What happened to BFG ?

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: What happened to BFG ?

by Millsy » 19 Aug 2022 11:46

Royal_jimmy Why do we need 2 threads per match? 1 is enough

I guess one is all about the buildup, predictions, suggested lineups and then minute by minute updates during the game etc and the “BF” threads are instantly about the game as a whole.

It is little annoying going into a match thread, and wading through several pages trying to find the point at which it people are rating the whole game.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 19 Aug 2022 12:39

Millsy

I guess one is all about the buildup, predictions, suggested lineups and then minute by minute updates during the game etc and the “BF” threads are instantly about the game as a whole.

It is little annoying going into a match thread, and wading through several pages trying to find the point at which it people are rating the whole game.

Agreed.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 Aug 2022 12:57

SouthDownsRoyal
Millsy

Agreed.

Same.

It's an overall thoughts on reviewing the game. Rather than discussing the game as it happens or the immediate fallout from it.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 19 Aug 2022 18:11

Snowflake Royal
SouthDownsRoyal
Millsy

Agreed.

Same.

It's an overall thoughts on reviewing the game. Rather than discussing the game as it happens or the immediate fallout from it.

We can keep it going

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 Aug 2022 18:24

Zip
Snowflake Royal
SouthDownsRoyal
Agreed.

Same.

We can keep it going

If I'm just going to get abuse from some arsehats every time after I just did what people wanted, I'm not sure I can be bothered.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 19 Aug 2022 18:54

Snowflake Royal
Zip
Snowflake Royal Same.

We can keep it going

If I'm just going to get abuse from some arsehats every time after I just did what people wanted, I'm not sure I can be bothered.

Ignore them

BarryWhiteRFC

by BarryWhiteRFC » 19 Aug 2022 20:53

Snowflake Royal
Zip
Snowflake Royal Same.

We can keep it going

Just ignore them and don't respond to them. They'll soon get bored.

I love the BFTG threads, especially being an exiled Royal. I don't get to many games live, so people's overall views helps me get a view of how the season is going match by match. I agree, I can't be bothered trying to wade through 10/12 pages to get to the reviews of the match.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 20 Aug 2022 00:47

You’re not going to get abused, I don’t think anyone is particularly bothered. Jimmys comments about having 1 thread instead of 2 is a reasonable one but I’m sure he and likeminded folk don’t lose too much sleep over it either way. I think people (like me, you, others) just stopped doing them and the board gravitated to not bothering along with everything else at RFC falling apart at the time. If I could be arsed and if I’m quicker than others I’ll start again.

Btw if not physically at the game but watching online or tv that’s obviously cool, but we used to put BFTI to BFTTV or whatever to make it clear. I don’t like putting bftg if not physically there because i can’t really comment on the atmosphere, off the ball stuff, matchday experience and it’s only fair to readers to know my mode of watching. (Positives are benefits of replays, different angles etc )

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Aug 2022 07:06

Fine, cheers chaps.

I enjoy them too. I like the aspect of summing up your thoughts on the game and reading what everyone else thinks as well.