A weird idea

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

Re: A weird idea

by Rex » 18 May 2011 20:34

who are ya? Replica shirt over an RFC fleece?

Yep. XXL for the occasion. I am also wearing shin pads and football boots.

RFCUK

by RFCUK » 18 May 2011 20:35

liamob Now, this is a strange one, most of my friends think thats a pretty original idea, I'm not sure about pioneering but here goes. Now, alot of you on here hate me, especially the lady with the uneventful traffic problems, and you'll probably shoot me down, but my idea is this;
Wouldn't it be brilliant, and it would totally phase the Swansea fans, if nobody in our end at Wembley wore Reading shirts, or bought along stupid inflatables (sorry Compo, Chiltern Edge 4 life) or had flags? I think somehow, on a deeper, morbidly depressing level, it would show that we were even more together as supporters. Not to mention the field day RFC public relations would have.
I know this would never happen and its not a campaign, it's more of a subconscious self-analysis, rearing towards my hatred for grown men in football shirts, (Pelada 95 kit doesn't count) with the players names on the back. We know who you support mate, you're in the Reading end.
I'm prepared for the firing squad, I won't be wearing a shirt or waving a flag. I'm 26.

Please explain why you quote this as brilliant. Please explain why Swansea fans would be phased by this exactly. I'm not one to pass judgement until I hear your reasoning's

Bandini
Hob Nob Regular
Location: No one must know I dropped my glasses in the toilet.

by Bandini » 18 May 2011 20:35

You've thought too hard about this.

roadrunner
Hob Nob Regular

by roadrunner » 18 May 2011 20:36

liamob Now, this is a strange one, most of my friends think thats a pretty original idea, I'm not sure about pioneering but here goes. Now, alot of you on here hate me, especially the lady with the uneventful traffic problems, and you'll probably shoot me down, but my idea is this;
Wouldn't it be brilliant, and it would totally phase the Swansea fans, if nobody in our end at Wembley wore Reading shirts, or bought along stupid inflatables (sorry Compo, Chiltern Edge 4 life) or had flags? I think somehow, on a deeper, morbidly depressing level, it would show that we were even more together as supporters. Not to mention the field day RFC public relations would have.
I know this would never happen and its not a campaign, it's more of a subconscious self-analysis, rearing towards my hatred for grown men in football shirts, (Pelada 95 kit doesn't count) with the players names on the back. We know who you support mate, you're in the Reading end.
I'm prepared for the firing squad, I won't be wearing a shirt or waving a flag. I'm 26.

You're right, that is a weird idea. Better to have another Orange Day (Wigan away) for the colour effect rather than no Reading shirts or flags etc...

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 18 May 2011 20:36

liamob

by liamob » 18 May 2011 20:38

I just thought it would make one hell of a statement, granted it would never happen. I'd probably hate it if it did. By brilliant I guess I meant a bit funny and leftfield. Its just an idea, its as if i've posted "WE WONT WIN" Thank you for not ripping my head off, hats off sir.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 18 May 2011 20:39

but what statement would it make? what would we be telling the world?

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 18 May 2011 20:40

That the club shop is shit.

who are ya?
Hob Nob Regular

by who are ya? » 18 May 2011 20:41

liamob I don't get the Harry Enfield reference, surely its less square to not wear a shirt than to wear one?

Why would it offend you that much to create a topic like this after a night like we've just had. Go to a Millwall game and you'll see blokes wearing shirts, infact Cardiff was crawling with blokes over 30, 40 and 50 wearing replica shirts. Maybe the Madejski Stadium seats should be grey seeing as we don't have to prove we're Reading.

leicsRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by leicsRoyal » 18 May 2011 20:41

SouthDownsRoyal but what statement would it make? what would we be telling the world?

That season ticket prices will double for next year as it all seems a bit pointless having any merchandising!

liamob

by liamob » 18 May 2011 20:41

Wigan away was one of my favourite away days ever, too bad it was nil nil

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 18 May 2011 20:42

liamob I'm not saying I'm too cool, I've never worn shirts. I don't have to prove I support Reading to anyone. I just think that all you look like idiots, some of my friends included, just like the way you lot think I write like one.

I don't have to prove who I support to anyone either. I'm very proud of the club I support and enjoy showing it by wearing a shirt, it's for me. You may think that makes me an idiot. I think your opinion that anyone who wears a shirt is an idiot tells people more about you than anyone else, and shows you to be a right knob.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 18 May 2011 20:44

Pelada 8)

liamob

by liamob » 18 May 2011 20:46

It doesnt have to mean anything necessarily, look at that turning backwards, celebration thing. That doesnt mean anything, its just a visual, original statement.

There's no need to call me a knob, its a lot more personal to single me out, I only called you lot a collection of idiots, like politicians, or the members of The Killers.

southstand67

by southstand67 » 18 May 2011 20:46

I love wearing my Reading football shirt. I could not go to Wembley and not wear one. Why hassle someone if they do or decide not to and why make a statement on a day like this anyway- what's there to prove? I'm proud of Reading, the club and the town. I'm always pleased to see a Reading shirt as opposed to a Chelsea shirt or a Man Utd shirt around the town too.

who are ya?
Hob Nob Regular

by who are ya? » 18 May 2011 20:47

liamob or the members of The Killers.

They're not knobs, they just like them.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 18 May 2011 20:48

liamob

It doesnt have to mean anything necessarily, look at that turning backwards, celebration thing. That doesnt mean anything, its just a visual, original statement.

There's no need to call me a knob, its a lot more personal to single me out, I only called you lot a collection of idiots, like politicians, or the members of The Killers.

Where did I call you a knob?

liamob

by liamob » 18 May 2011 20:51

I'm always pleased to see a Reading shirt as opposed to a Chelsea shirt or a Man Utd shirt around the town too.

Don't get me started on people who choose to wear football shirts as their general, non footballing day, attire.

liamob

by liamob » 18 May 2011 20:52

Where did I call you a knob?

Sorry mate, I couldnt work out how to do a double quote, it wasn't you.

southstand67

by southstand67 » 18 May 2011 20:55

liamob
I'm always pleased to see a Reading shirt as opposed to a Chelsea shirt or a Man Utd shirt around the town too.

Don't get me started on people who choose to wear football shirts as their general, non footballing day, attire.

Don't care what you think really mate. No offence.