Royals on the Box/Internet Thread

3158 posts
Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

Re: Royals on the Box/Internet Thread

by Kitsondinho » 30 Oct 2020 12:37

Royals and Racers Reading FC in announcing the change of start time for the Millwall away game to 7pm have said that the game is not on the red button service- only on ifollow. I thought SKY were showing all the midweek matches that are not on SKY TV on the red button. Obviously i’m wrong !!

It is at the home team’s discretion. I suspect the 19:00 k/o meant that Sky would have to start their coverage of the Championship games half an hour early, just for Millwall v Reading. Clearly it was decided by Millwall and Sky (as well as checking with us) that it was just easier not to show it. Seems fair enough.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict

by Kitsondinho » 30 Oct 2020 12:40

Royals and Racers Reading FC have announced the games against Birmingham City and Norwich in December will KO at 7.45pm and are available to watch on the Red button and ifollow.

Seems sensible as there won’t be any fans (or very few by then, if we are lucky) and it lines us up with all the other games on those evenings.

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 30 Oct 2020 12:42

tidus_mi2
Royals and Racers If a game is on SKY sports it is not available on ifollow- red button matches are.

You can buy a NowTV day pass for £9.99 if you want to stream it as it won't be on ifollow, should be better coverage unless you particularly like listening to Tim + Mick.

How does a red button game work on NowTV?

Or are we on a proper sky channel?

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 30 Oct 2020 12:45

CountryRoyal
Hendo
Jagermesiter1871 Is there anyway to watch Ifollow on a TV? Can I use a firestick or is it just janky screen mirroring or using an hdmi from laptop?

Only thing putting me off shelling out the £10 a game is having to watch it on laptop/mobile.

HDMI cable is how I did it last year. Was just much easier.

I just use an HDMI and the quality is fine.

Re sky sports/now tv what did we decide is the final verdict?

A; if you have all sky sports through now TV can you access the red button channels?

B; are the PNE/Stoke games etc on sky sky?

I see now TV are doing a £25/month for 3 months offer which, if we’re on sky as much as reported, might make sense.

You'll just be able to watch them on the sky sports app, on your phone or tablet - assuming it works the same as sky go. Might be worth checking with them before you sign up.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 30 Oct 2020 12:51

Worth noting that if you activate your Now TV day pass just before kick off tonight you'll also be able to watch tomorrow's games and all the other Sky channels (including F1 qualifying if you're into that) until 7:45 tomorrow

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 30 Oct 2020 13:27

Checking the ESPN+ schedule as currently published for the US, they are showing both the Coventry and Stoke games, so if you are in the US you should be able to get both games for a $7.99 month's subscription and I reckon you might well get the other two games in November too.

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 30 Oct 2020 13:45

Royals and Racers Reading FC in announcing the change of start time for the Millwall away game to 7pm have said that the game is not on the red button service- only on ifollow. I thought SKY were showing all the midweek matches that are not on SKY TV on the red button. Obviously i’m wrong !!

Someone posted on this board, that only the 7.45 and 8pm matches are on Sky Red Button.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 30 Oct 2020 19:11

The Royal Forester

Someone posted on this board, that only the 7.45 and 8pm matches are on Sky Red Button.

So that explains why most midweek game kick offs aren’t moved. Perhaps Millwall have a problem with the red button service?

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 31 Oct 2020 09:18

Just wonder if there is a concerted effort from some championship clubs that at the present time they know they will make far more money if they take the midweek games off the red button by starting at 7pm- 4 matches out of 6 on Tuesday are 7pm(other 2 on SKY ) and 2 out of 6 on Wednesday(1 on SKY). Obviously just leaves ifollow as the only way to watch.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 31 Oct 2020 10:52

Pretty smart if so. They need all the cash they can get with empty stadiums

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 31 Oct 2020 11:15

Snowflake Royal Pretty smart if so. They need all the cash they can get with empty stadiums

Indeed, but not so clever for SKY Sports subscribers who now lose out.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 31 Oct 2020 14:32

Royals and Racers
Snowflake Royal Pretty smart if so. They need all the cash they can get with empty stadiums

Even though I’m a Sky sports subscriber I’d be quite happy if we weren’t on Sky ever again!

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 01 Nov 2020 13:24

bcubed
Royals and Racers

Even though I’m a Sky sports subscriber I’d be quite happy if we weren’t on Sky ever again!

Speaking as a Sky Sports subscriber I’d prefer to watch games on ifollow than the red button anyway as you get better coverage/replays etc. plus you can listen to local radio commentary teams that do at least know a little about the club and the current context.

By the way does anyone have a complete list of all the Reading games that have been shown live on SKY down the years?

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 01 Nov 2020 16:07

Sutekh
bcubed
Royals and Racers Indeed, but not so clever for SKY Sports subscribers who now lose out.

Speaking as a Sky Sports subscriber I’d prefer to watch games on ifollow than the red button anyway as you get better coverage/replays etc. plus you can listen to local radio commentary teams that do at least know a little about the club and the current context.

By the way does anyone have a complete list of all the Reading games that have been shown live on SKY down the years?

Agreed

It would be interesting to see the results of TV games, excluding red button
Probably find it makes no difference, but it feels like we play badly and/or lose when Sky turn up!

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict

by Kitsondinho » 01 Nov 2020 16:48

Preston also appears to not be on the Red Button on Wed (for similar 19:00 k/o reasons I assume)

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 02 Nov 2020 15:13

When did we change our name to Leeds Utd.? Four of the first five games after this International break are on on Sky. Millwall being the exception. That means a few more defeats, then. Details of the KO times (mostly Saturday 12.30 Kick Offs) on Reading FC website.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 02 Nov 2020 16:45

The Royal Forester When did we change our name to Leeds Utd.?

Assuming this is a joke, as I can't see anything on the official site about it.

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 02 Nov 2020 16:51

Pepe the Horseman
The Royal Forester When did we change our name to Leeds Utd.?

Assuming this is a joke, as I can't see anything on the official site about it.

Try this

https://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/2020/n ... spotlight/

EDIT, It also mentions other matches with revised times.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 02 Nov 2020 17:00

Chameleon

See the tweet at the top. One of the ITKs (who also broke news of Cov and Stoke being televised) is saying that those 4 have been selected.

https://twitter.com/ExclusivesFc/status ... 3790320640

Top work by the ITK :D

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 03 Nov 2020 09:27

Sutekh
bcubed
Royals and Racers Indeed, but not so clever for SKY Sports subscribers who now lose out.

Fully agree. Also the clubs need the income. Little point in being a Sky Sports subscriber if clubs no longer exist!

3158 posts