Rumour - Reece Brown

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Rumour - Reece Brown

by Sutekh » 23 Apr 2019 08:12

Can’t see a thread on this one - both Reading and Bristol City are rumoured to be interested in FGR’s 23 yr old midfielder

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/mo-ei ... ng-switch/

Old Man Andrews

Re: Rumour - Reece Brown

by Old Man Andrews » 23 Apr 2019 08:34

Would be a huge error to take anyone from that low down the ladder and lets face it, doesn't get much lower than Forest Green does it? Anyone could go in and look decent on loan.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 23 Apr 2019 11:46

Is he a vegan?

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 23 Apr 2019 13:49

leon Is he a vegan?

His day time diet will be as they only serve vegan food at the training ground.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 23 Apr 2019 13:54

Sutekh Can’t see a thread on this one - both Reading and Bristol City are rumoured to be interested in FGR’s 23 yr old midfielder

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/mo-ei ... ng-switch/

Do you get the impression that the writer doesn't like Bristol City much?

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 23 Apr 2019 14:20

[quote="Old Man Andrews"]Would be a huge error to take anyone from that low down the ladder and lets face it, doesn't get much lower than Forest Green does it? Anyone could go in and look decent on loan.[/quote

There is plenty lower than FGR isn't there? They are in the play offs so could be in the same division that we were very nearly in next season. I think they have done quite well, seeing as they have only been in the League for only a short time. Just because they come a very small village, that you would have to look up on Google Maps, if we were to play them, dosn't mean they are as low as you think they are. Have a look at their table and see how many "established" League teams are below them.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 23 Apr 2019 16:48

The Royal Forester
Old Man Andrews Would be a huge error to take anyone from that low down the ladder and lets face it, doesn't get much lower than Forest Green does it? Anyone could go in and look decent on loan.[/quote

There is plenty lower than FGR isn't there? They are in the play offs so could be in the same division that we were very nearly in next season. I think they have done quite well, seeing as they have only been in the League for only a short time. Just because they come a very small village, that you would have to look up on Google Maps, if we were to play them, dosn't mean they are as low as you think they are. Have a look at their table and see how many "established" League teams are below them.

Hi Double D!

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 24 Apr 2019 06:34

John Smith
leon Is he a vegan?

Apparently the squad all meet up at Greggs for a Steak Bake before and after training.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 24 Apr 2019 07:25

Old Man Andrews Would be a huge error to take anyone from that low down the ladder and lets face it, doesn't get much lower than Forest Green does it? Anyone could go in and look decent on loan.

Indeed, we should stick to scouting round the Wessex league for our midfielders....

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 24 Apr 2019 09:14

From Despair To Where?
John Smith
leon Is he a vegan?

Apparently the squad all meet up at Greggs for a Steak Bake before and after training.

Haha - I'd do that regardless of if I was playing for Forest Green or any other team!

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 24 Apr 2019 17:43

Was named in the L2 PFA team

Sounds like worth a look tbh

Brain Traysers

by Brain Traysers » 24 Apr 2019 18:14

Presumably that article could be completely rewritten from the opposite direction - Brown should choose Bristol City instead of Reading because of the latter's treatment of McNulty, who they actually reference in the article...

Really odd journalism

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 25 Apr 2019 10:37

Probably written by a Gashead.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 25 Apr 2019 11:52

Brain Traysers Presumably that article could be completely rewritten from the opposite direction - Brown should choose Bristol City instead of Reading because of the latter's treatment of McNulty, who they actually reference in the article...

Really odd journalism

It doesn't say that though does it?

Brain Traysers

by Brain Traysers » 25 Apr 2019 16:37

leon
Brain Traysers Presumably that article could be completely rewritten from the opposite direction - Brown should choose Bristol City instead of Reading because of the latter's treatment of McNulty, who they actually reference in the article...

Really odd journalism

That's my exact point - it says Brown should go to Reading instead of Bristol City because City didn't give Eisa a chance after buying him. They refer to McNulty as outscoring Eisa last season, but fail to mention the exact same lack of opportunity narrative. Both sides bought a successful L2 striker, neither gave them a chance, yet apparently that means one of the teams would be a worse choice for Brown.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 25 Apr 2019 17:59

Brain Traysers
leon

Really odd journalism

That's my exact point - it says Brown should go to Reading instead of Bristol City because City didn't give Eisa a chance after buying him. They refer to McNulty as outscoring Eisa last season, but fail to mention the exact same lack of opportunity narrative. Both sides bought a successful L2 striker, neither gave them a chance, yet apparently that means one of the teams would be a worse choice for Brown.

yes but there's no stated or implied link between McNulty and us - the reference is about last seasons scoring. Unless I've missed something fundamental.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 25 Apr 2019 18:02

The point?

I get it BT. It's the very absence of consideration or mention of that when the exact same thing has happened in both scenarios.

Brain Traysers

by Brain Traysers » 25 Apr 2019 18:03

leon
Brain Traysers
leon

yes but there's no stated or implied link between McNulty and us - the reference is about last seasons scoring. Unless I've missed something fundamental.

Which again is my point entirely. Two players, essentially the same situation and the journalist made a big deal out of one and ignored the other completely. My point was that article could be rewritten entirely saying Brown shouldn't go to Reading because they didn't play McNulty. For some reason (probably ignorance/lack of research, possibly an anti Bristol bias or pro Reading bias) they didn't.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 25 Apr 2019 19:12

Brain Traysers
leon
Brain Traysers

Which again is my point entirely. Two players, essentially the same situation and the journalist made a big deal out of one and ignored the other completely. My point was that article could be rewritten entirely saying Brown shouldn't go to Reading because they didn't play McNulty. For some reason (probably ignorance/lack of research, possibly an anti Bristol bias or pro Reading bias) they didn't.

Right.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 25 Apr 2019 20:49

Didn’t realise Eisa has only had 5 sub appearances & 1 league cup all season. That’s absolutely miserable

McNulty was a regular in comparison to that :)