Back from the game - Burnley

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

Back from the game - Burnley

by winchester_royal » 15 Oct 2011 17:22

Fantastic win. Completely deserted after the most ridiculous refereeing performance i've seen in a long time. Everyone was awesome, but special mentions to Gorkks and Cummings for being rock solid at the back. Fans were brilliant too.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Back from the game - Burnley

by Franchise FC » 15 Oct 2011 18:09

winchester_royal Fantastic win. Completely deserted after the most ridiculous refereeing performance i've seen in a long time. Everyone was awesome, but special mentions to Gorkks and Cummings for being rock solid at the back. Fans were brilliant too.

There was no-one there ? :?

RFCUK

by RFCUK » 15 Oct 2011 18:59

Quite a tiresome first half performance from both sides, very woeful at the back. At times it was like watching a volleyball match, a real example of league football.

Federici needs to sort out the distribution of kicks, and mainly try and stay away from putting it out of play.. Pearce looked very dodgy at times, and the positioning from Mills was just dreadful, really looked out of his depth and struggled. Cummings was brilliant though, confidence really coming along.

Again we look like a team to come alive in the latter stages of the game and as bad as it is, when our captain McAnuff came off at half time, Hunt really looked to stake a permanent place in the team by changing our wing play and actually moving the ball forward.

Very angered at a section of Burnley fans after Tabb went down, cheering about how the managed to knock him out and things like that. Typical response from the Reading Yobs of 'we pay your benefits, dirty northern bastards' etc.. Didn't really help anything. Though nice to see the whole ground on their feet when Tabb was taken away.

Church looked full of confidence, though I feel he should pressure the keeper more when the ball is passed back to him. Promising things to come from the lad, and feel this could be his season. Another game changing moment was Manset coming on, and almost scoring with his first time on the ball.

Typical Bikey/Amougou performance, bullying players, being overly strong, though it was good to see him and Manset come up against each other.

Overall, I wouldn't say we fully deserved the win, an draw would have been acceptable both teams performance. None the less, we stole the points in the 98th minute and are now on a run of five unbeaten games. A big seven days coming up with Derby and Southampton at home. Four points would be lovely, but we'll see what happens..

Player Ratings:

Federici - 6 - Not too much to do, needs to improve distribution
Cummings - 8 - Really stood out for me at the back, and looked confident going forward
Mills - 5 - Not the greatest game. A couple of good corners, a few bad deliveries. Almost constantly out of position. Could see Hatre coming back soon
Gorkss - 6 - Average performance
Pearce - 5 - Would be looking at dropping him soon. Not too impressed, poor balls going forward.
Leigertwood - 6 - Flashes of brilliance. A shadow of himself, though looks to be improving match on match.
Tabb (Karacan 72) - 7 - His brilliant self as usual, had a decent opportunity to score. Horrible to see what happened to him, very worrying, hope to see him back soon. (7 - Not too much to comment on really, though great positioning for the goal, could be looking at a run in the first team now).
McAnuff (c) (Hunt HT) - 6 - His injury a blessing in disguise. Would like to see him dropped for a while so he could earn his place back as opposed to just having it due to be captain (8 - really changed the game for us after coming on at half time)
Robson-Kanu - 7 - Flashes of brilliance again, got lucky some times. Has really come on as a player.
Church (Manset 80) - 7 - Much better from Church today, going to be his season in my view. (8 - Brilliant from Manset, brought the crowd back in to the game and instilled confidence in the team)
Le Fondre 6 - Nothing much really today. Went down for a penalty which to be fair, wasn't one, and should really have shot.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 15 Oct 2011 19:47

RFCUK and Winchester Royal - were one of you watching Reading Town and the other up at Burnley because i doubt if you could get 2 headline grabbing starts to your posts!

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 15 Oct 2011 20:50

WInchester is a bit of an RTG to be honest, so I tend to take his opinions with a pinch of salt. Sounds as though from other reports it was just a typical championship slog, somewhere in the middle of both these posts.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 15 Oct 2011 21:53

There was nothing to get excited about all game except when Manset came on. Harried their defence and reminded my of Kebe when he went past 4/5 players and then lost the ball. A flicker of interest when he almost scored within the first minute but other than that is was mostly lump ball dirge and errors. Burnley were terrible and lacking the confidence, perhaps it rubs off. A great feeling and mental scenes at the back when Karacan had the audacity to score.

That is it for me. I went into the concourse with 5 mins to go to have a pee. That was good. So was the meat and potato pie.

Royals-lad14

by Royals-lad14 » 15 Oct 2011 22:40

entertaining 2nd half after an average 1st half. Burnley fans were out of order for booing jay tabb when he was knocked out cold, but loved the we pay your benefits song, classic :lol: should of had a stonewall penalty, referee was a shambles AGAIN, overall good performance and deserved 3 points.

The Rouge
Hob Nob Regular

by The Rouge » 15 Oct 2011 23:51

Royals-lad14 loved the we pay your benefits song, classic :lol:

Classic, apart from the fact it is not really true, unoriginal and not very funny.

URZ.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 16 Oct 2011 08:55

Ouch :P

Meanwhile, back on planet earth, all of us who work know there were thousands of bone idle twats in that crowd whose lives we subsidize.

Loved the song, wish I was there and a fantastic win for a new team still finding it's feet.

URZ

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 16 Oct 2011 09:07

Generally the feeling from the radio was that Reading had a perfectly good goal ruled out in the 1st half and an obvious penalty denied in the second (although we'd probably have missed that anyway) so were good enough to deserve the points as Burnley didn't real create anything too dangerous (save a block by Fed's legs in the 2nd).

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 16 Oct 2011 09:12

That should have been a penalty for us.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 16 Oct 2011 09:56

Looked a nailed on penalty of the FL Show last night.

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 16 Oct 2011 10:22

RFCUK Typical Bikey/Amougou performance, bullying players, being overly strong, though it was good to see him and Manset come up against each other.

this is the kind of man on man action i like

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 16 Oct 2011 10:37

I call that a very good away win!

BenReadingFC
Hob Nob Regular

by BenReadingFC » 16 Oct 2011 10:45

Blink and you'll miss it. Sorry the camera took too long to start recording.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xlpwhy_jem-karacan-s-late-goal-against-burnley-90-9-mins-15-10-11_sport

I'll post up the penalty shout soon when it's been edited and hosted.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 16 Oct 2011 10:59

Great scenes Ben!

BenReadingFC
Hob Nob Regular

by BenReadingFC » 16 Oct 2011 11:51

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 16 Oct 2011 12:05

FiNeRaIn WInchester is a bit of an RTG to be honest, so I tend to take his opinions with a pinch of salt. Sounds as though from other reports it was just a typical championship slog, somewhere in the middle of both these posts.

fine rain is a bit of STG so i tend to take his opinions with a .....etc

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 16 Oct 2011 12:06

dirty northern bastards'

surely just ironic and amusing after what was clearly not anything malicious or dirty

Jobbo no.11

by Jobbo no.11 » 16 Oct 2011 12:09

First time ive seen the pen since yesterday Oh my god how could he not give it! But yet again ben great work with the camera!!