Tiago llori

215 posts
Old Man Andrews

Re: Tiago llori

by Old Man Andrews » 28 Jan 2019 11:22

Annoyingly 25% of the fee goes to Liverpool.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 28 Jan 2019 11:25

Old Man Andrews Annoyingly 25% of the fee goes to Liverpool.

Is it a straightforward 25% of the fee then? Because isn't it normally of the profit made?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 28 Jan 2019 11:27

Not too sure, just saw a Tweet by a journalist working for ESPN.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 28 Jan 2019 11:41

Old Man Andrews Not too sure, just saw a Tweet by a journalist working for ESPN.

Portuguese sources seem to reckon the fee to be around 2.4m Euros, so if the Liverpool sell on clause is accurate Reading will be left with around 1.8m Euros which I think is approx. £1.5m in proper money.

I wonder if the original fee Reading paid for him (approx. £3m) was all up front or if part of it was conditional on certain targets being reached.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 28 Jan 2019 11:54

Sutekh
Old Man Andrews Not too sure, just saw a Tweet by a journalist working for ESPN.

Portuguese sources seem to reckon the fee to be around 2.4m Euros, so if the Liverpool sell on clause is accurate Reading will be left with around 1.8m Euros which I think is approx. £1.5m in proper money.

I wonder if the original fee Reading paid for him (approx. £3m) was all up front or if part of it was conditional on certain targets being reached.

Surely there would have been a promotion clause in there? Or am I just assuming life is like Football Manager now...

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Jan 2019 13:13

Expect he is on tidy wages as well. 2m or so would be reasonable

no sell on apparently

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/f ... o-15741919

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 28 Jan 2019 13:23

Hound Expect he is on tidy wages as well. 2m or so would be reasonable

no sell on apparently

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/f ... o-15741919

it's amusing that the Echo are reporting it as though the 25% would mean anything to Liverpool. It would barely pay Salah wages for a couple of weeks.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 28 Jan 2019 13:27

This does worry me a bit for next season once all the loans go back, oshea and mcshane run out of contract and we only have Moore as a senior centre back. I get the feeling this is a bit short sighted unless any of the U23s look like they are going to suddenly push up I dont know enough about them.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 28 Jan 2019 13:33

linkenholtroyal This does worry me a bit for next season once all the loans go back, oshea and mcshane run out of contract and we only have Moore as a senior centre back. I get the feeling this is a bit short sighted unless any of the U23s look like they are going to suddenly push up I dont know enough about them.

If we're L1 next season, Moore will be going (and good luck to him) - but I think McIntyre, Osho, and Holmes should be good enough. It's more a question of leadership then though.

Staying in the championship has to be more important priority than what happens in the summer.

Maybe have an option to buy on Miazga?

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 28 Jan 2019 14:17

muirinho
Old Man Andrews Annoyingly 25% of the fee goes to Liverpool.

Is it a straightforward 25% of the fee then? Because isn't it normally of the profit made?

It is only if we make a profit on him which we won't at 2.4m Euros.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 28 Jan 2019 14:30

linkenholtroyal This does worry me a bit for next season once all the loans go back, oshea and mcshane run out of contract and we only have Moore as a senior centre back. I get the feeling this is a bit short sighted unless any of the U23s look like they are going to suddenly push up I dont know enough about them.

We are able to buy players to fill positions.

It won't suddenly come to the start of the season and we go 'oh shit, we've got no defenders, what do we do?'

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 28 Jan 2019 14:34

Hendo

It won't suddenly come to the start of the season and we go 'oh shit, we've got no defenders, what do we do?'

Yeah its not like McShane and O'Shea are the pillars in our defence anyway. Literally would't notice if they went except a few token bench appearances.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 28 Jan 2019 14:52

Hendo

Agreed but.....
We are not exactly flush and would 2.4 million euros likely buy us anything better come the end of the season. He is/was a good option to play in defence over the likes of O’Shea and mcshane and what if Miazga gets injured or is sh1t. I think it is a very big risk actually. I also think for the record we should never have got rid of cooper either he would have been a brilliant partner for Moore. Hindsight is a wonderful thing though eh.
I think if we do have a choice we should be trying to keep him or find another permenant replacement now aswell.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 28 Jan 2019 14:58

linkenholtroyal
Hendo

Agreed but.....
We are not exactly flush and would 2.4 million euros likely buy us anything better come the end of the season. He is/was a good option to play in defence over the likes of O’Shea and mcshane and what if Miazga gets injured or is sh1t. I think it is a very big risk actually. I also think for the record we should never have got rid of cooper either he would have been a brilliant partner for Moore. Hindsight is a wonderful thing though eh.
I think if we do have a choice we should be trying to keep him or find another permenant replacement now aswell.

Now is not the time to buy permanent players. Who knows who they are looking at for the summer, but that is a whole different question.

Based on performances to date, Ilori is not going to be more than a reasonably competent championship defender. We have three of our own coming through who I think will at least match that level. And who won't be sulking because they were denied a move to a team and style of play that suits them better. Blackett is fine as a CB also.

we could certainly pick up someone the standard of McShane and O Shea on a free transfer in the summer. The McShane of 2-3 years ago cost as nothing, as far as I recall. So we don't even necessarily have to buy.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 28 Jan 2019 15:03

linkenholtroyal
Hendo

Agreed but.....

Moore cost £1m, there are bargains to be had, you just have to know where to look.

I am sure there will be players in Europe we have identified, that none of us are even aware of yet, unless your name is Old Man Andrews who has an encyclopedic knowledge of all European football leagues.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 28 Jan 2019 15:47

Hopefully our FFP situation isn't too bad and the owners will just spend what is necessary.

Either that or we bring in more loans next season. It's not ideal but it's a viable path towards promotion.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Jan 2019 15:55

Pretty sure there are decent champ CBs out there for 1m or so if you look hard enough

If Moore hangs around + Osho and McIntyre (and maybe Holmes) should be fine really

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 28 Jan 2019 16:00

Hound Pretty sure there are decent champ CBs out there for 1m or so if you look hard enough

If Moore hangs around + Osho and McIntyre (and maybe Holmes) should be fine really

Our CB options are fine, would rather we give game time to our youth in that position.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 28 Jan 2019 16:04

Blackett, Moore, Miazga, McShane, Osho, McIntyre

We're well stocked there. I'd like a left-back before the window closes but not sure they are after one.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 28 Jan 2019 17:06

genome I'd like a left-back before the window closes but not sure they are after one.

I think they prolly are, as are many teams. I'd imagine most teams are usually on the lookout. Finding/signing one is another matter.
In an ideal world, Richards would develop and we'd be set for a few years...
Last edited by Denver Royal on 28 Jan 2019 17:11, edited 1 time in total.

215 posts