Back from the game - Bristol City (H)

250 posts
Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

No One back from Bristol C game yet?

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 28 Jan 2012 17:09

come on its over an hour now, we armchair fans need a report and your views.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: No One back from Bristol C game yet?

by Pepe the Horseman » 28 Jan 2012 17:12

Shit game, pretty poor performance again. Roberts played well. My highlight was when the post and Roberts partially covered the Draper Tools advertising board so it read 'rape tools'

rofl

tomrfcurz
Hob Nob Regular

Back from the game - Bristol City (H)

by tomrfcurz » 28 Jan 2012 17:13

Nice to see J-Rob on the score sheet, really solid performance from him, great hold up play and loves turning on the ball and getting his shots away, exactly what we need.

My MOTM was Jem Karacan, as ever working his socks off - couple of bad decisions but won the ball effortlessly and helped us push forward. Our defence was a bit leaky with Albert Adomah parting them like the red sea on a couple of occasions but apart from him i dont really think Bristol City troubled our goal too much

More to follow

tomrfcurz
Hob Nob Regular

by tomrfcurz » 28 Jan 2012 17:14

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 28 Jan 2012 17:15

rubbish match, we need to be better

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 28 Jan 2012 17:17

tomrfcurz http://hobnob.royals.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=111436&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

4 mins after I asked matey :wink:

I cant delete this now, mods will merge

Sir Dodger Royal
Location: Cyberspace - pulling the strings. You know it makes sense.

by Sir Dodger Royal » 28 Jan 2012 17:18

Back and boy was it boring. Some good touches from Roberts but well short of match practice. If I was a Bristol City fan then I would be gutted. They had more than enough chances to have won the game and boy did they have pace in their side. They dominated RFC when they only had ten men.

RFC can't even take penalities and if somehow this side does make it to the promised land we will need to find some new owners because the Russians have not got sufficient money to keep the Royals alive in the Premiership. We would need a four times billionaire as opposed to a multi million pound owner.

Real Facts Real World. You know it makes senseeeeeeeee

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 28 Jan 2012 17:23

wont last long but goal is here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVFLjrhpv0M

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Back from the game - Bristol City (H)

by floyd__streete » 28 Jan 2012 17:23

Same sh*t, different ownership. Another absolutely rancid game of football. Karacan and Tabb in the middle of the park is :| . Too similar, it should be either/or.....and it should always be Karacan over Tabb, he is the better player. Defensively decent again, apart from a mix-up involving Gorkss which ended with City hitting the post with an excellent effort. Roberts so much > Church it is embarassing; he won the first pen and managed to bundle his woefully tame effort from the spot in at the second attempt. The save for the second looked a top drawer one but I make it 5 out of 6 penalties we have missed this season. And because of that profligacy we're thankful to the width of a goal post for what would have been two points dropped.
Last edited by floyd__streete on 28 Jan 2012 17:29, edited 1 time in total.

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 28 Jan 2012 17:25

Interesting to note that towards the end the usual whingepot suspects were at it in even more abundance today. Wtf they were thinking we were going to be like when we're still playing Church, Hunt, Karacan, Tabb etc, we're not going to suddenly turn into world beaters.

Not a fantastic spectacle as ever, the typical RFC match this season. City had more than enough to be able to hurt us and really should have done so but there we go. Their pace was there for all to see, seriously shit of a shovel at times with their wide men.

Nice to see we can still take penalties. Not nice to see we still can't score them though. Lucky with the first, to be fair it looked a great save for the second although in all honesty the linesman's had a mare with that one. Clear sending off in hindsight, Roberts had a yard on Carey and a would have had a clear shot on goal 10 yards out.

Roberts looked different gravy to anything we have, an absolute shoe-in for a starting spot alongside one of Hunt or Le Fondre.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 28 Jan 2012 17:26

Dire game, really impressed with roberts though. Our style of play is still absolutely rotten as was the fact our midfield was dominated by a 10 man relegation team :shock:

We really need to shake them up, cant wait for elwood to come back and if we can get someone with some quality next to him to feed roberts we'll go from being a mediocre side to much better to watch. Back 5 was solid as ever but did concede 1/2 chances.

