Thames Sports Investment

5145 posts
Super Kevin Bremner!
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Thames Sports Investment

by Super Kevin Bremner! » 26 May 2012 23:50

All will be done and dusted Tuesday at the latest apparently. Good times!

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 26 May 2012 23:52

So....if it's been ok'd by PL - all the guff about we're not officially a PL team yet and so nothing is being done yet, was just that...guff. :roll:

I'll stick to my sources on this one I think. :lol:

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 27 May 2012 00:07

Royal Lady So....if it's been ok'd by PL - all the guff about we're not officially a PL team yet and so nothing is being done yet, was just that...guff. :roll:

I'll stick to my sources on this one I think. :lol:

But your sources told you that it was going to fail :?:

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 27 May 2012 00:10

No they didn't. They said there was a problem with proving where the money was coming from. :| The other source said there were legal problems. I have never said it wouldn't happen.

Amongst the sheep

by Amongst the sheep » 27 May 2012 00:28

I've heard it is due to be completed next week?

westongeezer

by westongeezer » 27 May 2012 09:38

No matter what most RTGs think, the whole thing stinks and someones going to get hurt

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 27 May 2012 09:58

westongeezer No matter what most RTGs think, the whole thing stinks and someones going to get hurt

:lol:

Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Chaney » 27 May 2012 10:22

westongeezer No matter what most RTGs think, the whole thing stinks and someones going to get hurt

come on. everyone else have sources, did you hear it from them or is it something you made up in a dream?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 27 May 2012 11:04

Given that TSI have already very significantly contributed to our Championship win and promotion to the PL - bring on some more of that pain!

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 27 May 2012 15:28

Royal Rother Might be true but I'm afraid I don't believe annything on this thread anymore.

Mmmmm, you don't believe everything on this thread and you choose to believe the rumours about Martin Allen?

What a moron.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 27 May 2012 18:42

O.M.G.

You've rendered me speechless. Well done you.

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 28 May 2012 05:33

Royal Rother O.M.G.

There is a God!

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 28 May 2012 09:15

Cypry
Incidentally, the club were looking at land for a new, purpose built, training site near Maidenhead this week - also points to confidence that the deal is going ahead...

You surprise me. Having spent about £3M buying Hogwood and a further £several million in turing it into a purpose built training ground I can't see why they would want to spent that money again on a site a long way from Reading? Hogwood is close to the Madejski, has a pitch that was specially laid to replicate the madejski pitch, is secure and has planning permission for permanent buildings. It would be a very strange logic to spend money on a move to Maidenhead rather than on developing what they have?

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 28 May 2012 09:22

Big Ern
Royal Rother O.M.G.

There is a God!

A God with many chins? With a cult following. (ish)

Deadlock
Hob Nob Regular
Location: There's nothing of value there and the people make very poor slaves.

by Deadlock » 28 May 2012 10:52

West Stand Man
Cypry
Incidentally, the club were looking at land for a new, purpose built, training site near Maidenhead this week - also points to confidence that the deal is going ahead...

You surprise me. Having spent about £3M buying Hogwood and a further £several million in turing it into a purpose built training ground I can't see why they would want to spent that money again on a site a long way from Reading? Hogwood is close to the Madejski, has a pitch that was specially laid to replicate the madejski pitch, is secure and has planning permission for permanent buildings. It would be a very strange logic to spend money on a move to Maidenhead rather than on developing what they have?

I refer you to ScottishRoyal's post on page 183:
ScottishRoyal If true it just sounds like they want a purpose built training facility for the academy which, if we're aiming for Category 1 status, doesn't come as a great surprise. A lot of clubs with developed academies have separate sites for the first team squad and the kids.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 28 May 2012 11:41

That makes some sense.

Mind you, the orinignal plan for the Rowcroft Barracks sports hall and astro was to benefit the academy. It is a large sports hall (2 basketball courts) with seating, enough changing rooms for all the teams to have their own, a cafetria area, offices and easy access to the astro. One benefit was the proximity to the Hogwood site so that academy players could see and aspire to that facility.

The academy did have use of the Hazebrouck Barracks facilites in the early years (2001 - 2002 ish) when Brendan R was running it. The main issue they had then was access for the parents (they hated having to queue up and check in at the gate). The Army leased them time in the sports hall (not the same one that is next to Hogwood) and also time on the training pitches. They also leased an office and a bar/ cafe area for the parents to sit around in.

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 28 May 2012 12:21

West Stand Man
Cypry

RFC didn't buy Hogwood, SJM did and charges a rent for it according to the accounts.

I too have heard of a new training ground as part of the growth of the Academy - I didn't ask if it just them or the first team too :oops:

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 28 May 2012 12:22

I have it on Good Authority that this will happen Tomorrow.. My source has also advised me that there is currently a deal being worked on for Gylfi Sigguardsson

HoneyRoastHoax
Hob Nob Regular

by HoneyRoastHoax » 28 May 2012 13:42

READING Guide understands that an announcement is imminent to confirm that the Premier League have cleared the takeover of Reading FC by Russian-backed Thames Sports Investments. TSI is registered in Gibraltar and headed by 29-year-old Russian businessman Anton Zingarevich, his father Boris, and their English, Geneva-based representative, Chris Samuelson. Originally the deal, based on an initial £25million for a 51percent stake in the Royals, was due for completion at the end of March, but a number of "announcement soon" deadlines passed with fans becoming increasingly anxious that the takeover would not receive clearance. Now, however, we understand the Premier League gave the green light at the end of last week - and that could trigger some heavyweight transfer activity by Reading, just as the initial "provisional" investment did with such decisive effect, during the January transfer window. Anton Zingarevich was prominent during the Royals' promotion celebrations, even though the deal was still not rubber-stamped. And Loyal Royals have noted that he is almost one of them at heart - as a student at Bearwood College in the 1990s, he is said to have been a regular on the fabled South Bank at Elm Park. Outgoing owner Sir John Madejski, who will remain club chairman, said: "When we got relegated from the Premier League, the ambition was to get back and we have achieved this now. The Zingarevich family have deep pockets and can take the club further than I could have done. This is a golden era for Reading."
http://www.reading-guide.co.uk/ make of that what you will

MassSarrslibrarian

by MassSarrslibrarian » 28 May 2012 13:59

Reading Guide is a two bob website, and a story like this they know is only going to increase traffic to their website-it's so not true until Jonny Fordham says the deal's done-or at least somebody on here tells Fordham the deal is done

5145 posts