How Long Will BM Last at this rate?????

3209 posts
royal67

Re: How Long Will BM Last at this rate?????

by royal67 » 18 Dec 2012 15:13

Paulrmb For FS. Leave him alone. He got us here, he deserves to take us down and bring us back up. You are all too bloody spoilt watching good football. I spent all last season listening to the radio here in Ozz. Brian will learn from this given the opportunity. We have all seen what he has done with an average side. Just imagine what he could do with quality.

Good work Brian, its not about your last ten games, its your average what matters.

You're wrong. just live with it.....

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 18 Dec 2012 16:16

Vision You know if we played that way I'd actually play HRK off the striker.

He's decent enough in the air if he has to flick it on.
He's probably got the best close control ball skills of anyone so can maneouvre his way in a tight spots.
Decent enough with both feet
Can definitely pick a pass
A decent finisher
Good pace so can make the odd driving run if required
Has a huge arse so can back in Dalglish style and be difficult to dispossess with his back to play. (Dalglish and HRK mentioned in the same breath BR2 and C'monurz will be having kittens)
The fact that he's useless at tracking back and following runners won't hurt us so much.

this^^

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 18 Dec 2012 16:44

Paulrmb For FS. Leave him alone. He got us here, he deserves to take us down and bring us back up. You are all too bloody spoilt watching good football. I spent all last season listening to the radio here in Ozz. Brian will learn from this given the opportunity. We have all seen what he has done with an average side. Just imagine what he could do with quality.

Good work Brian, its not about your last ten games, its your average what matters.

The fact you listened to the whole of last season on the radio probably accounts for this quote "you are all too bloody spoilt watching good football".

IF Brian learns from this spell then I'd be a lot more confident of his ability to turn it around next season. So far he's shown no capability to learn from his, and the clubs, mistakes this season.

All I've seen him do with an average side is build an average team playing effective football that relied on the opposition not taking advantage of the opportunites we allowed them to have. The problem we're now faced with is that he doesn't seem to be able to counter the opposition to prevent those chances being created (and taken) now we're up against better teams. I've seen nothing to suggest that he'll be better placed to make better players perform better than this lot unfortunately.

M U R T Y

by M U R T Y » 18 Dec 2012 16:50

My two-penneth...

For me, Brian has been found out - we are too predictible, as Gary Neville pointed out yesterday. Brian has to take the blame for the awful, dire tactics - that we tried to play our usual game against Arsenal was at best naive, at worst, clueless. He changed it for the better at 4-0, not 1-0 or 2-0, but 4-0.

With this, combined with the behind the scenes goings on with the dressing room which has contributed to the destruction of the spirit you may need to get out of this situation.

So, a change of manager, may re-harmonise the dressing room, and re-instate some passion, but may ultimately be fruitless in avoiding relegation.

But sticking with Brian may not have any benefits if he cannot reignite the team spirit and passion lacking in recent weeks - no matter which division we are in. We may find ourselves relegated with the stale scenario we experienced with Coppell - no fresh ideas and dressing room issues.

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 18 Dec 2012 16:52

M U R T Y My two-penneth...

For me, Brian has been found out - we are too predictible, as Gary Neville pointed out yesterday. Brian has to take the blame for the awful, dire tactics - that we tried to play our usual game against Arsenal was at best naive, at worst, clueless. He changed it for the better at 4-0, not 1-0 or 2-0, but 4-0.

With this, combined with the behind the scenes goings on with the dressing room which has contributed to the destruction of the spirit you may need to get out of this situation.

So, a change of manager, may re-harmonise the dressing room, and re-instate some passion, but may ultimately be fruitless in avoiding relegation.

But sticking with Brian may not have any benefits if he cannot reignite the team spirit and passion lacking in recent weeks - no matter which division we are in. We may find ourselves relegated with the stale scenario we experienced with Coppell - no fresh ideas and dressing room issues.

^^good post

ankeny
Hob Nob Regular

by ankeny » 18 Dec 2012 16:56

Shut up you tart.

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 18 Dec 2012 16:58

Paulrmb You are all too bloody spoilt watching good football.

Bwahahahaha :lol:

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 18 Dec 2012 17:11

Yes Brian's got a lot wrong but has shown before he can learn and adapt to deal with the challenges that present themselves.

What I want to know is what he actually does in the coaching sense.

And what does Nigel Gibbs do in the coaching sense.

I wouldn't know whether this would have the desired effect or not (and it is ultimately BM's responsibility of course) but I do wonder whether Gibbs (who I am assuming has responsibility for the defence) is the one who should be shown the door. And PDQ.