We were never going to score in a month of sundays with the creativity on show today, thank god for the penalty.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 28 Jan 2012 17:36

Harpers So Solid Crew wont last long but goal is here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVFLjrhpv0M

If Roberts hadn't scored the rebound the penalty kick should have been retaken (provided the asst ref was doing his job correctly). James clearly takes a massive stride forward off his line before Roberts strikes the ball, then dives to his right as kick taken. When you are as big as James that really does make a difference. Good goalkeeping but, if he'd got away with it, bad officiating!

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 28 Jan 2012 17:36

Poor game, summed up by 2 shit penalties and a lucky rebound to get our winner!

Antonio looked much better, Karacan MOM, our defence was rarely troubled. Still have to win when playing poor and we did just that today
Last edited by loyalroyal4life on 28 Jan 2012 17:43, edited 1 time in total.

urz13
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The following statement is false. The previous statement is true.

by urz13 » 28 Jan 2012 17:38

Karacan was superb today imo. Was that our 5000th goal at home?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 28 Jan 2012 17:39

tomrfcurz Nice to see J-Rob on the score sheet, really solid performance from him, great hold up play and loves turning on the ball and getting his shots away, exactly what we need.

My MOTM was Jem Karacan, as ever working his socks off - couple of bad decisions but won the ball effortlessly and helped us push forward. Our defence was a bit leaky with Albert Adomah

Was he their No: 27? If so, how much would he cost - he looked absolutely quality and a complete menace to our midfield and defence throughout the game. When he crashed into the hoardings I was hoping he wouldn't be able to continue!

Royal Prince

by Royal Prince » 28 Jan 2012 17:41

Very much two penalties saved today rather than two missed. Otherwise not alot else to report. One interesting thought I had on the way home though, I told my dad before the game that Roberts is all about strength and holding the ball up and that's exactly how he won his penalty, and I also said that Cywka is known to run at defenders menacingly and again that exactly what he did to win his. Nice to see both players make an impact.

My only highlight of a cold drab game was seeing the ball leave the stadium over the west stand roof twice! I can't recall that ever happening since we moved to the Madejski?!?!

Lastly, to those negative supporters that sit around me player bashing, either cheer up and support the team or fook off as nobody wants to hear you moan and groan everytime Jobi gets the ball. He had an average game, he didn't set the world alight, but he certainly doesn't need idiots like you berating his every touch. Also, please watch the penalty again on TV tonight, a worldly save from James is all that stopped an otherwise cracking penalty from hitting the back of the net, I'd like to see any of you step up and take a better pen!

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 28 Jan 2012 17:41

If their players are so good they would be further up the table, two good strikers at this level left on the bench, trying not to get injuries before selling them I wonder.

Basingstoke Royal

by Basingstoke Royal » 28 Jan 2012 17:47

Karacan man of the match again.

Poor performance but so much better upfront. Roberts is exactly what we need and will terrorise defences in this league. Breath of fresh air compared to Church. Made me chuckle when he came on and got a ball played into his feet with his back to goal and it bounced ten yards off him - totally different class.

I think we are missing Kebe and ledge, so winning while we are missing two key players makes it even sweeter. It also sounds like we should expect a couple more signings before the window closes.

Royal Prince

by Royal Prince » 28 Jan 2012 17:50

Forgot to say, Karacan definitely my MOM too, put a proper shift in today!

"He's here, he's there, he's every fooking where, Karacan, Karacan!"

wingnut
Hob Nob Regular

by wingnut » 28 Jan 2012 17:58

Not a great game but Roberts made a big difference to our forward play. Antonio had as good a game as Jobi's was bad. Cummings was excellent and was my MOTM.

250 posts