Team for Boro

13 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

Team for Boro

by winchester_royal » 28 Sep 2011 20:36

Some interesting decisions for Brian to have to make for this one.... I think we can all agree that HRK has to start on the wing, but where does this leave Hunt? Does Manset deserve a start? Should he tinker with the defence again?

Personally I'd go with:

Federici
Cummings
Pearce
Gorkss
Mills
McAnuff
Leigertwood
Tabb
HRK
Le Fondre
Church

Think we need to get a settled back 4 as soon as possible so leave them as they are ATM, even if a couple of them were mightily shit last night. Le Fondre/Church is potentially a decent partnership as long as we dont resort to hoof ball, so try and get Tabb to take a bit more responsibility in the middle with the ball at his feet.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Team for Boro

by Ian Royal » 28 Sep 2011 20:43

Starting to get a run of results going so need some consistent team selection. Changes to a minimum for me and I'd also keep the back 4 together for another game or so before deciding on bringing back in Harte, Griffin or *shudder* Khumalo. My inclination is the defence will do a lot better if our midfield improves, but it's hard to say not having been able to watch the last two games.

Federici
Cummings
Mills
Pearce
Gorkss
Karacan (Leigertwood has been poor this season, but this is the hardest call I think)
Tabb
McAnuff
Robson-Kanu
Le Fondre
Church

McCarthy, Harte, Leigertwood, Hunt, Manset
Last edited by Ian Royal on 28 Sep 2011 21:46, edited 1 time in total.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 28 Sep 2011 20:44

I agree with wr.

Subs: McCarthy, Gunnarsson, Obita, Hunt/Karacan, Manset

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 28 Sep 2011 21:22

SCIAG I agree with wr.

Lol at no Kebe!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 28 Sep 2011 21:29

Hunt's claim to a striker's position is certainly getting weaker and weaker isn't it...

Lowest scorer of all our (realistic options) strikers and two missed penalties. Who'd have thunk at the start of the season be'd be lagging behind Manset, Church, N Signing & Robson-Kanu in the scoring stakes, having started more games than any of them.

And as for Le Fondre, what a signing, two goals, an assist and a key role in another goal. And in just three games (and a sub appearance).

Elmer Park

by Elmer Park » 28 Sep 2011 21:43

Agree with people who say McDermott will keep changes to a minimum. Probably the position that will exercise his mind most would be the wide position currently held by Hunt. I think Kebe will come back in there if fit and if not surely he will bring in HRK.

Guessing that Kebe might not be risked so

Federici: Cummings Pearce Gorkss Mills : McAnuff Leigertwood Tabb HRK : Le Fondre Church Subs : McCarthy Gunnarsson Karacan Hunt Manset

btw Obita tweeted on Monday 'being injured is so boring - back in a week' so I haven't considered him.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 28 Sep 2011 21:44

Avon Royal
SCIAG I agree with wr.

Lol at no Kebe!

If he recovers fully from his injury, then him in for Obita. I wouldn't want him rushed back though.

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 28 Sep 2011 21:51

After a couple of drinks, having listened to all the away matches and watched the home ones and having no football expertise whatsoever apart from watching a bit of football, I will go with:

Federici
Cummings
Pearce
Gorks
Harte
McAnuff
Legiertwood
Karacan
HRK
Church
Le Fondre

I would like to bring Karacan back in. He runs his socks off in midfield and breaks up play and I feel he will be even better after his break... unless he's injured of course.

I would also like to bring back Harte for his free kicking and although I thought Mills was the best on the pitch on his debut, I think it's time for more experience at the back (unless Harte has an injury).

HRK is an obvious choice. A proper midfielder, McAnuff plays so much better with him there. Church and Le Fondre appear to have built up an understanding with each other that I'd like to see more of.

On the bench I'd have: McCarthy, Manset, Bryn, Obita and... I can't decide between Tabb or Hunt.

There you go... I'll get my coat now and await being pulled limb from limb.

edit: OK, if Obita is injured, then I'll have both Tabb and Hunt on the bench.

JoebyRFC

by JoebyRFC » 28 Sep 2011 22:04

we just need some sort of creativity in the centre of the park, who can just play balls out to the wings or through balls to le fondre and churchy. Legs of wood can sometimes if bothered and the rest like a good punt up field to our non aerial threat strikers? I think in the last 3 seasons of football the most passes we have stringed together has been 10, before lumping it. Yes we have scored and won this way but we look mightily good when we string passes together down the flanks, when we actually do pass it.

Bristol Paul

by Bristol Paul » 28 Sep 2011 22:06

Ian Royal Hunt's claim to a striker's position is certainly getting weaker and weaker isn't it...

Lowest scorer of all our (realistic options) strikers and two missed penalties. Who'd have thunk at the start of the season be'd be lagging behind Manset, Church, N Signing & Robson-Kanu in the scoring stakes, having started more games than any of them.

And as for Le Fondre, what a signing, two goals, an assist and a key role in another goal. And in just three games (and a sub appearance).

Don't agree Ian, when Hunt switched to more of a centre forward role yesterday, he did more in 20 minutes than Church did in the first 70. His all round game is also better than Church's in my opinion and he is better in the air as well.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 28 Sep 2011 22:08

Prolly go with the o/p if Tabb played okay at Bristol City. If not, then Karacan back as I'm not Tabb's biggest fan.

Church up front, Manset to come off the bench.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 28 Sep 2011 22:10

Bristol Paul
Ian Royal Hunt's claim to a striker's position is certainly getting weaker and weaker isn't it...

Don't agree Ian, when Hunt switched to more of a centre forward role yesterday, he did more in 20 minutes than Church did in the first 70. His all round game is also better than Church's in my opinion and he is better in the air as well.

But Church played well the previous two games and many said got no service against Bristol. He's also scored two in three starts.

anyway, just an observation, we'll know a bit more on Saturday.

urz13
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The following statement is false. The previous statement is true.

by urz13 » 28 Sep 2011 22:45

Federici
Cummings
Gorkks
Pearce
Mills
McAnuff
Leigertwood
Tabb
Kebe
ALF