your so sh*t he fell asleep

123 posts
Shaka

Re: your so sh*t he fell asleep

by Shaka » 12 Sep 2010 16:17

To be fair, I can't remember the last time i've gone to an away game and thought 'The home fans were loud today'. Atmosphere at grounds is just generally shit nowadays.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 12 Sep 2010 16:45

The atmosphere was bloody awful yesterday - worst it's been for ages. Anyone who says otherwise is clearly deaf! We had a better atmosphere at the carling cup game against bloody Northampton & there were half as many people there!

Palace sang all game & then for us to start after going 2-0 up was quite embarrassing I thought.

I reckon its a hangover from the Gylfi sale & will get back to normal soon enough. My general impression is that most of us (myself included) were still feeling quite subdued about losing our star player. Was always going to happen.

I also think we were pretty shit in the 1st half & the team didn't really get the fans going.

NOTE TO CLUB - HOUSE OF PAIN IS SHIT & DOESN'T WORK. GET RID OF IT.

Royalshow

by Royalshow » 12 Sep 2010 17:00

WoodleyRoyal its not just yesterday though is it? the atmosphere has never been good bar 1st season in the prem

too middle class
too many familys
oxf*rd stewards
too many people sat on there iphones checking scores from around the country rather than watching/supporting the club they have actually paid to go and see

middle class this, middle class that, i wish the ground was full of stupid, racist, uneducated working class people just like in the proper football grounds.In fact it should be compulsory, some of the people in y25 are ok, they say things like 'your support is oxf*rd shitty',we need more of that.We need to copy other clubs song more, or join in with them and be hypocritical with our songs as much as possible.The fundamental problem though is still the middles classes,god i hate them! they need to be taught how to act in a football ground.The least they could do is swear more, kick the seat in front of them more and maybe wear fake slip on lacoste shoes and kappa tracksuits.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 12 Sep 2010 17:44

Royalshow
WoodleyRoyal its not just yesterday though is it? the atmosphere has never been good bar 1st season in the prem

too middle class
too many familys
oxf*rd stewards
too many people sat on there iphones checking scores from around the country rather than watching/supporting the club they have actually paid to go and see

middle class this, middle class that, i wish the ground was full of stupid, racist, uneducated working class people just like in the proper football grounds.In fact it should be compulsory, some of the people in y25 are ok, they say things like 'your support is oxf*rd shitty',we need more of that.We need to copy other clubs song more, or join in with them and be hypocritical with our songs as much as possible.The fundamental problem though is still the middles classes,god i hate them! they need to be taught how to act in a football ground.The least they could do is swear more, kick the seat in front of them more and maybe wear fake slip on lacoste shoes and kappa tracksuits.

Point wittily made, enjoyed that.

But firstly a) LOL @ people here claiming they're middle class - don't know what the term means clearly. Having a office job and maybe getting a degree does not equal being middle class :roll: b) why do people think only "working class" people chant or that those that do naturally swear and are abusive?? Most would call me middle class but for years I was one of the chantstarters at Elm Park and the Madstad. The "working class" people I know are respectable and decent and don't swear, regardless of their level of income or education.

Class is a stupid thing to talk about anyway but if you must, passion and class have nothing to do with one another.

Either you have passion or you don't.

I lament the fact that we have a soul-less stadium with soul-less fans who would probably more at home watching Karpov vs Kasparov than a football match.

This is Reading. This is a town of history, a town of change and tolerance, a town of passion and glory and a town of prosperity. I am fiercely proud of being a Redingensian and I chanted for years at the top of my voice to prove it.
Last edited by Millsy on 12 Sep 2010 17:46, edited 1 time in total.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 12 Sep 2010 17:46

Agreed, Reading is mainly a working class town. Reading is far from posh in every aspect.
Last edited by LoyalRoyalFan on 12 Sep 2010 20:31, edited 1 time in total.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 12 Sep 2010 17:48

Shaka To be fair, I can't remember the last time i've gone to an away game and thought 'The home fans were loud today'. Atmosphere at grounds is just generally shit nowadays.

