Royals on the Box/Internet Thread

3140 posts
LightwaterRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Royals on the Box/Internet Thread

by LightwaterRoyal » 06 Aug 2018 17:04

I logged in to play the audio before the match started and saw both audio and video options. Didn't think anything of it at the time but I do remember from last season that you only had the video option if you were abroad or using a VPN. Adding to that if the match was on Sky then they wouldn't stream it via Ifollow.

I watched it on Sky anyway but someone definitely oxf*rd up there.

Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 11 Aug 2018 15:16

Is anyone managing to get the broadcast on iFollow? I just get a slate screen ....

MM

by MM » 11 Aug 2018 15:20

Same, can get commentary but the video isn't working.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 11 Aug 2018 15:21

Dick Habbin's hairdo Is anyone managing to get the broadcast on iFollow? I just get a slate screen ....

Nor working for me either.
Heard a refund is on the way. :wink:

Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 11 Aug 2018 15:23

Denver Royal
Dick Habbin's hairdo Is anyone managing to get the broadcast on iFollow? I just get a slate screen ....

Yeah, that'll be enough for a pint in the White Horse.... if it ever materialises.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 11 Aug 2018 15:28

Dick Habbin's hairdo
Denver Royal

Yeah, that'll be enough for a pint in the White Horse.... if it ever materialises.

It's really disgraceful. First iFollow game of season (Derby was on Sky), and they have probs already. Any and all bugs should be worked out by now. They aren't even responding at all on the IFollow Suport Chat thingy

LightwaterRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by LightwaterRoyal » 11 Aug 2018 15:41

I may or may not have it included in an IPTV package. But none of the Ifollow channels on there are working. I have however been assured that they usually do so I'll have to check back next week.

10539.4 Miles Away
Hob Nob Regular

by 10539.4 Miles Away » 11 Aug 2018 16:12

LightwaterRoyal I may or may not have it included in an IPTV package. But none of the Ifollow channels on there are working. I have however been assured that they usually do so I'll have to check back next week.

What is this magic you speak of? (pm if necessary)

LightwaterRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by LightwaterRoyal » 11 Aug 2018 16:34

10539.4 Miles Away
LightwaterRoyal I may or may not have it included in an IPTV package. But none of the Ifollow channels on there are working. I have however been assured that they usually do so I'll have to check back next week.

What is this magic you speak of? (pm if necessary)

Could you pm me please. Apologies but I can't seem to find that function. :oops: I'm only 24 aswell :lol:

But yes it is literal magic and a godsend for fans like me that live a long way away.

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 12 Aug 2018 13:28

Denver Royal
Dick Habbin's hairdo
Denver Royal

It's really disgraceful. First iFollow game of season (Derby was on Sky), and they have probs already. Any and all bugs should be worked out by now. They aren't even responding at all on the IFollow Suport Chat thingy

While Derby was on Sky, they did (mistakenly I think) show it on iFollow. I don't even subscribe to the live matches so it was a major cock-up by someone. Anyway, it worked brilliantly last week :lol:

I see now that it's been put on iFollow for those that don't subscribe to the full match, the commentary only kicks in after about 20 minutes. I hope they sort it out soon. Getting up at 1:45 am to record the BBC Berks commentary was a real drag last season (and I gave up before the end of the season).

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 13 Aug 2018 10:32

Issues were definitely iFollow wide on Saturday - certainly going by the grumblings on Twitter.

Whilst it was annoying, and hopefully a one off. I was really impressed with the updated service.

The video stream had BBC Berks commentary over it as standard and in sync whilst the score/match time are now visible. Picture was superb as well. Much improved service. Now if it can just add replays for goals, would be spot on.

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 14 Aug 2018 05:46

I really love having the commentary now.

A+

78royal

by 78royal » 14 Aug 2018 09:14

Can you pay to watch just one match on iFollow now or do you have to sign up for the whole season?

KentRoyal

by KentRoyal » 14 Aug 2018 10:00

Not sure if anyone has brought it up before but sky are showing EVERY midweek championship game on the red button. This means they will be showing the games against Blackburn, Leeds, and Norwich, both home and away. I’m still hurting after 7-1

Basildon

by Basildon » 14 Aug 2018 12:30

KentRoyal Not sure if anyone has brought it up before but sky are showing EVERY midweek championship game on the red button. This means they will be showing the games against Blackburn, Leeds, and Norwich, both home and away. I’m still hurting after 7-1

thanks for the heads up, was not aware of that!

KentRoyal

by KentRoyal » 14 Aug 2018 13:10

Basildon
KentRoyal Not sure if anyone has brought it up before but sky are showing EVERY midweek championship game on the red button. This means they will be showing the games against Blackburn, Leeds, and Norwich, both home and away. I’m still hurting after 7-1

I only found out because of an advert on tv. Sky should advertise it more because quite a few fans don’t know about it

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 14 Aug 2018 16:43

Any chance of a stream for tonight's game?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 14 Aug 2018 16:52

KentRoyal
Basildon

I only found out because of an advert on tv. Sky should advertise it more because quite a few fans don’t know about it

yeah its been mentioned on here quite a lot, but agree Sky haven't marketed it especially well. Its a huge win when so many of our games are against horrible northern teams.

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 14 Aug 2018 18:45

Thanks for the sky mention, had completely forgotten about that, though there may be times when im not able to watch live (or at least a good chunk of the first half anyway) and you can't record the red button coverage can you?

PremAddict
Hob Nob Regular

by PremAddict » 14 Aug 2018 19:09

Jagermesiter1871 Any chance of a stream for tonight's game?

Unfortunately only audio: https://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/2018/a ... r-you-are/

3140 posts