Celebrations ruined

134 posts
Royal & Ancient
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Celebrations ruined

by Royal & Ancient » 11 Sep 2011 12:20

Well thank you R.F.C. for ruining our week. Our Golden Wedding anniversary, superb meal out with loads of friends, big home party with even more and then we go on Saturday to one of the worst games that I can remember in all my 60 + years of supporting this Club. And certainly this is my last as I, as well as the Chairman, can no longer afford to support such dross. My shirt will now be used to clean the car and whether I use my S/T again is open to doubt.Angry - you bet I am.
And, I know that some of you will defend him, but if you get such a negative outlook from SJM (I refuse to recognise the 'gongs' ) then this spreads right through the whole Club and now the supporters! Just thank goodness we did not use the expensive hospitality suite.
So if they go down a Division and more in the future as they deserve then I won't be there.
Goodbye!!!!

who are ya?
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Celebrations ruined

by who are ya? » 11 Sep 2011 12:21

Laterz

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 11 Sep 2011 12:28

Royal & Ancient So if they go down a Division and more in the future as they deserve then I won't be there.
Goodbye!!!!

and we don't need plastic supporters like you either. i'd rather have a crowd of 6000 again than idiots like you who sit there and bitch all the time.

i don't care what division we are in, i'll be there every week like i have been for the last 25 years.

in for away to crawley on a wet tuesday evening!

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 11 Sep 2011 12:30

Royal & Ancient Well thank you R.F.C. for ruining our week. Our Golden Wedding anniversary, superb meal out with loads of friends, big home party with even more and then we go on Saturday to one of the worst games that I can remember in all my 60 + years of supporting this Club. And certainly this is my last as I, as well as the Chairman, can no longer afford to support such dross. My shirt will now be used to clean the car and whether I use my S/T again is open to doubt.Angry - you bet I am.
And, I know that some of you will defend him, but if you get such a negative outlook from SJM (I refuse to recognise the 'gongs' ) then this spreads right through the whole Club and now the supporters! Just thank goodness we did not use the expensive hospitality suite.
So if they go down a Division and more in the future as they deserve then I won't be there.
Goodbye!!!!

and yet you managed to stick with a marriage for 60 years

Winnershroyal

by Winnershroyal » 11 Sep 2011 12:31

Yeah bye, you will be missed.

Laugh a fortnight.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 11 Sep 2011 12:32

I absolutely agree with R&A but I'll be back supporting more crap v Doncaster (and I bet he is as well).

PS - I think you'll find that the shirt material isn't much cop for cleaning anything .....

Toon Toon Blue army

by Toon Toon Blue army » 11 Sep 2011 12:57

LOL at letting a football match ruin your Golden Wedding anniversary.. get a life!

zummerset

by zummerset » 11 Sep 2011 12:59

Congratulations on your anniversary - lets get some perspective R & A.

Muguire

by Muguire » 11 Sep 2011 13:44

Royal & Ancient Well thank you R.F.C. for ruining our week. Our Golden Wedding anniversary, superb meal out with loads of friends, big home party with even more and then we go on Saturday to one of the worst games that I can remember in all my 60 + years of supporting this Club. And certainly this is my last as I, as well as the Chairman, can no longer afford to support such dross. My shirt will now be used to clean the car and whether I use my S/T again is open to doubt.Angry - you bet I am.
Goodbye!!!!

TBF you could be in your box before the season's out anyway :!:

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 11 Sep 2011 13:51

Goodbye!!!!

How are you celebrating your Golden Wedding anniversary when you're clearly 14 years old?

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 11 Sep 2011 13:56

Tbf Reading obviously put on a poor display for you. Because it's all about you bro.

MeMeMe

by MeMeMe » 11 Sep 2011 13:58

Friday's Legacy
Royal & Ancient So if they go down a Division and more in the future as they deserve then I won't be there.
Goodbye!!!!

and we don't need plastic supporters like you either. i'd rather have a crowd of 6000 again than idiots like you who sit there and bitch all the time.

i don't care what division we are in, i'll be there every week like i have been for the last 25 years.

in for away to crawley on a wet tuesday evening!

Don't think you can really call him a plastic supporter... you missed the bit..."in all my 60 + years of supporting this Club". So he will have been there through all divs, Elm Park, thick and thin !.

ankeny
Hob Nob Regular

by ankeny » 11 Sep 2011 14:01

Muguire
Goodbye!!!!

No wonder this board is going downhill with nasty ignorant tossers like you on here,show some fukin respect you nerd.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 11 Sep 2011 14:03

No idea why all the old boys are leaving this board/the club in their droves but can a mod help them do it all in one thread please.

I'm so annoyed about yesterday I'm never going to watch them again this season and i'll stand by this until at least Friday night

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 11 Sep 2011 14:11

Come on R&A, you've been watching 60 years, there must have been worse moments in that time.

Cookie

by Cookie » 11 Sep 2011 14:20

LUX Come on R&A, you've been watching 60 years, there must have been worse moments in that time.

:lol: Ayone remember the Burns era, Michael Meaker's return with his Bristol Rovers crowd stands out for me.

The HNAarchive reports . .
"Completely unbeliveable. Words can't really describe the second half seen at the Madejski Stadium this afternoon. Shocking. Embarasing. I still find it hard to believe that we let in six second half goals. It's even harder to believe that the result probably isn't a fair reflection of the game - it should have been at least 0-10."
Last edited by Cookie on 11 Sep 2011 14:31, edited 1 time in total.

zummerset

by zummerset » 11 Sep 2011 14:21

Good point Lux - I remember some utterly shite, cold, wet days at Elm Park watching muddy cloggers play the most prehistoric hoofball in Div 4 and with the additional benefit of urine soaked stands transmitting up my jeans...

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 11 Sep 2011 14:25

ankeny
Muguire
Goodbye!!!!

No wonder this board is going downhill with nasty ignorant tossers like you on here,show some fukin respect you nerd.

LOL. No wonder this board's going down the hill when most can't even understand the concept of irony.

Anyway, to the OP, please don't claim to have been a supporter of the club if you're going to jump ship just a few months after we reached the play-off final. It's a little bit pathetic.

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 11 Sep 2011 14:42

To the originator of this thread...if you have GENUINELY supported Reading FC for 60+ years then trust me, times have been a lot worse than this.
You clearly do not remember the early 1970s (when we couldn't even get out of the 4th division). You don't remember the early 1980s when some crowds were less than 2000. You don't remember nearly going out of existence with Maxwell.

Yeah it hurt yesterday. Yeah it ruined my weekend. Yeah it's horrible being 2nd bottom of the table. Will I be back against Doncaster...YEP.
And will I be renewing my ST next season (in whatever division we are in)?....YEP.

Point is....you enjoy the good times and roll with the bad times. That is what being a supporter is about.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 11 Sep 2011 14:46

Goodbye!!!!

Then why SJM rather than JM ?

134 posts