Back from the game-saints

273 posts
Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Back from the game-saints

by Chaney » 22 Oct 2011 20:08

so bloody frustrating how we threw away 2 points that were there for the taking, best performance of the season IMO. we harried them all over the park. won nearly all the 2nd balls and if it hadn`t` been for Kelvin Davis we would have been out of site before one drop of concentration cost us, for me Leigerwood was back to his best followed closely by Jem, they didn`t` touble us at all apart from the free header turned away by feds..we don`t` need much judging by this performance to be a team up there in a challenging position again this season.
Last edited by Chaney on 23 Oct 2011 18:57, edited 2 times in total.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Back from the games-saints

by MmmMonsterMunch » 22 Oct 2011 20:10

We need a new LB. Sorry but Mills was useless.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 22 Oct 2011 20:11

We played very well, but dear god we need to make set pieces count, a gajillion corners and free-kicks, and only McAnuff's effort led to anything. We can't be that wasteful when we are going defend as we did just minutes after Soton went down to 10 men. Mills and particularly McAnuff just completely went to sleep for their goal. Disappointing result given we made the league leaders look ordinary for a big chunk of the game.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 22 Oct 2011 20:11

MmmMonsterMunch We need a new LB. Sorry but Mills was useless.

What the hell are you on!?

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 22 Oct 2011 20:12

Sorry but he was absolutely awful. Terrible set pieces & awful defending. I would actually put Harte back in or try Griff at LB.

NR_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by NR_Royal » 22 Oct 2011 20:13

He's fine and will only get better.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 22 Oct 2011 20:14

Other than Mills I thought they were all good. We are getting better & better.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 22 Oct 2011 20:15

Ian Royal

He's on logic, you clearly weren't watching the game. He was utter, utter useless and about 90% of the texters into BBRCB also confirmed this. You're trolling, there is no way you think he played well and you are being an RTG for the sake of it. I know you know more about football than you are displaying.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 22 Oct 2011 20:17

Very frustrating. A very committed, hard-working performance and a 1-0 win looked on the cards. Saints equaliser came as a bit of a shock and in the end its two dropped points. Gorkss played well and Karacan was his usual committed self. They were the pick of the players for me. We have to start turning pressure into goals. We had something like 17 corners but apart from the Pearce header we didn't look at all dangerous from that set-piece. Le-Fondre should have done better with the first half chances he had.
Overall though this is a very young side and we more than matched a team who I think will be right up there at the end of the season...
So plenty of positives but just 2 points from our last two home games seems small reward for a lot of hard work.

rotherwick_royal

by rotherwick_royal » 22 Oct 2011 20:18

Great performances from Ledge, Jem and Gorkss. Surprised Mills had such a slating on 105, I thought Cummings was far worse, partly responsible for the goal and lucky to get away with a couple of others. Mills wasn't great, but he's young, give him a chance.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 22 Oct 2011 20:19

MmmMonsterMunch Other than Mills I thought they were all good. We are getting better & better.

Mills needs to learn to cross a ball and his corners were poor. He's a young lad and will improve. Apart from him I was also a little disappointed in HRK who just didn't do enough for me.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 22 Oct 2011 20:19

Oh, and Legend-wood. Mikele was brilliant, terrific all round midfield performance.

Winnershroyal

by Winnershroyal » 22 Oct 2011 20:19

FiNeRaIn
Ian Royal

He's on logic, you clearly weren't watching the game. He was utter, utter useless and about 90% of the texters into BBRCB also confirmed this. You're trolling, there is no way you think he played well and you are being an RTG for the sake of it. I know you know more about football than you are displaying.

He was the weakest link but it shouldn't take away from a hard working team performance that so deserved the win.

Too many mouthy Saints fans for my liking, had a row with two in the exec box behind me.

Top of the league?? They were sheeeite.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 22 Oct 2011 20:20

Mills is costing us points atm. I'm sure he will improve but how often do you keep starting someone who makes so many mistakes? He lost posession so easily tonight & the corners were bloody awful in the main. Take the set pieces off him for starters. Personally I would get Harte back in.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 22 Oct 2011 20:21

Houston we have our scapegoat.
Last edited by sandman on 22 Oct 2011 20:22, edited 1 time in total.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 22 Oct 2011 20:21

FiNeRaIn
Ian Royal

I did watch it, thought he looked good and so did the commentators during the game. Didn't get a good look of their goal so he may have been at fault. Set pieces and long passes could be improved, but to say he was useless is just stupid.

Typical kneejeck scapegoating of a player who people have made their mind up about and will look for the negatives, ignoring the positives.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 22 Oct 2011 20:22

sandman Housten we have our scapegoat.

That's not fair at all. I've been pretty positive about us this season so far. He is not good enough at the moment IMO.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 22 Oct 2011 20:23

I can't agree that Saints were poor. They were strong at the back and in the second half created the better of the chances. To be one down with 10 men and hit back shows they have plenty of resilience. Unlike Derby they look like genuine promotion contenders to me.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 22 Oct 2011 20:25

Shame the whole team spoilt what would have been a fantastic performance by being very unprofessional and easing off/losing concentration for a while when Saints went down to 10 men. Clearly thought 'job done' and paid the price for that complacency.

MmmMonsterMunch Mills is costing us points atm. I'm sure he will improve but how often do you keep starting someone who makes so many mistakes? He lost posession so easily tonight & the corners were bloody awful in the main. Take the set pieces off him for starters. Personally I would get Harte back in.

The same Harte who once again was absolutely skinned by pace and left completely out of position soon after he came on as Saints broke down their right?

Neither Mills nor Harte is good enough if we seriously want to push for promotion.
Last edited by RoyalBlue on 22 Oct 2011 20:27, edited 1 time in total.

Jobbo no.11

by Jobbo no.11 » 22 Oct 2011 20:26

A weeks worth of corner practice please!! But pretty happy to be fair!

That is all

273 posts