Thames Sports Investment

5145 posts
HoneyRoastHoax
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Thames Sports Investment

by HoneyRoastHoax » 28 May 2012 14:01

MassSarrslibrarian Reading Guide is a two bob website, and a story like this they know is only going to increase traffic to their website-it's so not true until Jonny Fordham says the deal's done-or at least somebody on here tells Fordham the deal is done

:lol:

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 28 May 2012 14:06

MassSarrslibrarian Reading Guide is a two bob website, and a story like this they know is only going to increase traffic to their website-it's so not true until Jonny Fordham says the deal's done-or at least somebody on here tells Fordham the deal is done

Oi Cut n Paste Fordham has had some Very good Scoops ..

heres one here

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 28 May 2012 14:26

Eitherway it seems that an announcment about the TSI takeover will be happening later this week

RoyalJames101
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalJames101 » 28 May 2012 21:03

RoyalJames101 The deal was set to be announced on the Thursday/Friday of the week we played Forest at home. Nearly all the checks had been done and everything was set to be approved, the Football League told us that it would be around a week until everything was complete and gone through. However, as we were promoted on the Tuesday it meant the Premier League also had to carry out their own checks. The Football League still told us it would only take up to a week, hence why Madejski said it would be done "next week". The Football League screwed us over as the checks were always going to take longer than that as the Premier League are a lot stricter on the checks. But as it stands there aren't any problems on either Madejski or TSI's side of things, we're just waiting on the Premier League to ratify everything still. But as it stands, everything is still the same as it was to start with and no one has pulled out/been found out.

As said a few days ago. Now done and dusted and just down to the club to announce it.

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 28 May 2012 21:16

BiMike might be onto something.

As I said last week, proof of funds is done, the PL are happy, and there were just a few outstanding questions needing answering. This is all done now and the club have had verbal confirmation the takeover will go ahead. However, I was then told to expect an announcement nearer the second week of June rather than imminently, but tonight various people are saying it could be sooner.

The announcement was never holding us back in the transfer market. We have numerous bids in place; one of which could prove to be a club record fee and may come to fruition this week (Mariappa). Another big bid may already have gone in, but certainly was being readied, for Jordan Rhodes. So any talk of a lack of ambition because we haven't decided to spend a large chunk of our budget on one player is far off the mark; not to mention very impatient. It is after all only May, and we are moving very quickly. It'll be nice to have it confirmed as soon as possible, but again, if it does mean another week or so, so be it. It's not holding us back behind the scenes.

Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Chaney » 28 May 2012 21:47

Friday's Legacy BiMike might be onto something.

As I said last week, proof of funds is done, the PL are happy, and there were just a few outstanding questions needing answering. This is all done now and the club have had verbal confirmation the takeover will go ahead. However, I was then told to expect an announcement nearer the second week of June rather than imminently, but tonight various people are saying it could be sooner.

The announcement was never holding us back in the transfer market. We have numerous bids in place; one of which could prove to be a club record fee and may come to fruition this week (Mariappa). Another big bid may already have gone in, but certainly was being readied, for Jordan Rhodes. So any talk of a lack of ambition because we haven't decided to spend a large chunk of our budget on one player is far off the mark; not to mention very impatient. It is after all only May, and we are moving very quickly. It'll be nice to have it confirmed as soon as possible, but again, if it does mean another week or so, so be it. It's not holding us back behind the scenes.

i so want to believe this.....................

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 28 May 2012 21:55

But Jordan Rhodes would be as expensive as Gylfi unless of course we are talking of bids similar to those made for Cahill,Lescott,Mensah,O'Neill and Taylor where the club kept the fans quiet because we were "bidding" whereas in fact they turned out to be just token bids.
I wonder if the Russian was just hyping things up or does he really expect to expand the stadium after one year and more in the top league and as he put it "spend big"?
We will see.
I also wonder if Gylfi did his own due diligence on RFC and decided to go for the safer option.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 28 May 2012 22:05

Yes, yes, I'm sure that's what happened.

'lista
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by 'lista » 28 May 2012 22:25

Victor Meldrew I also wonder if Gylfi did his own due diligence on RFC and decided to go for the safer option.