The No 2 is extremely important, as is the defensive coach. I suspect a change in that area might have more of a positive impact than a change in the No 1. Despite it being seen as the opposite in many quarters I think he has shown balls in the way he's dealt with the dissenters and out-of-formers in the past - perhaps he needs to show similar balls in dealing with the above...

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 18 Dec 2012 17:12

Mr Controversial if I was Brian McDermott I would walk out on the club and stick two fingers up to some of the numpty fans....just remember where we were this time last year - rock bottom of the Championship. :roll:

Mr C

:| No we weren't, we were 7th you moron. We were 23rd for about a week at the start of September 2011 after 6 games, which is as bad as it very very briefly got. Although we still had half as many points as now in a third of the games.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 18 Dec 2012 17:22

Royal Rother Yes Brian's got a lot wrong but has shown before he can learn and adapt to deal with the challenges that present themselves.

In the past he hasn't taken the best part of 6 months to figure it out or start to address the problem. He's previously made things better as we've progressed through a season, this time he's making it worse.

Royal Rother What I want to know is what he actually does in the coaching sense.

And what does Nigel Gibbs do in the coaching sense.

I wouldn't know whether this would have the desired effect or not (and it is ultimately BM's responsibility of course) but I do wonder whether Gibbs (who I am assuming has responsibility for the defence) is the one who should be shown the door. And PDQ.

The No 2 is extremely important, as is the defensive coach. I suspect a change in that area might have more of a positive impact than a change in the No 1. Despite it being seen as the opposite in many quarters I think he has shown balls in the way he's dealt with the dissenters and out-of-formers in the past - perhaps he needs to show similar balls in dealing with the above...

This is one of those rare occassions where RL has been talking sense for a while now. McDermotts coaching setup does seem under-staffed and possibly lacking in experience at this level. I'm not going to start joining the 'bring back Wally' army but I do agree that at some point we need to chage something, and if we can't get the right players in then perhaps the people organising them should be looked at.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 18 Dec 2012 17:24

It's pretty fecking desperate that McDermott's supporters only arguments for him keeping his job is that he got us promoted last season from an easier league where we have consistently had one of the better squads for about a decade and some horseshit about no one being able to do any better just because they have a limited imagination.

Talk about stick your head up your arse and pray.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 18 Dec 2012 17:26

i disagree

Blackbag

by Blackbag » 18 Dec 2012 17:27

Dont know about you lot but i be happy to go down with Di Canio [not in that way!] but imagine a manager with fire and spirit somthing we aint had for a long time

working class hero

by working class hero » 18 Dec 2012 17:29

SPARTA
Mr Controversial
Lacoste If we do still have a small budget, we ned a manager with a proven track record in the market. Brian just buys shit.

Brian out.

I think you will find that HAmmond is responsible for player acquisitions - I suspect McDermott has an input - therefore, as I have said before, its not as simple as pointing the finger at McDermott.

:lol:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/live ... 744/report

Shambles.

Ridiculous that RFC scored with 40% of their shots and Arsenal only converted 25% - Wenger out!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 18 Dec 2012 17:32

Maybe Wenger will buy Federici off us when we get relegated.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 18 Dec 2012 17:37

Brian just buys shit.

kishnashvilli
griffin
roberts
shorey

just the first 4 that came into my head, who were exactly what was required, and made huge impacts on the season they were brought in

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 18 Dec 2012 17:38

melonhead
Brian just buys shit.

kishnashvilli
griffin
roberts
shorey

just the first 4 that came into my head, who were exactly what was required, and made huge impacts on the season they were brought in

At the time, Gorkss, Leigertwood, Harte...

Le Fondre

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 18 Dec 2012 17:41

and boom, theres another 4

to sayhe is shit at buying players on that basis is silly

ill let you say hes not been able to buy players who would instantly make us into a premiere league team with his 5 million quid budget.

:roll: booooooo, brian :roll: out

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 18 Dec 2012 17:55

He's great at buying and spotting top Championship talent. But there is a huge question mark over his ability to spot Premier League talent with an attitude compatible with the club after:

Fae, Halford, Duberry, Kebe, Matejovsky, Cisse, Rosenior, Pogrebnyak, McCleary, Guthrie, Mariappa, Gunter.

Which is basically everyone except Shorey, who we'd already had play for us once. Oh, Seol, he was ok I guess. McDermott 2-12 PL Failure

A bit like the score's likely to be against City.

Sorry, I'm not buying into your everything's fine Brian's brilliant view. I just want any criticism handed out to be reasonably fair.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 18 Dec 2012 18:01

at 2 million quid, every player is a massive unknown gamble at premiere league level.
and id still rather a 2 million failure than a 12, or 22 million failure

at no point have i said everything is fine, or that brian is brilliant
everything is not fine, brian has made some serious errors

3209 posts