Points Deduction Incoming!

776 posts
Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Points Deduction Incoming!

by Notts Royal » 21 Sep 2021 19:00

Simmops This club is a joke, the owners have ruined us and before long there will be no more RFC

We should boycott the club and protest

Watching this shit show unfold from afar, I’ve been shocked how easy a ride Dai Yongge has been given & surprised there’s not been talk of a protest.

He’s been running us into the ground for a while now & his other clubs went bust too.

A total shambles & the sooner he sells up the better

Chairman Mao
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Chairman Mao » 21 Sep 2021 19:02

its a rolling 3 year total spend

Chairman Mao
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Chairman Mao » 21 Sep 2021 19:06

Hound the embargo has us in a much better position to move forward on a sustainable level. Admittedly that means we have about 5 people under contract next year but then so be it.

Its encouraged us to use the youth and look harder for bargains and deals which we have done. Obvs the downside being is we're likely to lose the likes of Swift and Laurent on a free (we might have done anyway)

Its not been a bad thing imo. And it might save us from a more hefty deduction. Reckon 6 will be where it lands.

we will justuse those youth players each year as it stands as they all drift out of their usually shorter contracts

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 21 Sep 2021 19:16

Fezza
Zip
Fezza After a deduction are we free to spend again or do we continue to be constrained, with inevitable further punishments down the road?

We have to adhere to FFP so if we keep racking up huge debts we will be punished again.

So we'll be back in the same situation every year going forward. I thought FFP reset every three years (or did I imagine that?)

Tidus has this right. It’s over a rolling three year period. I hope this season sees a much smaller loss. Our squad is now realistic and wages will be considerably down but big earners like Moore won’t help. Our average attendances also continue to decline.

One positive is that in selling Olise we will be in the black on incomings/outgoings.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 21 Sep 2021 19:22

Wycombe Royal
Pepe the Horseman What's the difference between what we've done and what QPR did a few years back, when they just got a fine? Is it just that they've introduced stricter punishments?

Becuase they had been promoted to the Prem and therefore could not have a points deduction.

QPR were then immediately relegated back whereupon the FL - eventually - seriously fined them but didn’t deduct any points or put them under an embargo.

Birmingham are another basket case, think they got a points decduction and had to agree a business plan which they then were rumoured to have breached and had to explain to the FL.

Thought Bournemouth would get done once they returned following their promotion but nothing has been said since their relegation.

I think Wolves are another that could face trouble when they’re eventually relegated again.

As regards Reading, think they would survive relegation by more than 9 points anyway so in the scheme of things it isn’t going to make a great deal of difference to the season outcome.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Sep 2021 19:47

tidus_mi2
Fezza
Zip
We have to adhere to FFP so if we keep racking up huge debts we will be punished again.

So we'll be back in the same situation every year going forward. I thought FFP reset every three years (or did I imagine that?)

It's rolling, so currently we would be under the 3 year period of 2019-20, 2020-21 and 2021-22, next season we would drop the financial results of 2019-20 and add the financial figures of 2022-23.

Now I believe they have extended the current period to 4 years because of covid but that is how it is meant to work, in other words you can have a situation like this:

Season 1: Profit 5m
Season 2: Profit 5m
Season 3: Loss 20m

In that situation you're still easily within FFP limits but that seasonal loss of 20m will really weigh you down as you're unlikely to cut it down so you might end up with something like this in 2 seasons

Season 3: Loss 20m
Season 4: Loss 15m
Season 5: Loss 10m

And just like that, even though you've tried to bring down your losses, you've still hit 45m losses and breached FFP.

Yeah, unfortunately we're more like

Season 1: Loss £40m
Season 2: Loss £40m
Season 3: Loss ? maybe £15m?

Season current: Loss ? maybe £5m?

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 21 Sep 2021 20:05

What I'm interested to know is whether the owners have learned. Let's say we have another couple of years under soft embargoes under the EFL and then are in a position to loosen the purse strings more again. Will the money be spent wisely if we can get ourselves back in a healthier position?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Sep 2021 20:07

I’m not sure we’d get multiple punishments for pretty much the same offence, but maybe wrong

Not much we could do once we were landed with Gourlays bumper 4 year contracts. Well was some stuff but we’d prob still been well over FFP

It’s prob part of the discussions isn’t it? If we can show we’re not going to do the same again then they’ll let us get on with it from here

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 21 Sep 2021 20:33

Hound I’m not sure we’d get multiple punishments for pretty much the same offence, but maybe wrong

Not much we could do once we were landed with Gourlays bumper 4 year contracts. Well was some stuff but we’d prob still been well over FFP

It’s prob part of the discussions isn’t it? If we can show we’re not going to do the same again then they’ll let us get on with it from here

Has anyone breached multiple years and got multiple deductions? I mean I guess it's possible but if you agree business plan and stick to it, would be very harsh.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 21 Sep 2021 20:38

The worst that will happen is that they'll be suspended points deductions included in our punishment, that will apply next season if we don't stick our spending limits.

Getthebeerens

by Getthebeerens » 21 Sep 2021 20:44

Disillusioned with Football in general at the moment. Punishing Derby and Reading for overspending should be the least of the EFLs worries. There competitions are becoming a joke due to parachute payments, the gap between the Championship and League 1 is widening. As an organisation it’s not fit for purpose.

We can all moan about what Dai Yongge has done but let’s face it, if he goes you can kiss goodbye to Reading Football Club. To be fair I can hardly blame him clubs have got promoted before by over spending, it’s a successful model if done well and because of the prize money that awaits it’s a gamble worth taking.

Football is broken.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Sep 2021 20:46

Do agree there is a big gap growing between the champ and div1. Not sure why really, can’t blame the parachutes for that

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 21 Sep 2021 20:48

Are you only allowed to massively overspend when in the Prem?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 21 Sep 2021 20:50

I dunno

I’ll just keep contentedly blaming S£y for everything :)

Getthebeerens

by Getthebeerens » 21 Sep 2021 20:56

Hound Do agree there is a big gap growing between the champ and div1. Not sure why really, can’t blame the parachutes for that

The Championship is full of clubs who used to be in the Prem, so at some point had parachute payments. So over the long term it’s probably not helped. I’d imagine it’s better pay to be a average player in the Championship than a star player in League 1.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 21 Sep 2021 20:58

Fukking hell there`s some serious bed wetting going on here , even saying we might go out of business, who exactly do we owe money to? we might be losing money by the bucket load but where is the evidence that Dai might pull the plug?
He`s invested an absolute fortune into this club, why would he just walk away without trying to find a buyer first?

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 21 Sep 2021 21:23

What's worrying is there's not really any assets left. We don't own our stadium or training ground anymore. We sold those to pay inflated wages to shit and injury prone players. So we could easily end up being another Derby in a few years if we aren't careful.

If the points deduction report is true I imagine we'll get 6 points taken away. Derby will get at least 12 and possibly 18 or 21 deducted.

Its a shame the club won't own Royal Elm Park either. That could have provided a stable source of rental income for the club and given us an advantage.

Sebastian the Red

by Sebastian the Red » 21 Sep 2021 21:45

The Reading Way

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 21 Sep 2021 22:42

windermereROYAL Fukking hell there`s some serious bed wetting going on here , even saying we might go out of business, who exactly do we owe money to? we might be losing money by the bucket load but where is the evidence that Dai might pull the plug?
He`s invested an absolute fortune into this club, why would he just walk away without trying to find a buyer first?

What about his other 2 clubs that went bust? Is that not enough evidence to be genuinely concerned?

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 21 Sep 2021 23:27

I still don't really get what Dai gets out of owning Reading.

776 posts