Most boring debates on the team board?

Which things make you switch off the quickest?

Club finance threads 'Where has the money gone?' etc
53%
Tactical threads
4%
Transfer threads
1%
Do you remember when threads
3%
Who's the best player/match/stadium threads
4%
Reading fans are terrible threads
21%
Song threads
13%

Total votes: 70
Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

Most boring debates on the team board?

by Archie's penalty » 24 Sep 2010 00:55

?

prostak
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Most boring debates on the team board?

by prostak » 24 Sep 2010 01:05

I predict this vote to have all the competitiveness of a party election in 70s Poland. Kudos for thinking up so many running mates for the obvious winner though.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 24 Sep 2010 01:14

Ta. It took some thinking.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 24 Sep 2010 01:18

Reading fans - are shit and plastic threads are the biggest pile of shit.

Name me any fans other than maybe the Geordies - who are genuinely retarded and probably dont even know where they are, who actually make this legendary wall of noise - that apparently all other home fans do and we don't. I've been to enough away grounds to know it's all bollocks.

I worked with a load of West Ham fans in the East End and they were the most fickle bunch of thick c*nts I have ever met.

prostak
Hob Nob Regular

by prostak » 24 Sep 2010 01:19

AP - I see you've omitted 'any post mentioning Chelsea/Man Utd' and 'why didn't we sign x when he was available on a free?', though I suppose the latter is a subdivision of 'transfers'.

leon - in fairness I have heard these 'walls of noise', but not at any British ground.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 24 Sep 2010 01:27

prostak AP - I see you've omitted 'any post mentioning Chelsea/Man Utd' and 'why didn't we sign x when he was available on a free?', though I suppose the latter is a subdivision of 'transfers'.

leon - in fairness I have heard these 'walls of noise', but not at any British ground.

of course - my point is that whilst there are grounds where the atmosphere is fantastic/intimidating most places I've been to - both biggest clubs in the England and also lower leagues the majority are just as shit as us, as are the fans.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 24 Sep 2010 01:44

leon
prostak AP - I see you've omitted 'any post mentioning Chelsea/Man Utd' and 'why didn't we sign x when he was available on a free?', though I suppose the latter is a subdivision of 'transfers'.

of course - my point is that whilst there are grounds where the atmosphere is fantastic/intimidating most places I've been to - both biggest clubs in the England and also lower leagues the majority are just as shit as us, as are the fans.

Or as good as us, depends how you look at it. Anyway the myth of fans spontaneously combusting in excitement is exactly that a myth. Some sing, some don't, we all support the club...

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 24 Sep 2010 04:51

Actually, "where has all the money gone?" at least poses a legitimate question that you have to do some thinking to answer. From that point of view it's not so boring, although it is boring to have the same posters raise the question without ever paying even a moments attention to the answers. I do find "your best ever ______" utterly tedious.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 24 Sep 2010 09:07

Thanks for posting something worthy of a response......................................nice to see our tedious idiots being outnumbered for a change

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 24 Sep 2010 10:22

If you find all of those topics so boring then you're probably visiting the wrong forum.

Tilehurst End

by Tilehurst End » 24 Sep 2010 12:44

It doesn't matter what the title of any debate on here is, by page 3 every post will contain the words "SJM", "Unambitious" and "Wallet".

One Beer is never enough.

by One Beer is never enough. » 24 Sep 2010 12:46

prostak leon - in fairness I have heard these 'walls of noise', but not at any British ground.

In 1988 I went to the Skol Cup final (Aberdeen V Rangers), at a terraced Hampden Park. I was in the Aberdeen end, and I have never experienced a noise that has beaten the sound of the Rangers Fans as I walked onto the terracing. It may not meet others definition of a 'wall of sound', but is probably as close as I'll come.

Ryn

by Ryn » 24 Sep 2010 13:51

Polls are the most boring threads

fester_royal

by fester_royal » 24 Sep 2010 14:16

leon Reading fans - are shit and plastic threads are the biggest pile of shit.

Name me any fans other than maybe the Geordies - who are genuinely retarded and probably dont even know where they are, who actually make this legendary wall of noise - that apparently all other home fans do and we don't. I've been to enough away grounds to know it's all bollocks.

I worked with a load of West Ham fans in the East End and they were the most fickle bunch of thick c*nts I have ever met.

++++1

3 veesinarow
Hob Nob Regular

by 3 veesinarow » 24 Sep 2010 14:24

I eventually went for the worst fans option, but where is the "all of the above" option?

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 24 Sep 2010 14:35

This one.

under the tin

by under the tin » 24 Sep 2010 15:54

Tactical threads are a switch off for me.
People who have never even managed a big dinner going on about daftly named formations.
"We should play the ashtray formation, 4-1-1-2-2, with so and so supporting so and so on the left"

It's 22 blokes, 2 nets, and a ball.
Nuff said.

prostak
Hob Nob Regular

by prostak » 24 Sep 2010 16:23

And there, in one post, we have the reason for perennial English failure at international football.

under the tin

by under the tin » 24 Sep 2010 18:38

Crikey ! And there was me thinking that Maradona ran through the whole England defence (and most other sides) in Mexico because he was a techinically gifted player.
Bobby Robson is a pcunt. We just got our tactics wrong.
Pele obviously lied about his youth. He didn't spent it practicing his skills barefoot with a melon, he was mugging up on tactical books.
We can all see what a well read man Paul Gascoigne is. He was only any good because his dad bought him Brendan Rogers' big tactical almanac for his tenth birthday.

The truth is that England are nowhere near as good as our press always hype them up to be.
Arguably, we should perform better than we generally do at the big competitions, but all to often, technically gifted players in the English game are forsaken for athletes.

Nobby

by Nobby » 24 Sep 2010 18:52

The boring posts are the ones where some simpleton goes onto a thread they consider boring, then posts a message to say it is boring.

If they are so easily bored perhaps they could post something exciting.

Or feck off.