Evening folks

ITFC_Keane

Evening folks

by ITFC_Keane » 01 Oct 2011 18:03

How's it going? Long time, no visit (got put off by people on here asking me why I keep coming back as an Ipswich fan on a Reading site).

I just wanted to ask about Sonko. Did he score a lot with you? It's just that today he scored a header v Brighton (3-1 win and ninth, we're getting there!) where he seemed to jump about eight foot in the air. Truly majestic header. Watch it on the FLS tonight. He's been a revelation with us. "Super Sonks" and Danny Collins are both excellent defenders, and with Ingy back training full-time and a two-week break, we're looking better and better.

Good result for you v Boro today. Congrats. Hope we're both up there at the end of the season. Automatic.

super darren caskey
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Evening folks

by super darren caskey » 01 Oct 2011 18:14

ITFC_Keane How's it going? Long time, no visit (got put off by people on here asking me why I keep coming back as an Ipswich fan on a Reading site).

I just wanted to ask about Sonko. Did he score a lot with you? It's just that today he scored a header v Brighton (3-1 win and ninth, we're getting there!) where he seemed to jump about eight foot in the air. Truly majestic header. Watch it on the FLS tonight. He's been a revelation with us. "Super Sonks" and Danny Collins are both excellent defenders, and with Ingy back training full-time and a two-week break, we're looking better and better.

Good result for you v Boro today. Congrats. Hope we're both up there at the end of the season. Automatic.

Dont worry about them people.Your posts are welcome! and you always have nothing but good words for our football club.Its good to read other opinions from a fan of another club and im sure most will agree

zummerset

by zummerset » 01 Oct 2011 18:20

Sonko big clumsy occasionally talented work horse...good luck

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 01 Oct 2011 18:20

But f*cking awesome in the air.

Anyone got that great photo of him outjumping about 5 saints players?

pea
Hob Nob Regular

by pea » 01 Oct 2011 18:21

He was our top scorer when he left (albeit two games into the season..)

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 01 Oct 2011 20:34

ITFC_Keane How's it going? Long time, no visit (got put off by people on here asking me why I keep coming back as an Ipswich fan on a Reading site).

You're always welcome, but you only seem to turn up after a good win.

Pleased you beat BHA tbh.

Ashfordroyal

by Ashfordroyal » 01 Oct 2011 20:36

Well, he is Superman! Remember?!

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 01 Oct 2011 21:28

ITFC_Keane Hope we're both up there at the end of the season. Automatic.

There is more chance of Dr Conrad Murray winning a MOBO award than there is of Reading finishing top two. I'd suggest that tipping an Ipswich side who barely a month ago shipped 7 goals at Peterborough for automatic is also a flight of fancy. Good to know that Sonko is doing well though; one of our best ever players, he looked ropey and past it during his pre-season trial.....so we got Bongani Khumalo in instead :|

Cripple Creek
Hob Nob Regular

by Cripple Creek » 01 Oct 2011 22:19

Great to get other fans on this site, please don't be put off. Glad and surprised to hear that Sonko has been a revelation for you. I know there were questions over his fitness but, clearly, this doesn't appear to have been a problem for him at all. If he keeps up the kind of form that he is showing Ipswich have, again to my surprise, got themselves an absolute steal.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 01 Oct 2011 22:20

pea

He was our top scorer when he left (albeit two games into the season..)

^The image that Sonko should be remembered for at Reading.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 01 Oct 2011 22:27

Whats going on with Ivar Ingimarsson these days?

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 01 Oct 2011 22:41

Glad to hear he's doing well. No lapses of concentration or howlers yet? No red cards or penalties conceded?

Long may it last, still love Superman. I still wouldn't feel safe with him in our team even after a decent 7 or 8 game run though.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 02 Oct 2011 03:17

To answer your question no he didn't score that many goals. Wally Downs was always moaning he didn't get enough considering his hight and physical stature. Ipswich will defo be a top six side Chopra, Bullard, Bowyer, Emmanuel-Thomas, Scotland, Sonko Cresswell.
It's like who's who of Championship journeymen. Must be some wage bill up there who is bank rolling it?

Duke the Dog

by Duke the Dog » 02 Oct 2011 08:26

Is that mr Sonko with the 50p shaped head?! Usually wins his headers (photo above says it all really) but where the ball goes tended to be a bit a lottery (but like his passing really). Good defender on his day though (never quite the same here after his knee injury).

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 02 Oct 2011 08:33

Duke the Dog Is that mr Sonko with the 50p shaped head?! Usually wins his headers (photo above says it all really) but where the ball goes tended to be a bit a lottery (but like his passing really). Good defender on his day though (never quite the same here after his knee injury).

