Cedric Baseya

418 posts
Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Cedric Baseya

by Wycombe Royal » 21 Sep 2011 12:26

Svlad Cjelli I don't actually think FiNeRaIn is being serious here. He can't be, surely?

One would hope not.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 21 Sep 2011 12:28

I can't remember the last time he made a post that was him being serious on here tbh

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 21 Sep 2011 12:30

Whats not to be serious about? Club in spending money they don't have and going bust shocker. This is how it starts...small 50k a year signings and it escalates from there like a gambling addiction. Ask benito carbone what happened at bradford and he'll giggle into his starbucks coffee while eating a scone.

We need 3/4 strikers around the first team, the rest should be moved on bar the 17/18 year old youth academy one's. Lawson d'ath for example is a prospect.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 21 Sep 2011 12:31

I can't see this as the sort of signing that will increase attendence at the next home game - unless he plays against Cov and has an absolute blinder. Neither of which will happen.

I don't think that I have been so under-whelmed by a signing ever made by the club. Sure, there have been some that raised an eyebrow - eg Paul Bodin but Baseya? Leaves me with a massive :|

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 21 Sep 2011 12:39

FiNeRaIn
rhroyal Poor logic. We take chances on several academy players and cheap, basement signings. Some will come good, offer something to the team and be sold on at a good value. Some won't. You just assume that the success stories will more than cancel out the failures. Up front, we now have Williams and this guy in development. We also have Bignall in the academy and other kids in the development team; Ugwu and Murphy. If 1 or 2 out of all these guys come good and offer something to the team, that will probably cancel out the expense of all the others.

We can't afford this. What do you guys not understand? We need to cut the cloth to make ourselves more sustainable. This is a completely pointless signing when we have 7 other options up front. Needless expenses. We weren't struggling when we bought people like doyle and long, even they however were more proven than this guy.

Assuming he's on 1k a week this gamble will cost a whopping 9k.

You really just cannot resist any opportunity to slag off the club huh? :|

JimmytheJim

by JimmytheJim » 21 Sep 2011 12:42

winchester_royal
FiNeRaIn
rhroyal Poor logic. We take chances on several academy players and cheap, basement signings. Some will come good, offer something to the team and be sold on at a good value. Some won't. You just assume that the success stories will more than cancel out the failures. Up front, we now have Williams and this guy in development. We also have Bignall in the academy and other kids in the development team; Ugwu and Murphy. If 1 or 2 out of all these guys come good and offer something to the team, that will probably cancel out the expense of all the others.

We can't afford this. What do you guys not understand? We need to cut the cloth to make ourselves more sustainable. This is a completely pointless signing when we have 7 other options up front. Needless expenses. We weren't struggling when we bought people like doyle and long, even they however were more proven than this guy.

...?

roadrunner
Hob Nob Regular

by roadrunner » 21 Sep 2011 12:42

I don't expect we'll see this lad in the first team until at least the new year, injuries permitting.

Le Fondre, Hunt, Church, Manset are the favoured front four.

Robson-Kanu, Williams, Bignall, Baseya are the backup.

It really is an odd signing. I can only think that Williams and Bignall are looking bleak, and HRK is prefered as a winger. Even so, still an odd one this.

M-U-R-T-Y
Hob Nob Regular

by M-U-R-T-Y » 21 Sep 2011 12:44

There must be something they've seen in him shirley. Otherwise I'm a bit baffled.

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 21 Sep 2011 12:44

We've not really got a great big brute we can throw on for knock-downs at corners for the last 10 minutes when we're a goal behind. Manset's not that player, this guy might be.

Tredder
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Tredder » 21 Sep 2011 12:46

Pepe the Horseman

Just missing a board and his name.

roadrunner
Hob Nob Regular

by roadrunner » 21 Sep 2011 12:49

Tredder
Pepe the Horseman

Just missing a board and his name.

R8pe eyes.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 21 Sep 2011 12:50

JimmytheJim
winchester_royal
FiNeRaIn We can't afford this. What do you guys not understand? We need to cut the cloth to make ourselves more sustainable. This is a completely pointless signing when we have 7 other options up front. Needless expenses. We weren't struggling when we bought people like doyle and long, even they however were more proven than this guy.

...?

He's a qualified accountant donchaknow? :wink:

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 21 Sep 2011 12:50

winchester_royal Assuming he's on 1k a week this gamble will cost a whopping 9k.

My apologies, I didn't realise he had only signed a 9 week contract. This is much less of a risk.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 21 Sep 2011 12:53

It does seem a bit WTF this signing. I hope McD isn't losing it. He signed Khumalo played him for one (or was it 2) games and he didn't appear up to it, so he then he signed Gorkss. He signed ALF, he played his home debut and then he was dropped. He was only a sub on Saturday remember.

Now, I don't know what's going on his mind, but to be honest, anyone who thinks signing a (nearly) 24 year old who has yet to score in his football career is a great move (irrespective of how much he is going to take in wages) is going a bit la-la in my book.

He might become another Doyle/Senior or whatever - but they were, at least, proven in lower leagues and had scored hatfuls of goals. So, I'm not holding my breath on this one, but I'll be interested to see what McD and the scouts see in him.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 21 Sep 2011 12:59

Svlad Cjelli PS - I'm not pro-club on this, I'm anti-people who are prepared to rubbish a player they've not seen and didn't know existed an hour ago on the basis of a single line of statistics.

To be fair, I think most of the criticism* is not that he's a bad player but that we've got plenty of options upfront already and it just seems that we're collecting cheap forwards as gambles. I'm not sure the scatter-gun approach is working that well for us but I'm not rubbishing the player himself.

* if you can really call it that, I'd say it's more comment and surprise

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 21 Sep 2011 12:59

Royal Rother
JimmytheJim ...?

He's a qualified accountant donchaknow? :wink:

:oops:

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 21 Sep 2011 13:00

I wonder what they see in him too, I was hoping Mansett would be the target man we needed to play with Alf.

Maybe he's just a cheap backup for Mansett in case of injuries.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 21 Sep 2011 13:01

No goals? :shock:

It can only get better.....................

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 21 Sep 2011 13:04

But the point is that none of us knows anything until they see him - he may create chances for other strikers to put away. But the scouts & BMc will have spoken to other managers about him, and also seen video etc. Also, he was at Crewe with Simon Church so he maybe recommended him.

He might be crap - but nothing ventured nothing gained.....

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 21 Sep 2011 13:05

PieEater I wonder what they see in him too, I was hoping Mansett would be the target man we needed to play with Alf.

Maybe he's just a cheap backup for Mansett in case of injuries.

Have you seen Manset play? He's big yes, a target man for someone like Le Fondre to play off of he isn't though.

418 posts