Best RFC pitch invasions of our time

M0J0

Re: Best RFC pitch invasions of our time

by M0J0 » 23 Sep 2011 16:50

soggy biscuit
General B 1994 - Bournemouth 2-1 Reading - for pretty much the entire match.

The one that I first thought of when I saw the thread title. Quinn scored his 40th of the season that night I believe. I am sure they gave us 2 stands that night as well. I was a young whipersnapper just behind the goal!

LOL @ the fan that ran on and finished off Gilkes long range shot on goal meaning the goal was obviously disallowed.

You are correct,we had 2 stands, if you were behind the goal we also had the stand to your right.

as for the fan who finished off the Gilksey longrange shot, was it going in, it looked to be going

a little wide to me.

As i recall didn't the speaker system take every opportunity to say "stay off of the pitch"

Red rag as i see it.

gubbins

by gubbins » 23 Sep 2011 17:14

May be the most obscure invasion ... early 1970s ? Reading reserves v Tottenham reserves ... about 15 fans left the terrace behind the Town End and cut across the corner of the pitch to get to the C stand where a fight had broken out between an old bloke and a non playing Spurs youth team player, non other than Graham Souness.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 23 Sep 2011 17:56

gubbins May be the most obscure invasion ... early 1970s ? Reading reserves v Tottenham reserves ... about 15 fans left the terrace behind the Town End and cut across the corner of the pitch to get to the C stand where a fight had broken out between an old bloke and a non playing Spurs youth team player, non other than Graham Souness.
now that's what I call quality

oldebiscuit

by oldebiscuit » 23 Sep 2011 19:53

AthleticoSpizz
gubbins May be the most obscure invasion ... early 1970s ? Reading reserves v Tottenham reserves ... about 15 fans left the terrace behind the Town End and cut across the corner of the pitch to get to the C stand where a fight had broken out between an old bloke and a non playing Spurs youth team player, non other than Graham Souness.
now that's what I call quality

I was there that night as a young boy. There used to be a telegraph pole on the cinder path behind the 'Town End' goal and beside it a folding chair on which a bobby would sit. I recall that chair being launched into the penalty area whilst a very boisterous group chanted 'We Want A Riot!" I was thrilled as a child and delighted to recite the tale next day in the school playground as if i was one of the leaders.

oldebiscuit

by oldebiscuit » 23 Sep 2011 20:03

FiNeRaIn
oldebiscuit
FiNeRaIn I was onthe pitch for the 0-0 with cambridge as well, steward says " im not stopping you lads"...so we all piled over and ran on to voice disgust at madejski.

Well, well, well,. Would you believe it? That invasion was an embarrassment to all associated with the Club. I remember it well. It was totally un-called for, it was just an excuse for a handfull of morons to have their 'moment of glory' (ironic) on the pitch. This achieved nothing, except provoking a chorus of 'oxf*rd' from the disgusted majority, and a needless fine for the Club.
Anyone involved that day was just a pathetic child, or perhaps an inadequate with a mental age of perhaps about 13. To admit you were there is at best cringe time, and to actually be proud of it is astounding. It tells us a lot.

Get over yourself you bitter old fool, you only ever come out of the woodwork to attack the usual suspects on here. You are a complete idiot.
We were utter garbage at that point and enough was enough. The point was made and we actually improved afterwards. What I didn't like about the invasion was the fans going over to the cambridge fans to have a pop at them, completely needless and stupid.

It was over 11 years ago in a corwd of less than 7,00 on a no win in 8 streak. You could argue the fans there that day were true fans. Did you even go?

You lack eloquence, and i must say that i am not bitter, old or a fool, and most definately not an idiot. Your advice to me to 'get over myself' is so out of context, and once again you have lost the argument immediately by just spouting thoughtless abuse.
Incidently, the game was not long after Pardew had taken over from the flop Burns. Yes the football was poor but improving. this particular game was not up to much, but the childrens pitch invasion was just an excuse for the 10 year olds to show some attitude and have a moment of glory on the pitch. Thats all.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 23 Sep 2011 20:23

a good retort "Olde"..and yes some on here would've been those very ten year olds that you are referring to.

But take it from one who has tried in the past...when it comes to hna, polishing pack-hound sh1t is quite frankly a waste of good polish....good luck in the further baiting that will now (no doubt) be exclusively yours :wink:
Last edited by AthleticoSpizz on 23 Sep 2011 20:25, edited 1 time in total.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 23 Sep 2011 20:25

A couple of times in the mid 70s I did my "own pitch invasion" after we'd scored. Around 1975 (aged 15) I ran on the pitch accompanied by another 2-3 fans to pat the scorer and it was on The Big Match the next day. I think Minty was the scorer. I had a denim jacket with three football club badges on it - Reading's, Chelsea's (hate them now) and Derby County's (my mum's side of the family come from Derby and I used to go and watch them every Easter). Sorry, I'm drivelling on. Can anybody tell me the match that was on the telly? It was great watching it on Southern TV the next day at a mate's who I'd been to the match with. (We couldn't get Southern TV at the bottom of a hill in Thatcham although we could get Midlands TV so I was able to watch Batman 4 times a week in the 60's!!! Those were the days. Ah well.)

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 23 Sep 2011 20:27

probably the last day 3-1 win game against Crewe

My mates home made banner still shows up on the wall in the Tilehurst end on that tv clip