123 posts
Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: your so sh*t he fell asleep

by Forbury Lion » 17 Sep 2010 13:11

LoyalRoyalFan
royal-biscuit-man
LoyalRoyalFan When teams like Millwall, Leeds and Cardiff come down to play we need to match them.

Readings support matching the likes of said teams. :roll: :shock:

What's wrong with trying?
When the wrong people get wind of it they come up with ideas like rumblesticks and that's just embarassing.

Half price beer day might be a winner in terms of generating a lively atmosphere at the stadium - I only took part in the beach theme day as those with beach shirts got free beer vouchers courtesey of Fosters.

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 17 Sep 2010 20:17

Forbury Lion
LoyalRoyalFan
royal-biscuit-man Readings support matching the likes of said teams. :roll: :shock:

What's wrong with trying?
When the wrong people get wind of it they come up with ideas like rumblesticks and that's just embarassing.

Half price beer day might be a winner in terms of generating a lively atmosphere at the stadium - I only took part in the beach theme day as those with beach shirts got free beer vouchers courtesey of Fosters.

Never understood why so many of our fans make such a fuss over rumblestix. They were given out free for one match, creating a rather weird atmosphere for one game, than promptly vanished without trace.

It proved a swift and unanimous rejection of them, yet reading these boards you'd think our fans loved them and use them in numbers to this day.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 17 Sep 2010 21:37

LoyalRoyalFan
Mid Sussex Royal
LoyalRoyalFan The atmosphere can be good at the Madejski, not as good as at Elm Park, but we need to put across a better atmosphere on a more regular basis.

That's the case in general now with all seater stadia - 6,000 in Elm Park had a better atmosphere than 17K at mad stad - particularly night games.

Secondly the type of football fan has changed - its not so working class now thanks to sky mainly and costs far more to go relatively to the 1980's and I bet a few few fans from this era no longer can afford to go regularly.

The atmosphere has been dead at a lot of away games I've been to in the last few years not just at home

Were you referring to the home fans or the away fans in that last sentence?

sorry meant home fans at away games - went to Coventry's new ground for the first time last year - that's one that sticks out from last season

123 posts