Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

Re: Royals on the Box/Internet Thread

by Platypuss » 04 Nov 2020 19:14

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 04 Nov 2020 20:07

Silver Fox How exactly are players affected by TV cameras? I think Sutekh actually hits the nail on the head when he mentions that we were playing shite when selected for all those games (except Cov last Friday)

we were shit anyway during this period
What would be interesting* is how we have performed historically as some of us (I think) believe we have played badly in front of Sky for years

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 07 Nov 2020 12:17

https://www.radiotimes.com/technology/2 ... eals-2020/

link to NOW TV Sky Sports month pass at £25 per month for 3 months is on the link above. when trying to buy through my account it was £33/month

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 07 Nov 2020 18:30

bcubed
Silver Fox How exactly are players affected by TV cameras? I think Sutekh actually hits the nail on the head when he mentions that we were playing shite when selected for all those games (except Cov last Friday)

we were shit anyway during this period
What would be interesting* is how we have performed historically as some of us (I think) believe we have played badly in front of Sky for years
and there's another game to add to those stats...

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 12 Nov 2020 09:40

Now TV is total shit, can't pause the game.

Any alternatives?

I much prefer ifollow even with their shit adverts in the break

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 12 Nov 2020 10:27

Millsy Now TV is total shit, can't pause the game.

Any alternatives?

really? Sky's coverage is loads better than ifollow

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 12 Nov 2020 16:24

Hound
Millsy Now TV is total shit, can't pause the game.

Any alternatives?

really? Sky's coverage is loads better than ifollow

True the coverage may be but firstly I miss Tim and Mick, prefer them to randomers any day of the week but the biggest drawback for me is inability to pause the game. Extremely useful when trying to watch at home with kids/ egg-chasing footy-hating wife trying to sabotage your life every 2 minutes.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 12 Nov 2020 18:46

It always feels like any Sky pundits are just either reciting facts about Reading off the internet or are guessing them, probably because they are. Even if Tim and Mick are morons who spend most the game talking about pigeons or that time Mick was on a mad one in Magaluf, at least they do know most of the Reading players names.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 12 Nov 2020 19:55

Jagermesiter1871 It always feels like any Sky pundits are just either reciting facts about Reading off the internet or are guessing them, probably because they are. Even if Tim and Mick are morons who spend most the game talking about pigeons or that time Mick was on a mad one in Magaluf, at least they do know most of the Reading players names.

Even if they can't pronounce them

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 13 Nov 2020 08:33

Jagermesiter1871 It always feels like any Sky pundits are just either reciting facts about Reading off the internet or are guessing them, probably because they are. Even if Tim and Mick are morons who spend most the game talking about pigeons or that time Mick was on a mad one in Magaluf, at least they do know most of the Reading players names.

This'll be the case for most of the teams in EFL though. Especially teams who have barely been on TV/irrelevant as we have been, over the last few years.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 13 Nov 2020 09:57

Hendo

This'll be the case for most of the teams in EFL though. Especially teams who have barely been on TV/irrelevant as we have been, over the last few years.

Yeh agree but is a reason Tim & Mick are better.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 13 Nov 2020 10:04

Jagermesiter1871
Hendo

Except when they;

a) don't describe accurately what's going on in the match - as it was painfully obvious last year when the majority of people were watching with their commentary.

b) can't accurately identify the players (especially Tim), most of the time it being black players.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 13 Nov 2020 10:20

Hendo

Don't you start

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 13 Nov 2020 13:21

Hendo
Jagermesiter1871
Hendo

Except when they;

a) don't describe accurately what's going on in the match - as it was painfully obvious last year when the majority of people were watching with their commentary.

b) can't accurately identify the players (especially Tim), most of the time it being black players.

Yeh but other than then.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 13 Nov 2020 14:04

Call me old fashioned, but point a is pretty key for any commentator and if they can't get that right, I'm switching off.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 13 Nov 2020 14:52

Jagermesiter1871
Hendo
Jagermesiter1871

Except when they;

Yeh but other than then.

And the mispronounciation of names. Olise for example

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 14 Nov 2020 12:00

bcubed

Even if they can't pronounce them

Or put them to the right faces.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 15 Nov 2020 10:28

This.

And they actually care about Reading. Can correlate the performance, formation, lineup with others they’ve been watching, and can comment on other squad/sub options because they actually know the team etc etc.

That over getting player names right and being technically better TV-commentators every time for me. If I’m watching the flipping match I have my own eyes so it doesn’t matter. And if I’m not then I really don’t give a flying flamingo if at a given moment it’s Richards who has the ball instead of Ejaria, I’ll get as good a gist of the game as I can hope for or care about on radio. Big moments will be corrected and I can check out on extended highlights if I’m really that anal.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 15 Nov 2020 14:36

Millsy

This.

And they actually care about Reading. Can correlate the performance, formation, lineup with others they’ve been watching, and can comment on other squad/sub options because they actually know the team etc etc.

That over getting player names right and being technically better TV-commentators every time for me. If I’m watching the flipping match I have my own eyes so it doesn’t matter. And if I’m not then I really don’t give a flying flamingo if at a given moment it’s Richards who has the ball instead of Ejaria, I’ll get as good a gist of the game as I can hope for or care about on radio. Big moments will be corrected and I can check out on extended highlights if I’m really that anal.

+1

And you still have the amusement of Tim getting players names wrong - think he’s even got Ejaria and Swift confused before. Though sadly he seems to be getting better at getting it right.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 16 Nov 2020 22:17

Platypuss https://daddylive.club/channels/stream-10.php#

So you’re alive?

We thought you’d finally gone off grid.

3151 posts