Sadly, that's the other main memory of him. Against Sheff Utd (?), he was clearly in agony on the floor, but came back on and tried to play on. Almost brought a tear to my eye that day.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 02 Oct 2011 20:13

Duke the Dog Is that mr Sonko with the 50p shaped head?! Usually wins his headers (photo above says it all really) but where the ball goes tended to be a bit a lottery (but like his passing really). Good defender on his day though (never quite the same here after his knee injury).

So essentially he is a black Alex Pearce. Then again Sonks was actually useful when he played for us.

ITFC_Keane

by ITFC_Keane » 03 Oct 2011 20:57

Have got a few questions to answer here, so here goes:

1) Ingi - he's had a hamstring problem. Rumour has it he tackled Bowyer in training and it went pop like a cork from a champers bottle. I spoke to him before the West Ham away game (he plays golf at Stoke by Nayland - my local club!!) and he said he'd got over the worst and was back in training, ready for the Cardiff game in two weeks. He loves Sonko to bits (as do the whole team - team spirit is apparently the best he's ever encountered here) and, when he heard I also love Reading FC, said "Good club, nice fans, always supportive and willing to do their bit". You should be proud of that. Jimmy Bullard slated Hull as a dump with a small-minded mentality.

2) Who's bankrolling us? - A chap called Marcus Evans. Owns a global conference company. Worth £1 billion. Never seen him (no-one has) because he's notoriously camera and press-shy. Lives in Bermuda. Comes to home games by private helicopter. Has spent £50 million bankrolling Ipswich. Some think he's a nutter, most agree he saved us.

3) Why do I only come on here after an ITFC win? Why not? It's depressing enough being a Championship club supporter. Who wants to listen to me moaning about that 1-0 defeat at Barnsley? (we've not played them yet btw but you get my drift). And besides, this is a Reading forum. It's only right that Reading fans are allowed a grumble before me :D

4) Reading - automatic pomotion. Don't sell yourselves short. I watched you the other day and you've got a blimmin' good team there. You need another CB and a decent midfielder (who doesn't?) but you're still a match for most in this league. McDermott's not a fool. Neither's SJM. You had my Championship player of all time in Gylffi a few seasons ago. You can do it again.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 03 Oct 2011 21:45

ITFC_Keane You had my Championship player of all time in Gylffi a few seasons ago. You can do it again.

Bare love for this guy

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 03 Oct 2011 22:07

lowerwestjnr
ITFC_Keane You had my Championship player of all time in Gylffi a few seasons ago. You can do it again.

Bare love for this guy

What's the antonym of WUMing? I genuinely think it's what he's going for; I don't quite believe he means everything he says. Gyfli maybe, but us automatic promotion? :D

YateleyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Either screwing or working, so the grind don't stop

by YateleyRoyal » 04 Oct 2011 09:47

ITFC_Keane Have got a few questions to answer here, so here goes:

1) Ingi - he's had a hamstring problem. Rumour has it he tackled Bowyer in training and it went pop like a cork from a champers bottle. I spoke to him before the West Ham away game (he plays golf at Stoke by Nayland - my local club!!) and he said he'd got over the worst and was back in training, ready for the Cardiff game in two weeks. He loves Sonko to bits (as do the whole team - team spirit is apparently the best he's ever encountered here) and, when he heard I also love Reading FC, said "Good club, nice fans, always supportive and willing to do their bit". You should be proud of that. Jimmy Bullard slated Hull as a dump with a small-minded mentality.

2) Who's bankrolling us? - A chap called Marcus Evans. Owns a global conference company. Worth £1 billion. Never seen him (no-one has) because he's notoriously camera and press-shy. Lives in Bermuda. Comes to home games by private helicopter. Has spent £50 million bankrolling Ipswich. Some think he's a nutter, most agree he saved us.

3) Why do I only come on here after an ITFC win? Why not? It's depressing enough being a Championship club supporter. Who wants to listen to me moaning about that 1-0 defeat at Barnsley? (we've not played them yet btw but you get my drift). And besides, this is a Reading forum. It's only right that Reading fans are allowed a grumble before me :D

4) Reading - automatic pomotion. Don't sell yourselves short. I watched you the other day and you've got a blimmin' good team there. You need another CB and a decent midfielder (who doesn't?) but you're still a match for most in this league. McDermott's not a fool. Neither's SJM. You had my Championship player of all time in Gylffi a few seasons ago. You can do it again.

Are you sure? I'm pretty sure most of the 106 players said the team spirit here at the time was unbeatable.