Weak Link

KEBEISTHEGREATEST

Weak Link

by KEBEISTHEGREATEST » 19 Oct 2011 20:18

After watching Reading V Derby last night I have uncovered two weaknesses in our side.

Pearce: He just boots it in the air with no distance. Is it just me or do you enter "panic, worry" mode when he is chasing after a loose ball. He is extremely slow.

J. Mills is another weak link. The second goal well watching the replay of the goal he could argue his case he was being pushed, but he is always out of position he hasn't got a cross. The only thing keeping him in the side is his pace. I hope Sir Mad goes and buys a LB in January.

My last one is Federici. The lad has no left foot.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Weak Link

by PEARCEY » 19 Oct 2011 20:21

KEBEISTHEGREATEST After watching Reading V Derby last night I have uncovered two weaknesses in our side.

Pearce: He just boots it in the air with no distance. Is it just me or do you enter "panic, worry" mode when he is chasing after a loose ball. He is extremely slow.

J. Mills is another weak link. The second goal well watching the replay of the goal he could argue his case he was being pushed, but he is always out of position he hasn't got a cross. The only thing keeping him in the side is his pace. I hope Sir Mad goes and buys a LB in January.

Hmmmm Pearce's passing was fine in the first half and mostly to feet. He did making a shocking pass in the second-half though straight to a Derby player. Mills over-hit a fair few crosses but its early days for him. As for Feds. Well so what if he's not got a left foot.

who are ya?
Hob Nob Regular

by who are ya? » 19 Oct 2011 20:22

KEBEISTHEGREATEST My last one is Federici. The lad has no left foot.

Thank God he's got a left hand then

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 19 Oct 2011 20:23

Is it you?

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 19 Oct 2011 20:23

Speaking of weak ^

:roll:

grey_squirrel

by grey_squirrel » 19 Oct 2011 20:33

KEBEISTHEGREATEST After watching Reading V Derby last night I have uncovered two weaknesses in our side.

Only 2?!

Phew!

Thank god for that

robbieroyal

by robbieroyal » 19 Oct 2011 21:06

I think Mills will come good. He definately needs to improve defensively but this is the chance he has got and he needs to take it. I think he was just not strong/experienced enough for that second goal last night and he was probably our least impressive player. Saying that, BMac has brought him in as "work in progress" so pressumably is going to give him time to come good?

Never been a fan of Pearce but last few games think he has done OK. Still i'd like to see a similar buy/loan as the Gorkss transfer. So we could have a top quality centre back pairing.

As for Feds, It doesn't matter what foot he has or hasn't got, (granted his kicking distribution was a bit shite last night- it's usually acceptable) he has been arguably one of our better players this season!!??

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 19 Oct 2011 21:32

Is your name Phil Smith by any chance?

biscuitman

by biscuitman » 19 Oct 2011 21:46

Harsh on Pearce.

leww_rfc
Hob Nob Regular

by leww_rfc » 19 Oct 2011 22:32

you named 3 sir

urz13
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The following statement is false. The previous statement is true.

by urz13 » 19 Oct 2011 23:00

leww_rfc

you named 3 sir

I too counted 3.

If you still hate Futcher

by If you still hate Futcher » 19 Oct 2011 23:10

You are the Spanish Inquisition AICMFP

I thought Pearce had one of his better games last night and that it was Gorkss whose passing was a bit iffy with a couple of left footed shanks into touch.

royalsroyalsroyals92

by royalsroyalsroyals92 » 19 Oct 2011 23:48

MIDTABLE CHAMPIONSHIP SIDE NOT BEING PERFECT SHOCKER!

marcusopp

by marcusopp » 20 Oct 2011 07:02

Are you going to do this every game that's not perfect?
Everyone on this site has been moaning about our lack of pace at the back, so we sign mills and cummings is in the side, much better. Mills is only young, he's learning the game and our tactics.
Pearce is also very young, and his pace shouldn't be a problem now we're playing with quick full backs.
Feds is quality, so shut up.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 20 Oct 2011 09:37

pearce is fine with gorkss alongside, and pace at FB

leave it out you moaning minnies

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 20 Oct 2011 09:41

One of the reasons that Mills is seen as a weak link is that opposition teams see him as a potential one, and so target the play down that side.

So he has a lot more to deal with than Cummings typically does - and so has a lot more opportunity to make mistakes. It's all part of gaining experience, though - if we could buy players who were 100% the finished article we'd not be Reading!

The Goat was fed

by The Goat was fed » 20 Oct 2011 15:45

I hate Alex Pearce and through this hatred have managed to blame him for about 90% of all of goals conceded.

However, when I get home and watch The Football League show I am also quite happy to discover that I'm only being a little bit unfair.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 20 Oct 2011 16:18

Svlad Cjelli One of the reasons that Mills is seen as a weak link is that opposition teams see him as a potential one, and so target the play down that side.

So he has a lot more to deal with than Cummings typically does - and so has a lot more opportunity to make mistakes. It's all part of gaining experience, though - if we could buy players who were 100% the finished article we'd not be Reading!

lol that was a good one.

So if the opposition had started seeing Cannavaro as a weak link in the 2006 world cup....then he would have suddenly become crap, made countless errors and boned Italy out of the tournament? If only Klinsmann had thought of that at the time in the semi-final.

On a serious note, do you think that there might be some reason as to why the opposition see him as a weak link?

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 20 Oct 2011 16:40

When you get targeted, you have more to do and there is more opportunity to make mistakes.

Cannavaro is an experienced player and people knew he could handle it so no one would bother to put the pressure on him, they would have tried to identify a genuine weak link to exploit.

But even if everything went down his wing there was still a higher chance he would make a mistake and you would get a goal out of it just due to him having more opportunities to make one.
Mills being more inexperienced, those mistakes come more regularly.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 20 Oct 2011 16:54

There are plenty of young players good enough who people don't see as weaknesses, although I do take on-board your point. Regardless of age though, teams do see him as a weakness because he is. He's still been playing professional football for a number of years with a good amount of performances under the belt so its not as if its some 17 year old academy product coming into his first season. I agree with a lot of people that he'll improve in time and thats fair enough..however football is played in the NOW and I really think harte would give more to the team. Yes, he's slow...we know this. However he has a lot more quality in every other area than mills and will add more goals. He's also easily the best passer in the team and no one else can hit cross field balls like him, he's good to watch.