This is also true actually.

Royalshow

by Royalshow » 12 Sep 2010 18:04

2 world wars, 1 world cup
Royalshow

too middle class
too many familys
oxf*rd stewards

Point wittily made, enjoyed that.

But firstly a) LOL @ people here claiming they're middle class - don't know what the term means clearly. Having a office job and maybe getting a degree does not equal being middle class :roll: b) why do people think only "working class" people chant or that those that do naturally swear and are abusive?? Most would call me middle class but for years I was one of the chantstarters at Elm Park and the Madstad. The "working class" people I know are respectable and decent and don't swear, regardless of their level of income or education.

Class is a stupid thing to talk about anyway but if you must, passion and class have nothing to do with one another.

Either you have passion or you don't.

I lament the fact that we have a soul-less stadium with soul-less fans who would probably more at home watching Karpov vs Kasparov than a football match.

This is Reading. This is a town of history, a town of change and tolerance, a town of passion and glory and a town of prosperity. I am fiercely proud of being a Redingensian and I chanted for years at the top of my voice to prove it.

+1

It Is What It Is

by It Is What It Is » 12 Sep 2010 18:55

Change the goal scoring music to something semi-decent and 'dance-around-able' too, as well as through in a few carnival themed days...?

roadrunner
Hob Nob Regular

by roadrunner » 12 Sep 2010 19:01

No, drop the crappy goal music completely!

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 12 Sep 2010 19:04

Involve more flags.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 12 Sep 2010 19:05

Absolute yaaaaaaawn at bitching about the home support.

99% of home crowds are the same throughout football. Same mentality, music after goals, not much noise. Away fans are almost always louder.

Get over it.

GJ79

by GJ79 » 12 Sep 2010 19:21

Who gives a crap about whos the loudest its a load of old bullsh*t at the end of the day we scored 3, kept a clean sheet and got 3 points. There fans should worry about their team and not about how quiet we were.

P.s anyone who sits in the west stand having a pop at the east stand lol, worst game of my life last season sitting in the west stand with my family no singing, no nothing!!! ZZZZZzzzzz

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 12 Sep 2010 20:19

Maguire Absolute yaaaaaaawn at bitching about the home support.

99% of home crowds are the same throughout football. Same mentality, music after goals, not much noise. Away fans are almost always louder.

Get over it.

True but Reading have to be up there as having 1 of if not the worst home supporters

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 12 Sep 2010 20:24

loyalroyal4life

Get over it.

True but Reading have to be up there as having 1 of if not the worst home supporters

Wouldn't go as far as saying that. Reading can make a decent atmosphere.

The Cap
Hob Nob Regular

by The Cap » 12 Sep 2010 20:27

munch said:

NOTE TO CLUB - HOUSE OF PAIN IS SHIT & DOESN'T WORK. GET RID OF IT.

Well said mate. It's painful beyond words. Cue "that was embarrassing". :oops:

prostak
Hob Nob Regular

by prostak » 12 Sep 2010 20:30

LoyalRoyalFan Agreed, Reading is mainly a working class town. Reading is far from posh in every aspect.

Uh... No. It's not posh but it's not exactly gritty urban life.

If you have a job, you're working class because you depend on your income.

So by that definition, 95% of adults are 'working-class'?

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 12 Sep 2010 20:31

prostak
LoyalRoyalFan Agreed, Reading is mainly a working class town. Reading is far from posh in every aspect.

Well no.

Riseley
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Riseley » 12 Sep 2010 20:41

Message for those who crave a working class environment 'You always follow my lead and move
to Pompey'. Thank God for my mad stad middle class fix 20+ times a season.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 12 Sep 2010 21:54

LoyalRoyalFan
prostak

Well no.

Your efforts on this board are priceless.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 12 Sep 2010 22:12

loyalroyal4life

Get over it.

Not really

123 posts