Royals on the Box/Internet Thread

3140 posts
Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Royals on the Box/Internet Thread

by Hendo » 28 Feb 2021 08:58

Lower West
RoyalBlue they didn't seem to know that he is a commentator/pundit for BBC Berks!

They knew he was. As said they looked forward to meeting him every time Reading played there. Mick Gooding started his playing career at Rotherham! Probably went there as well as Reading manager.

I never knew he played for them.

258 appearances and 43 goals over 2 spells.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 28 Feb 2021 13:52

Lower West
RoyalBlue they didn't seem to know that he is a commentator/pundit for BBC Berks!

They knew he was. As said they looked forward to meeting him every time Reading played there. Mick Gooding started his playing career at Rotherham! Probably went there as well as Reading manager.
#

Well that's strange because in the commentary they wondered whether he would be listening to them today - maybe they didn't realise that BBC Berks were providing commentary by watching the iFollow stream and therefore he would be unlikely to be listening to them.

Talking of BBC Berks, after Dellor and Gooding had spent so much time earlier in the season moaning about the artificial crowd noise at the Mad Stad, they then had even worse artificial crowd noise played alongside their commentary!

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 01 Mar 2021 08:45

Away game at Birmingham on Wednesday March 17th KO 7.45pm is live on SKY

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 11 Mar 2021 12:06

Skysports Reading continues.

Games against Barnsley and Watford are now on TV.

Barnsley vs Reading 2nd April 5:30pm
Watford vs Reading 9th April 7:45pm

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 14 Mar 2021 11:20

How many televised games is that now?

I know we're doing well and our games are almost never draws, the money is good too, but spread the tv games across the league you arsehats.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 14 Mar 2021 11:30

MARCHING ON TOGETHER

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 20 Mar 2021 15:07

Any streams? I'm strapped for cash being so close to payday.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 29 Mar 2021 17:45

Probably not the right thread but read an article on line from Rod Liddle (Sunday Times) re the promotion race where he bigs up Barnsley (underdogs etc - I get that) but then starts talking about the other sides....re us he says "Reading - Lucas Joao excepted - are awful" goes on to say we are hanging on to a top 6 place and doesn't expect us to stay given our run in.

From what he's generally said about all the sides I don't think he's watched a championship game all season

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 29 Mar 2021 19:23

Mid Sussex Royal Probably not the right thread but read an article on line from Rod Liddle (Sunday Times) re the promotion race where he bigs up Barnsley (underdogs etc - I get that) but then starts talking about the other sides....re us he says "Reading - Lucas Joao excepted - are awful" goes on to say we are hanging on to a top 6 place and doesn't expect us to stay given our run in.

From what he's generally said about all the sides I don't think he's watched a championship game all season

He`s a big Millwall fan- enough said !!!!

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 30 Mar 2021 08:59

Mid Sussex Royal Probably not the right thread but read an article on line from Rod Liddle (Sunday Times) re the promotion race where he bigs up Barnsley (underdogs etc - I get that) but then starts talking about the other sides....re us he says "Reading - Lucas Joao excepted - are awful" goes on to say we are hanging on to a top 6 place and doesn't expect us to stay given our run in.

Rod Liddle is a hideous human being and his views on pretty much anything should be ignored and any publication that prints his ramblings should be boycotted.

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 01 Apr 2021 10:20

Our home matches against Cardiff City and Swansea City have both been picked for live Sky Sports.

The Bluebirds battle is moved to a Friday evening and the Swans will visit RG2 on a Sunday lunchtime.

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 01 Apr 2021 10:22

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 01 Apr 2021 10:26

Anybody keeping a count?

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 01 Apr 2021 11:41

windermereROYAL Anybody keeping a count?

Answer : a lot

More interestingly what is our ppg when on SKY Main, SKY RB?

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 01 Apr 2021 12:06

So that means Norwich is the only remaining Saturday 3pm game, assuming they change the time for the last game.

Anyone know how much Sky pay to cover a live game?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 01 Apr 2021 13:24

Stranded

Rod Liddle is a hideous human being and his views on pretty much anything should be ignored and any publication that prints his ramblings should be boycotted.

Agreed. IMO he is a nasty bigoted scumbag who steals a living by feeding shyte to those too stupid/blinkered to realise it.

As for his knowledge & opinions on football:

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Apr 2021 22:54

Mid Sussex Royal So that means Norwich is the only remaining Saturday 3pm game, assuming they change the time for the last game.

I've got £100k in my head for some reason, but no idea why or if it's accurate.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 02 Apr 2021 07:27

Snowflake Royal
Mid Sussex Royal So that means Norwich is the only remaining Saturday 3pm game, assuming they change the time for the last game.

Under the current deal, which I think runs to the end of next season, I believe the fees for live games for Division 2/Championship clubs are, for the home club, £100,000 per game (unless it’s played on Sunday (£120,000) or Thursday (£140,000)) - while away teams collect a fixed fee of £10,000.

So Reading, presuming those figures are still correct in the current climate, will have collected £1m for live SKY screenings by the end of April....

Away

Coventry
    Preston
    Watford
    Barnsley
    Swansea
    Bournemouth
    Sheff Wed
    Birmingham

Total: £80,000

Home

Stoke
    Bristol City
    Bournemouth
    Norwich
    Blackburn
    Nottm Forest
    Coventry
    Cardiff
    Swansea (Sunday)

Total: £920,000

Think that’s all the live games, but it gets a bit confusing this season given the number of games on red button and ifollow etc. so please feel free to correct if necessary.

You might also like to note that until SKY chose to televise Reading for the first time this season, Reading were doing quite nicely thank you very much having won 7 and drawn 1 of their first 8 games so perhaps it would actually have been better to have earned £0 so far.....
Last edited by Sutekh on 02 Apr 2021 07:32, edited 1 time in total.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 02 Apr 2021 07:30

Zammo Our home matches against Cardiff City and Swansea City have both been picked for live Sky Sports.

The Bluebirds battle is moved to a Friday evening and the Swans will visit RG2 on a Sunday lunchtime.

Yes, Cardiff is at 6pm on Friday 16th April while Swansea come to town at 12 noon on Sunday 25th April

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Apr 2021 10:20

Sutekh
Snowflake Royal

Under the current deal, which I think runs to the end of next season, I believe the fees for live games for Division 2/Championship clubs are, for the home club, £100,000 per game (unless it’s played on Sunday (£120,000) or Thursday (£140,000)) - while away teams collect a fixed fee of £10,000.

So Reading, presuming those figures are still correct in the current climate, will have collected £1m for live SKY screenings by the end of April....

Away

Coventry
    Preston
    Watford
    Barnsley
    Swansea
    Bournemouth
    Sheff Wed
    Birmingham

Total: £80,000

Home

Stoke
    Bristol City
    Bournemouth
    Norwich
    Blackburn
    Nottm Forest
    Coventry
    Cardiff
    Swansea (Sunday)

Total: £920,000

Think that’s all the live games, but it gets a bit confusing this season given the number of games on red button and ifollow etc. so please feel free to correct if necessary.

You might also like to note that until SKY chose to televise Reading for the first time this season, Reading were doing quite nicely thank you very much having won 7 and drawn 1 of their first 8 games so perhaps it would actually have been better to have earned £0 so far.....

I'd assume red button would be less.

I reckon anything where it's still on Ifollow will be far less.

How many previous seasons do we have to go back to reach that many televised games prior to this one?

Don't really understand why the home team gets 10 times the fee.

3140 posts