Countdown to Rodgers' return

133 posts
swansea jack

Re: Countdown to Rodgers' return

by swansea jack » 17 Oct 2010 13:17

2 world wars, 1 world cup I'm really happy for Rodgers and genuinely hope he one day makes it.

At a club that allows buying necessary players he might one day do well.

At a more sensible/stingy/brick-by-brick/realistic club he is a proven total failure and was on the verge of taking us down with the same players that Brian almost got us into the playoffs with!!!!!!!! Total failure and wrong thing for us.

That's not to say of course he won't develop into a top manager one day and his somewhat fortuitous victory yesterday might well be a sign that he's coming out of his preseason at last, but I'm glad that after just a handful of games to his name he isn't continuing to have his "preseason" with *us*

Horrible mistake signing him, glad we got rid of him, delighted to see him slowly continue his training at the sort of club he needs and am kind of happy for him that he beat us yesterday to restore some pride to himself.

Decent bloke. Glad we cheered him.

Good luck Brendan!

:?:

We are far from being grouped with the likes of QPR and neither are / were Watford.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 Oct 2010 22:01

And hasn't he only signed one player for you? Sinclair?

He spent a lot with us, but he tried to make too big a change despite not having the personel available to make it work...

With Swansea he's starting with the right squad already and just needs to polish it with the right players. I like the idea behind his doctrine... But I think his application is poor.

swansea jack

by swansea jack » 18 Oct 2010 19:04

Ian Royal And hasn't he only signed one player for you? Sinclair?

He spent a lot with us, but he tried to make too big a change despite not having the personel available to make it work...

With Swansea he's starting with the right squad already and just needs to polish it with the right players. I like the idea behind his doctrine... But I think his application is poor.

I'm a little out of touch being overseas but believe so although a few loanees have been brought in. Squad is essentially the same bar Leon Britten who left for the Blades.

We've been playing a very similar style since M*rtinez took over, although you could argue that the change in style has gradually been implemented since M*rtinez started playing for us (under various managers). I can't believe how much players like Tate have improved since the change.

Back 5 is solid and with a midfield of Sinclair, Pratley, a fit and injury free Bodde (everything crossed this time) and Dyer it's looking great if we can get the strikers scoring (or another Scotland).

I think Rodgers has been fortunate to get this gig but hopefully the "Big watch bumper book of tactics" will work a little better for us. Time wil tell...

Good to hear you gave him a warm reception. 8) Looks like we're taking 4,000 to Wigan to abuse M*rtinez but then he did do a Parjudas,

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

by Z175 » 18 Oct 2010 19:28

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... Scott.html

Great photo of Brendan reading his "methodology" book there.

swansea jack

by swansea jack » 18 Oct 2010 19:42

Z175 http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1321121/Reading-0-Swansea-1-Rodgers-revenge-Royals-thanks-great-Scott.html

Great photo of Brendan reading his "methodology" book there.

Think it's time to get on with your life now...

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 18 Oct 2010 19:43

2 world wars, 1 world cup I'm really happy for Rodgers and genuinely hope he one day makes it.

At a more sensible/stingy/brick-by-brick/realistic club he is a proven total failure and was on the verge of taking us down with the same players that Brian almost got us into the playoffs with!!!!!!!! Total failure and wrong thing for us.

So where the F8ck were Griffin and Zurab hiding during Rodgers' time with us?!! Same players, Madejski's *rse! Experienced players of the type no doubt Rodgers fell out with the board over when requesting funds and only forthcoming when even Madejski couldn't fail to spot another black hole looming in the form of the trap door to League 1!

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 18 Oct 2010 20:42

It was rumoured on here before Griffin came in, and by pretty reliable sources, that Rodgers had tried to get Griffin in over the summer but it didn't happen. I presume that it was because he didn't want to leave Stoke at the time.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 18 Oct 2010 22:26

RoyalBlue

So where the F8ck were Griffin and Zurab hiding during Rodgers' time with us?!! Same players, Madejski's *rse! Experienced players of the type no doubt Rodgers fell out with the board over when requesting funds and only forthcoming when even Madejski couldn't fail to spot another black hole looming in the form of the trap door to League 1!

The same Zurab who's only just started playing this season and by no means started every game last season?

So if you're seriously suggesting Griffin was the difference between RELEGATION DOGFIGHTERS and THE SECOND BEST FORM IN EUROPE, SECOND ONLY TO REAL MADRID (as Brian managed in that season- turning a side guaranteed to a relegation dogfight to one just missing out on promotion) and if you're seriously, hand-on-heart suggesting had NOTHING to do with Brian being an infinitely better manager than Mr Preseason, then please can I have some of what you're on?

Remember I'm no Brian-worshipper. I was mortified at Rodgers' appointment but some will remember I was actually properly DEPRESSED like a big baby for a few days when Brian was appointed so have no reason to back him up.

But to suggest anything other than Brian >Burns/Bullivant >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Rodgers is amusing.

HOWEVER I do appreciate the worth of investment and yes those signings did play a role of course. I am actually with you on your general sentiments about Madejski and do feel sorry for Rodgers not getting Tommy Smith. But, to be fair, Rodgers had more money than Brian ever had and I'm glad he didn't get another penny. What Madejski's problem is with Brian getting the money he deserves is beyond me...

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 21 Oct 2010 09:49

Fair play to Rodgers, gone in at Swansea still plays his way and it is working. Sure they will be in the playoffs, unfortunately can't say the same for us. Mcderm is useless tactically

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 21 Oct 2010 10:20

oh do shut up

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 21 Oct 2010 21:24

readingbedding oh do shut up

You shut up, it's people as clueless as you when it comes to football who are why we're in such a mess. 'Yeah we'll be alright, we'll win a few, draw a few' in another thread, what a load of balls, if everyone muddled through like you seem to accept is okay we'd still be living in caves.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 22 Oct 2010 14:32

loyalroyal4life Fair play to Rodgers, gone in at Swansea still plays his way and it is working. Sure they will be in the playoffs, unfortunately can't say the same for us. Mcderm is useless tactically

I think he must be confusing tactics with

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 22 Oct 2010 14:34

Royalee
readingbedding oh do shut up

You shut up, it's people as clueless as you when it comes to football who are why we're in such a mess. 'Yeah we'll be alright, we'll win a few, draw a few' in another thread, what a load of balls, if everyone muddled through like you seem to accept is okay we'd still be living in caves.

You complete and utter cretin.

133 posts