey Premier Co.) and of course Windsor & Eton from TVL-P

They've not mentioned anyone leaving (dropping down to STEP07/County level) that I have seen ..... could be as many as three: Bagshot, Holmer Green & Edgware & Kingsbury. :?:

---------------
The CCL-P Cup Final goes ahead this Wed 22nd May between Burnham and Virginia Water @ Ascot Utd FC. KO 19:45.
...very sensible choice of venue. 8)

10601 posts