Royals on the Box/Internet Thread

3140 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Royals on the Box/Internet Thread

by Snowflake Royal » 24 Jan 2021 13:24

viprow usually does me fine when IFollow is unavailable.

I accept no responsibility for a horrible viruses. I don't think I've had any issues, but I'm pretty clueless.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 29 Jan 2021 15:53

Liam Moore in the sky studio tonight

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 29 Jan 2021 16:27

Michael Morrison is the guest tomorrow on EFL on Quest.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TalkReading/ ... 0767746056

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 29 Jan 2021 22:46

Crowbar6753
NewCorkSeth oxf*rd me. This is killing my annual Ifoloow fee.

Hi Seth,
I hear ya, i'm stuck in the Alberta Rockies, Canada and when ifollow came out it was amazing to be able to watch games again. Its been great the last two seasons as we've been pretty dire in general, however, now that we've become more attractive to watch "SKY" are all over it!!

I've choose to subcribe to "DAZN" as they show alot of the championship games that Sky pick up so i know have about 90% of the games covered lol.

I'm looking at ESPN+ as another option but not much luck. Sky would be the ultimate but its to expensive, plus you need a VPN..

ESPN+ is great value in the US. IIRC about $5.99 a month and they've broadcast all of our games that have been on Sky Football
(not the game that was on Sky Arena).

Presumably you can make it appear as though you are in the US. I've managed to see some games on ESPN+ when our daughter was commentating on USL games,

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 31 Jan 2021 09:32

Although it could change, this appears to be the schedule for the next few matches
Saturday 6th Feb Stoke A ifollow
Wednesday 10th Feb Brentford H ifollow
Saturday 13th Feb Millwall H ifollow
Tuesday 16th Feb Bristol City A SKY red button and ifollow
Saturday 20th Feb Middlesbrough H ifollow
Tuesday 23rd Feb Wycombe A SKY red button and ifollow
Saturday 27th Feb Rotherham A ifollow
Tuesday 2nd march Blackburn H SKY Sports football

JR

by JR » 31 Jan 2021 11:13

morganb Michael Morrison is the guest tomorrow on EFL on Quest.

Media loving us at the moment and Paunovic must have signed off on us getting a bit higher profile.

I thought Morro did alright - came across as a nice chap and they allowed a good chunk of time for discussion on us.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 31 Jan 2021 12:27

JR

Media loving us at the moment and Paunovic must have signed off on us getting a bit higher profile.

I thought Morro did alright - came across as a nice chap and they allowed a good chunk of time for discussion on us.

No more live Sky games until at least March, I shall be writing to my MP to complain. Perhaps we should also start a petition.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 31 Jan 2021 13:14

Well Bournemouth are on the TV a total of 4 times in this period so will be nice for the nation to see their further capitulation.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 31 Jan 2021 14:19

Sutekh
JR

No more live Sky games until at least March, I shall be writing to my MP to complain. Perhaps we should also start a petition.

They’ll change some to sky, almost certainly.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 06 Feb 2021 14:48

Sounds like the powers that be at BBC Berks are cutting costs again & not letting Dellor & Gooding travel to Stoke on the pretext that it's Covid related. Funny how reporters can travel to report on other events around the country.

Are J Low and M Joy at the game or are they writing their reports and tweets off the back of the iFollow video?

So iFollow video is either home commentary or nothing at all. iFollow audio and BBC Radio Berks listeners will get commentary courtesy of Dellor and Gooding watching the iFollow video in Reading!

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 06 Feb 2021 19:10

RoyalBlue Sounds like the powers that be at BBC Berks are cutting costs again & not letting Dellor & Gooding travel to Stoke on the pretext that it's Covid related. Funny how reporters can travel to report on other events around the country.

Are J Low and M Joy at the game or are they writing their reports and tweets off the back of the iFollow video?

So iFollow video is either home commentary or nothing at all. iFollow audio and BBC Radio Berks listeners will get commentary courtesy of Dellor and Gooding watching the iFollow video in Reading!

I'm not convinced Low ever goes based on the lack of a proper report ever being put out on get reading.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 06 Feb 2021 19:24

The HT score came up on soccer Saturday today while they were still commentating on the first half.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 17 Feb 2021 18:48

What the oxf*rd did Jonathan Low tweet? Whatever it was it upset Liam Moore and Yiadom retweeted it, he must have deleted the post pretty sharply.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 17 Feb 2021 18:58

tidus_mi2 What the oxf*rd did Jonathan Low tweet? Whatever it was it upset Liam Moore and Yiadom retweeted it, he must have deleted the post pretty sharply.

Was it the article that he wrote suggesting that both Ejaria and Olise supposedly had rows with VP during the game and were promptly subbed?

https://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/paunovics-spats-star-midfield-pair-19855416

If so, it's great that the players are seemingly closing ranks with the manager. It reinforces the perception that it really is a close-knit outfit that wins, draws and loses as a club.
Last edited by RoyalBlue on 17 Feb 2021 19:06, edited 1 time in total.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 17 Feb 2021 19:01

He said they both squared up to the manager.

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 17 Feb 2021 19:16

tidus_mi2 What the oxf*rd did Jonathan Low tweet? Whatever it was it upset Liam Moore and Yiadom retweeted it, he must have deleted the post pretty sharply.

I'm assuming it was a link to this article

https://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/paunovics-spats-star-midfield-pair-19855416

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 25 Feb 2021 14:11

Not sure why but Adam Le Fondre is going to be on TalkSport this afternoon, sometime between now and 4pm.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 27 Feb 2021 18:01

Today I tried watching the game on a monitor whilst listening to the BBC Berks commentary on Freeview 719. Bizarrely, given Dellor and Gooding were commentating from the iFollow feed, their commentary coming over on Freeview 719 was a couple of seconds ahead of my own iFollow stream. I thought it would be the other way around.

Anyway, switched to and enjoyed the commentary from the Mick Gooding fan club on Rotherham's iFollow. Strangely, whilst they knew he'd now got his own estate agency business (one said he was surprised because he always thought he wasn't that bright!) they didn't seem to know that he is a commentator/pundit for BBC Berks!

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 27 Feb 2021 21:53

RoyalBlue Today I tried watching the game on a monitor whilst listening to the BBC Berks commentary on Freeview 719. Bizarrely, given Dellor and Gooding were commentating from the iFollow feed, their commentary coming over on Freeview 719 was a couple of seconds ahead of my own iFollow stream. I thought it would be the other way around.

Anyway, switched to and enjoyed the commentary from the Mick Gooding fan club on Rotherham's iFollow. Strangely, whilst they knew he'd now got his own estate agency business (one said he was surprised because he always thought he wasn't that bright!) they didn't seem to know that he is a commentator/pundit for BBC Berks!

Are you sure? One of them was talking about him not being able to come because of the covid, and then they talked about welcoming the Reading fans - sounded to me like they knew he commenated, but wouldn't be there... Maybe I hallucinated that bit.

Have to say I really enjoyed the commentary, clearly they wanted Rotherham to do well, but they were very fair. Olise their man of the match.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 27 Feb 2021 22:04

RoyalBlue they didn't seem to know that he is a commentator/pundit for BBC Berks!

They knew he was. As said they looked forward to meeting him every time Reading played there. Mick Gooding started his playing career at Rotherham! Probably went there as well as Reading manager.

3140 posts