We love you Feds!

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

We love you Feds!

by Millsy » 21 Aug 2010 20:21

As I'm sure Reading players know what's going on here this is a thread to show our appreciation to Feds for being a fantastic keeper for us and NOT to give a poop about the unlucky mistake.

Everyone makes a mistake and it's thanks to his quick thinking and excellent distribution that we've been doing so well in the last few months.

Feds you're a star. Tough luck about the mistake but it was a bit unlucky and hey, it happens.

Go Feds!!!!!!

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: We love you Feds!

by paultheroyal » 21 Aug 2010 20:23

Top top keeper dropped a clanger. He is our no.1 keeper, and I hope it stays that way.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 21 Aug 2010 20:30

2 threads? Seems like you're trying to convince yourself as much as us. Just another disastrous glaring error to add to the catalogue of mistakes from Federici.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 21 Aug 2010 20:30

floyd__streete 2 threads? Seems like you're trying to convince yourself as much as us. Just another disastrous glaring error to add to the catalogue of mistakes from Federici.

Lucky he kept us in the game in the first half really.

dean horrix legend

by dean horrix legend » 21 Aug 2010 20:33

floyd__streete 2 threads? Seems like you're trying to convince yourself as much as us. Just another disastrous glaring error to add to the catalogue of mistakes from Federici.

One mistake, several great saves. Keepers are always easy fodder. :roll:

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 21 Aug 2010 20:35

Great saves? Camera saves more like.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 21 Aug 2010 20:44

floyd__streete Great saves? Camera saves more like.

First half save was world class and kept the ball in play!!

Slate Howard instead for some awful play at the end when touch and decision making create zero opportunities.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 21 Aug 2010 20:48

paultheroyal

Slate Howard instead for some awful play at the end when touch and decision making create zero opportunities.

Howard was the best player out there today. Fantastic delivery from corners and actually played the ball on the ground.

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 21 Aug 2010 20:48

Wouldnt go as far as saying they were camera saves, they were decent enough but that is what a keeper is there for, to pull off saves

He tried to kick the ball through a crowd of players on the edge of his box when he had time and space to throw or kick it a bit quicker

Whats the point in pulling off a couple of saves if your just going to cock up and gift a goal anyway. He isnt the worst keeper in the league, but he is one that will cost us plenty of points through BASIC ERRORS he shouldnt be making

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 21 Aug 2010 20:52

Southbank Old Boy Whats the point in pulling off a couple of saves if your just going to cock up and gift a goal anyway. He isnt the worst keeper in the league, but he is one that will cost us plenty of points through BASIC ERRORS he shouldnt be making

^ nail on head. I can think of plenty of ocassions in the last year alone that he has been directly responsible imho for goals conceded; Sheff U when he let a tame effort through his hands, WBA away in the league when he went walkabout, two near post howlers vs Palace, WBA away in the cup when he spaffed a tame effort from range underneath his body.....and these are just off the top of my head, I am sure there will be many more you can put down to bad positioning and basic handling errors.

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 21 Aug 2010 21:15

Feds made a clanger today and held his hands up.......but he did mess up big time AGAIN!

Yes he made fantastic saves again, but keepers are judged on doing the basics properly and today was a costly error.
He deserves another chance and he will get another chance, but if we are offered decent money we should take it.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 21 Aug 2010 21:18

That 1st half save was brilliant, 1 for the cameras

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 21 Aug 2010 21:26

First thread wasn't trying to defend Feds it was a different point altogether, but point taken.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 21 Aug 2010 21:34

He made a blunder. He doesn't often do it. He held his hands up straight away and apologised for it like a man and again straight away in the dressing room.

It happens, get over it.

Last I checked, Feds is not an android.

Feds I for one don't give a toss about the mistake. You're a top keeper!

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 21 Aug 2010 21:39

He does do it quite often though, thats the problem

He didnt seem so apolgetic and humble on the radio after either. Saying how it wasnt so much his fault as just an accident and he thought it was a good ball right onto Kebes feet. Last time he cocked up he blamed everyone infront of for the 3 soft goals he conceeded agianst Palace

bloody Volvo driver

by bloody Volvo driver » 21 Aug 2010 21:48

Southbank Old Boy He does do it quite often though, thats the problem

He didnt seem so apolgetic and humble on the radio after either. Saying how it wasnt so much his fault as just an accident and he thought it was a good ball right onto Kebes feet. Last time he cocked up he blamed everyone infront of for the 3 soft goals he conceeded agianst Palace

Before he decided to blast ball into Mills from 2 yards, he'd already tried to kick the ball out to Jimmy, but stopped himself as Jimmy wasn't watching. That should have been it as the chance to start a quick counter attack had gone. Only Fed kows why he still tried to fizz one out to Jimmy through a crowded penalty area.

On a similar theme, only Fed will know why, after we played the old "all run out from an oppo free kick, play them all offside and all belt forward" in the first half, he kicked the ball into the East stand when we would have been in a fantastic position if he'd found one his many on rushing colleagues against a very slow to react Forest team.

Keepers are ofter called "cat". Perhaps Fed is so called as he seems to have 9 lives.

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 23 Aug 2010 07:32

Worst keeping error by an RFC keeper since I have been supporting Reading.

Basics...it is clear in front of me YES, kick the ball or NO, hold onto the ball!!

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 23 Aug 2010 09:29

I miss

Shaka's Giant Hands

by Shaka's Giant Hands » 23 Aug 2010 10:40

Saturday summed Feds up in 90 minutes for me. Cracking save in the first half but a big mistake to gift them the equaliser.

What made it more frustrating for me is that we weren't chasing the game, we were 1-0 up against a good side that come the end of the season will be up there challenging for promotion, felt he should have held on to the ball and slowed the game down.

I just never feel safe with Feds in goal as he always has a mistake in him.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 23 Aug 2010 10:50

paultheroyal

blinkered howard hater