:lol: You utter penis.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 28 May 2012 22:41

Victor Meldrew

But Jordan Rhodes would be as expensive as Gylfi unless of course we are talking of bids similar to those made for Cahill,Lescott,Mensah,O'Neill and Taylor where the club kept the fans quiet because we were "bidding" whereas in fact they turned out to be just token bids.
I wonder if the Russian was just hyping things up or does he really expect to expand the stadium after one year and more in the top league and as he put it "spend big"?
We will see.
I also wonder if Gylfi did his own due diligence on RFC and decided to go for the safer option.

??

Token bids? Coppell decided against signing O'Neill, Cahill and Taylor. Lescott unsurprisingly chose to go to Everton over us. You missed out Brown? who also decided not to go to us.

Then again this has all been said before and yet you continue to drink from the conspiracy tap, so I don't know why I bother.

Cheers FL and co. It sounds like the eagerly anticipated exciting times are almost upon us!!

HoneyRoastHoax
Hob Nob Regular

by HoneyRoastHoax » 29 May 2012 10:15

bigmike Been informed that the deal that is on the table for Sig may not be on the table much longer being that its almost a done deal at Swansea and its not the Reading way to step in and Hijack deals at the last minute... Not sure Bradford city would agree with that after we signed Stephen Hunt when he was on his way to Bradford.

Either way they still plan to announce the Take over along with a Big signing.. Its all very cloak and dagger at the moment.

Who is your money on for the BIG signing? I can't see it being Defoe as his wages are so high and there are bigger clubs then us interested. I wouldn't count Rhodes as a BIG signing.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 29 May 2012 10:20

HoneyRoastHoax
bigmike Been informed that the deal that is on the table for Sig may not be on the table much longer being that its almost a done deal at Swansea and its not the Reading way to step in and Hijack deals at the last minute... Not sure Bradford city would agree with that after we signed Stephen Hunt when he was on his way to Bradford.

Either way they still plan to announce the Take over along with a Big signing.. Its all very cloak and dagger at the moment.

Who is your money on for the BIG signing? I can't see it being Defoe as his wages are so high and there are bigger clubs then us interested. I wouldn't count Rhodes as a BIG signing.

No doubt these are all wrong. But in this order, the Welsh jury guesses.

Marriapa?
Rhodes?
Some continental we've never heard of.
Yakubu?
Owen?
Joe Cole?
Bertrand?
Siggurdson? (The other one...)
Defoe
Gylfi?

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 29 May 2012 10:21

HoneyRoastHoax

Yakubu - well, he wears big shorts

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 29 May 2012 10:37

I bet we announce the takeover without a signing. Has a press conference been called yet?

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 29 May 2012 10:45

The bid for Lescott wasn't "token", and iirc, had been accepted by Wolves; we simply couldn't match the personal terms that Everton offered for the guy as it would have totally smashed our wage structure at the time (don't forget that Sidwell had refused to sign a new contract and was still on approx. £8K a week at the time, holding out for £25K - imagine what he would have felt like had we signed someone on between £35-£40K a week.....)

RockheadRumple

by RockheadRumple » 29 May 2012 11:02

I want us to spend on Shane Long.

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 29 May 2012 11:15

RockheadRumple I want us to spend on Shane Long.

That is always an option being that the manager that signed him is off to be punished and hated by the press after failing in the semis again. However I do think that we would have to pay significantly more for him than we sold him for.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 29 May 2012 12:08

That would be skillz if he gets to the semis

Any news btw?

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 29 May 2012 13:04

bigmike I have it on Good Authority that this will happen Tomorrow.. My source has also advised me that there is currently a deal being worked on for Gylfi Sigguardsson

So, doesn't look good for BigMike so far......

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 29 May 2012 13:05

Barry the bird boggler
bigmike I have it on Good Authority that this will happen Tomorrow.. My source has also advised me that there is currently a deal being worked on for Gylfi Sigguardsson

So, doesn't look good for BigMike so far......

Still plenty of time fo this to happen tomorrow :wink:

By the sounds of it the Big signing may well be holding things up..

5145 posts