Back From The Game - Coventry Away

robbieroyal

Re: Back From The Game - Coventry Away

by robbieroyal » 24 Sep 2011 22:07

Heard that Kebe was fit to play today vs Coventry but Brian Mac has dropped him due to his agent leaking the report in Today's "The Sun" newspaper.

He is clearly not interested, can't help thinking I wish we'd cashed in on him in the Summer. It's just completely obvious he's gonna do one nect yer on an FOC.

Do we need someone with this mentality in the squad? Considering his performances this year i'm not so sure.........

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 25 Sep 2011 00:54

Federici at fault for the goal, but was otherwise very sound and had 4 or 5 saves to make from distance. Probably our MOTM.

Cummings very good again, confident and smart.

Mills annoyed me. Is he under instructions to hit it long in to the channel every time? No intelligence and little composure to his game currently. Perhaps that will come with time.

The influence of our midfield pairing waxed and waned over the day. Leigertwood pretty poor again,too slow in possession. Tabb had lots of positive intent but doesn't really have the requisite skill/ acceleration to hurt teams going forward IMO.

Mcanuff shirked quite a few chalenges, hardly leading by example I thought. He had his moments but was some way off his best. Hunt's pathetic penalty seemed to ruin his confidence and he barely got anything right all game.

No complaints about le Fondre (nice work for the goal) or church. Unfortunately many promising situations broke down at the final ball, and neither forward had many chances.

HRK's enlivening cameo was probably the highlight of the day for me. I'd consider a start for him on tues whether or not kebe is back.

In conclusion; no atmosphere, no home crowd to speak of, an odd game where the momentum shifted every 10 minutes without really forcing anyone to care about it. Fair result.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 25 Sep 2011 07:51

Has McDermott said that any place is an easy place to go?
You realise that he's being respectful.

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 25 Sep 2011 09:29

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 25 Sep 2011 10:13

Man Friday Far too exaggerated a set of opinions from Carlos. Hunt's pen was a decent one. You'll see far worse go in. It produced a superb save from their 'keeper. Ok, it was hit a few inches too high but 9 times out of 10 a pen like that would go in.

I would question the quality of any penalty which a keeper manages to gather cleanly.

Upper West Ginger

by Upper West Ginger » 25 Sep 2011 11:04

Quote from a Coventry fan as we walked towards Tesco re the injury-time Jutkiewicz penalty:
"They are still looking for that ball in Bedworth. It'll be on EBay this evening. Appalling."

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 25 Sep 2011 11:08

You mean to say that Coventry vs Reading was in fact complete horsesh*t :shock: ? Well, who knew that would happen.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 25 Sep 2011 11:36

A little like panning for gold ATM.

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 25 Sep 2011 11:44

robbieroyal Heard that Kebe was fit to play today vs Coventry but Brian Mac has dropped him due to his agent leaking the report in Today's "The Sun" newspaper.

He is clearly not interested, can't help thinking I wish we'd cashed in on him in the Summer. It's just completely obvious he's gonna do one nect yer on an FOC.

Do we need someone with this mentality in the squad? Considering his performances this year i'm not so sure.........

Ever thought that he's a confidence player and that if he wants to move clubs then he would be trying to impress.

That Sun rumour is just LOLz!

readingbedding Has McDermott said that any place is an easy place to go?
You realise that he's being respectful.

Or that he's covering his backside on the back of another poor performance.

Always a favourite quote of managers up and down the country. Old Trafford is a tough place to go, the Ricoh isn't!

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 25 Sep 2011 14:18

floyd__streete You mean to say that Coventry vs Reading was in fact complete horsesh*t :shock: ? Well, who knew that would happen.

Not a single bit of fun was had that day.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 25 Sep 2011 14:37

robbieroyal Heard that Kebe was fit to play today vs Coventry but Brian Mac has dropped him due to his agent leaking the report in Today's "The Sun" newspaper.

Cobblers! Kebe is injured. He has an outside chance of making the Bristol game but is more likely to be involved in the embarrassment against Middlesbrough next week.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 25 Sep 2011 15:16

Interesting reading chaps. Sadly most of it seems like reporting that I could have had a good stab at knowing only the score!

No idea how Legs is surviving in midfield if he played as badly as he did in all the other games I've seen this season. Interesting Hunt's taken what's apparently another good penalty, only for it to be saved. That's apparently two pens in a row that'd go in 9/10 times that he's had saved.

Nice to hear Church & Le Fondre are forming a partnership. Howard & Jem in for Legs & Tabb, and HRK in for Hunt for the next game please.

Elmer Park

by Elmer Park » 25 Sep 2011 15:22

Ian Royal Interesting Hunt's taken what's apparently another good penalty, only for it to be saved. That's apparently two pens in a row that'd go in 9/10 times that he's had saved.

You have been misinformed on the Hunt penalty Ian. With most penalties that are saved I agree they would be considered good ones if the keeper had gone the opposite way but what was so very poor about Hunt's penalty yesterday was that he broke his run to draw the keeper into diving but then put the ball the same way the keeper had dived. I have never seen that before even in Irish football. A very poor penalty.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 25 Sep 2011 15:43

Elmer Park
Ian Royal Interesting Hunt's taken what's apparently another good penalty, only for it to be saved. That's apparently two pens in a row that'd go in 9/10 times that he's had saved.

You have been misinformed on the Hunt penalty Ian. With most penalties that are saved I agree they would be considered good ones if the keeper had gone the opposite way but what was so very poor about Hunt's penalty yesterday was that he broke his run to draw the keeper into diving but then put the ball the same way the keeper had dived. I have never seen that before even in Irish football. A very poor penalty.

I've had another look (on the telly) and changed my view slightly. Not a poor penalty as it was at least on target but certainly not a good one. Still maintain that 5 out of 10 times that would have gone in but he's unlucky at the moment. Struck too high as well (or not high enough) i.e. the wrong height!

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 25 Sep 2011 15:43

Watching the pen on tv last night I can't see how taht could be considered a good pen. It was saved by the keeper pretty comfortably.

Allyh84

by Allyh84 » 25 Sep 2011 15:46

Any penalty that can be caught and held by a keeper mid-dive is not a good penalty.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 25 Sep 2011 16:10

Allyh84 Any penalty that is saved by a keeper is not a good penalty.

Corrected it for you

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 25 Sep 2011 16:52

What's the scoop here?

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 25 Sep 2011 18:49

For those who said Hunt had a bad game, i disagree he put in some cracking balls in the first half and tracked back and defended well. After the penalty he seemed to lose concentration a bit but overall i would of had him over Kebe (on what i have seen of Kebe this season). Yet to take another look at the goal but what happened with the defending and was it just unstoppable or a mistake?

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 25 Sep 2011 20:14

I've seen the Coventry goal now, and quite frankly any 'keeper should be embarrassed to concede from that angle inside the near post. It can be considered nothing except absolute p*ss-poor goalkeeping.