A weird idea

Hemenbruff Royal
Location: North Reading. Actually very north Reading. Okay, Yorkshire.

Re: A weird idea

by Hemenbruff Royal » 18 May 2011 20:55

If I get a ticket for Wembley I won't wear my shirt. Surely the fact I am in the Reading end shouting 'Come on Reading' or something similar would show I am Reading supporter. If I don't get a ticket I will not wear my shirt while I watch it on my TV as everone else in my family know I am Reading supporter.

However, if we win I will be in the village pub fifteen minutes after the TV coverage finishes wearing my shirt, scarves, hat (probably both the RFC cap and URZ wooly hat) and Sir SC style coat accepting congratulations from all the local Leeds supporters in there too.

liamob

by liamob » 18 May 2011 21:02

I'll probably have a blue wig on myself at some point. I could actually dye my hair and beard blue (its better than being ginger I guess).......oxf*rd it. I retract all my opinions and beliefs :D

I love wearing my Reading football shirt. I could not go to Wembley and not wear one

It's just a bit of banter, I'm all for a party. I just don't think there is any need to wear a shirt, fair enough you say you enjoy it, but do you only enjoy it because you feel you fit in? If so you're a sheep and the Swansea fans will definately bum you, no offense.

southstand67

by southstand67 » 18 May 2011 21:04

liamob I'll probably have a blue wig on myself at some point. I could actually dye my hair and beard blue (its better than being ginger I guess).......oxf*rd it. I retract all my opinions and beliefs :D

I love wearing my Reading football shirt. I could not go to Wembley and not wear one

It's just a bit of banter, I'm all for a party. I just don't think there is any need to wear a shirt, fair enough you say you enjoy it, but do you only enjoy it because you feel you fit in? If so you're a sheep and the Swansea fans will definately bum you, no offense.

I'll wear the hoops as I'm proud to be living in and from Reading. And of course the shirts are 100% polyester.

leicsRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by leicsRoyal » 18 May 2011 21:08

When my Leicester supporting mate went out to his car at 5.30am this morning, I'm not sure he was amused to see his dwarf conifer wearing last years Reading FC rep kit! :lol:

liamob

by liamob » 18 May 2011 21:11

I'm fine with miniature shrubbery wearing football tops.

liamob

by liamob » 18 May 2011 21:17

I'll wear the hoops as I'm proud to be living in and from Reading

I ask this question with maturity and sincerity, I'm not a yob. Do you think I'm not proud of those things? Did you cry at the final whistle last night? I did and I'm not ashamed. If I was caught crying in a Reading top i'd be mortified. It's shallow on my part I know, but there are 2 sides to every coin. I don't really think you're all idiots, its just not for me. I do think the "Number 13, Reading fans everywhere" should be abolished as its moronic and I will never retract that statement. I think i must have some supporters on my side with that one?

southstand67

by southstand67 » 18 May 2011 21:21

liamob
I'll wear the hoops as I'm proud to be living in and from Reading

I ask this question with maturity and sincerity, I'm not a yob. Do you think I'm not proud of those things? Did you cry at the final whistle last night? I did and I'm not ashamed. If I was caught crying in a Reading top i'd be mortified. It's shallow on my part I know, but there are 2 sides to every coin. I don't really think you're all idiots, its just not for me. I do think the "Number 13, Reading fans everywhere" should be abolished as its moronic and I will never retract that statement. I think i must have some supporters on my side with that one?

I didn't cry - can understand that you did though, same as Anfield, Everton - very moving nights. Can also understand that you don't want to wear a footie top, that's your choice. Doesn't make you any less or more than a supporter does it? Either way, I'll still wear mine!

liamob

by liamob » 18 May 2011 21:23

I'd just like to clarify that it was more of a tear and a lump in the throat. I wasn't weeping.......that would be strange.

who are ya?
Hob Nob Regular

by who are ya? » 18 May 2011 21:24

liamob I do think the "Number 13, Reading fans everywhere" should be abolished as its moronic and I will never retract that statement. I think i must have some supporters on my side with that one?

Yes, you do!

liamob

by liamob » 18 May 2011 21:26

lets be friends. add me on facebook, i'll decide weather to respond to the add by checking your fashion sense and your festival pictures 8)

PlasticRoyale
Hob Nob Regular

by PlasticRoyale » 18 May 2011 21:41

liamob I'm 26.

Happy Birthday Mate

Scylla

by Scylla » 18 May 2011 21:41

liamob I'll probably have a blue wig on myself at some point. I could actually dye my hair and beard blue (its better than being ginger I guess).......oxf*rd it. I retract all my opinions and beliefs :D

Of course there is no need to wear a shirt. There is also no sane reason not to wear one. Now go and and solve world hunger or something.

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 18 May 2011 21:57

Ups and Downs There's only one flaw with this idea; it's shit.

This. No one is taking away my jester hat guv.

liamob

by liamob » 18 May 2011 22:06

There is also no sane reason not to wear one

Sane, in that sense, means having or showing reason. So there is no need to write the "sane" bit. Otherwise you're implying that; unless you have the charachteristics of a mentally deranged person, you should be wearing a Reading shirt. That's a bit out of order on the handicapped/ mentally ill fans. Are you saying they aren't allowed to wear the hoops?

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 18 May 2011 22:12

The word not is self explanatory.

Why do you chose to word your reply in such a way to link that with physical impairment and LD.

liamob

by liamob » 18 May 2011 22:15

"Because you never know with the wheelchair ones" :o

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 18 May 2011 22:17

Lets hope that comment fell out of your arse without knowing.

Optimist

by Optimist » 18 May 2011 22:21

liamob "Because you never know with the wheelchair ones" :o

O*ford off! No need for bull$hit like that.

liamob

by liamob » 18 May 2011 22:21

fingers crossed.....
I don't get your beef? I've not been particularly offensive have I? Or is it because I rarely post that it's easier to dismiss me?

liamob

by liamob » 18 May 2011 22:23

O*ford off! No need for bull$hit like that
ummmmm, did you notice the speech marks? Blame Mr Gervais, lighten up. Jesus, it's proper sensitive city around here.